[Technical] Crashing while connecting to Monolith Rust? Use Discord? Read this!

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.

Tristan

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Dec 27, 2018

The Discord overlay causes no issues for me in other games, but for some reason the overlay will crash my Rust even if I'm not in voice. After finding limited information regarding this online, I finally found this to be the cause of my crashing issues. Hopefully this helps someone else.

Tristan

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Dec 27, 2018
I really want to believe it's just a theory cause everytime i played rust with the overlay on Rust never had issues with it

But Thanks for the guide, who knows maybe i'll need it :D
Yeah man, I know this is a problem not everyone has but for some reason I cannot connect to a rust server with it enabled. I tried everything else and this was the only thing that fixed it. So I just thought I'd post it here in-case it could help someone else.