Team Speak 3 is better than Discord, Change My Mind

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.

What is better?

• Team Speak 3

• Discord

Results are only viewable after voting.

Larry Gibbons

Dec 6, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Discord is garbage. Team Speak 3 was how a community would gather together for camaraderie. Discord is completely lacking in customization as well as text chat within channels, they have separate channels for text chat... It is this new gamer generation garbage.

Children who don't know how to install and setup TS3, please don't reply to this.

What's your opinion?

Reactions: table

DystopianRaven

Monolith Pleb
Jun 24, 2017
New Zealand
TeamSpeak UI gives me a brain tumour, although voice quality is better tbh, especially for around the world communications... Discord I find is more community friendly.

Also, Larry could your profile pic get anymore pixelated, it's almost as dead as you

thtgeekydude

Banned
Banned
Jul 21, 2018
TS3 isn't more user friendly along with upon first use it can be pretty complicated. TS3 can be good for amassing voice channels but discord is prefect for something such as the mono discord.

Larry Gibbons

Dec 6, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
TeamSpeak UI gives me a brain tumour, although voice quality is better tbh, especially for around the world communications... Discord I find is more community friendly.

Also, Larry could your profile pic get anymore pixelated, it's almost as dead as you
The UI is actually very intuitive compared to other systems. I personally prefer that over Discord's overly simplified system. Plus, I am an IT guy. I like to have most of my systems in-house rather than abroad. Discord does seem more friendly on the eyes, but other than that, it's voice quality is not even close compared to TS3.

And for the profile pic, I lost the original, I have just been using copy overs of the same image.

imaspy14

Jan 26, 2018
Canada
Tbh I like both I have used both for 5 years now discord a little more but. tbh I think discord could be only better because of the chat system as you can post updates etc and everyone can see other then TS you cant

Eldar987

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Teamspeak:
Pros:
Much better voice communication quality
Seperation of groups, channels and permissions are MILES better.
Privacy is much better.

Cons:
Stupidly expensive for the modern age
Horrible UI
Horrible "Friend" system
Global chat feature is awfully designed
CONSTANT updates that break skins/plugins

Discord:

Pros:
Free!!
Text communication always on is miles better than TS
Phone application that is free and optimized well.
Free music bots and other useful programs.

Cons:
Shit voice quality because it uses P2P communication. (Also makes it users vulnerable to IP sniffer attacks)
Invasive updates often without permission.
Little permission control

Teamspeak excels in only two areas really: Security and Voice quality.

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict
Tbh, I like teamspeak and discord. The only issue in have with Teamspeak is its crappy UI which is why it isnt so widely adopted

The JD

Banned
Banned
Oct 19, 2018
Discord feels a lot more user friendly. I really like the discord bots, the way you can set up discord j feels way better than Ts imo.

Ron

Banned
Banned
Aug 9, 2017
banned.
Also makes it users vulnerable to IP sniffer attacks
I think teamspeak make's that easier server owners can get your ip vs discord everything is private and script kiddies wont take you offline for hours.