Status
Not open for further replies.

Islexic

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I am thankful for my 1.3 million dollar house IRL a Porsche 911 and Bmw M3. Oh yeah and good grodes.

Johnny Hernandez

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I am thankful for monolith in general. I love this server and @Razile for introducing it to me. I have spent a lot of time on this server and I am thankful for how well the server is run. It has a good staff team for the most part. I am thankful for developers for making the server great. I am thankful for the community as a whole. I would like to especially thank some people like @papa1456 , @Lil Pat , @Razile , @Lola Meid , @Justin The Ungrateful , @Kocayine , and @k y l e . These are some people that have made my time on monolith enjoyable. I am thankful for monolith and how fun it is.

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I'm thankful for the server's vision. A dedicated RP using the best of Gmod's mechanics and constantly refining them, Thankful for the staff that support it, voluntarily (even when I'm making trouble.) serving the community out of their own free time, day after day.
I'm thankful that we exist in a community that can transcend borders and differences to create gameplay, friendships and community and memorable experiences.

One of the things I really like about the server that's one of the many unique qualities about the server, is it's actually worthwhile having a little patch of farm to grow a bunch of plants and knock over a toilet, invite your friends and play trashy music on their radio. It's actually possible to have productive gameplay that isn't at breakneck speed all the time:

KkEEcB5.png

But lastly, sort of a personal one,
Garry's mod is still very much behind in terms of it's attitudes to women, minorities, LGBTQIA+ and such, so I wasn't super surprised to find myself asking people to stop using slurs and so on, but I found myself in a more personal incident with a player.
Ask a typical Gmod player what gender identity is, and they'll likely parade that tired old meme "hurr hurr attack Helicopter" that people like me have heard directed at us for months and months. I was in the unfortunate position that a player had learnt something about me, that I am non-binary. I feel uncomfortable with the rule that I can only be gendered as male or female - just the same way that many of you would be uncomfortable being forced to be a girl, or otherwise.

At first, I was trying to explain to this person, why it's just an identity, but as it went along, it got worse, and they became abusive, and it wasn't long before I started hearing their other outlying views by extension, and it had really gotten to be a bit too abusive for me, despite asking them to stop, I called an admin, and Tim picked up the report.

I readied myself to begin to explain what the issue was, how he was attacking me for my gender identity, but I'd gotten just a couple of words into preparing an explanation when Tim simply said:
"Attacking based on gender, yeah that's against server rules." And dealt with the situation swiftly.

It's difficult already for gamers to push back against existing barriers to women, and gender identity is something that unfortunately, more negative attention is generated than educating information.
But Tim saw straight through that for the issue at hand - and I didn't even have get into nuanced language or complex gender debate that I am so tired of repeatedly having with people who'd rather just throw slurs.

So @Tim Transworth , I dedicate this thanks to you.
For being a human being, and an honestly good staff member.
Thank you.

Ultera

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I just want to say I'm thankful for all of the enjoyment Monolith has been able to bring me. I'm thankful for all of the friends and people in general I have met through this wonderful community each person whether friend or foe has taught me lessons whether it be strategy to attack, defend or simply make money. I am thankful for all of the staff members whether I've had good or bad experiences with them I get their role is difficult and usually under appreciated. As a short list I would like to thank my friends @A Dark ℛose Panda @Tim Transworth @Darth @DJ Greg @Lola Meid And last but certainly not least @DevulTj And many more but I don't wish to fill my entire post with mentions. Happy Thanksgiving everyone I hope I see you all next year and this server is still thriving and running well.

Covent

Years of Mono

LV

Im thankful for the dedication of the staff and being able to play on such a unique server that no other server is like this one. Keep up the work staff.

NASA

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I’m thankful for this community no matter the ups and downs that I’ve gone with this. This community has always been welcoming. I’m extremely thankful for the devs. They’ve really made the server even more amazing and keep on doing that. I’m espcially thankful for @Gurrazor for seeing potential in me in the past. As coming back welcoming me back and helping me get back on the road. While most of my friends on monolith are gone now I’m thankful for @Onami driving with me and helping me out with that Tesla. I’m thankful for @Aaron for helping me out in the staff team since the beginning congrats on SD again! I’m thankful for @Lola Meid for keeping me on track recently, and being in my opinion the most hardworking and dedicated staff member, manager, player I’ve ever seen on my screen. I’m thankful for @Gregory Lotus for just being a good friend and being my moderating partner in the past. I’m thankful for @Hazza because it’s hazza <3 I’ve been playing for quite a while I just got my biggest achievement on the server a 300k car doing nothing illegal. That’s right not one item or money stolen. No drugs, not even farming. I love this server so much it was purely through playing Police, EMS, FD, Tow Trucking, and mayor. Really I’m thankful for all the staff because you need to be dedicated and very active. They take time out of their lives. Everyday to serve us and make sure everyone is having a great time. I’m thankful for every player without the players there would be no one to arrest, rob, pull over, etc... even though there are some sour players. There are some true roleplayers who keep the game fresh.

Lastly, I’m 99% Lola is being held hostage by TJ.

Last edited:

Superheavy

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I am thankful for all the fun times I've had running from the police or chasing people as police. There's nothing better than crashing police vehicles in areas they can't get out of!

Also I'm dutch so I don't celebrate thanksgiving.

Johnny Jones

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I am not happy that monolith decide to delete posts for no reason

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

I am not happy that monolith decide to delete posts for no reason
You may not agree with the reason, or understand the reason, but there is always a reason.

D

Deleted member 902

I’m thankful for this community no matter the ups and downs that I’ve gone with this. This community has always been welcoming. I’m extremely thankful for the devs. They’ve really made the server even more amazing and keep on doing that. I’m espcially thankful for @Gurrazor for seeing potential in me in the past. As coming back welcoming me back and helping me get back on the road. While most of my friends on monolith are gone now I’m thankful for @Onami driving with me and helping me out with that Tesla. I’m thankful for @Aaron for helping me out in the staff team since the beginning congrats on SD again! I’m thankful for @Lola Meid for keeping me on track recently, and being in my opinion the most hardworking and dedicated staff member, manager, player I’ve ever seen on my screen. I’m thankful for @Gregory Lotus for just being a good friend and being my moderating partner in the past. I’m thankful for @Hazza because it’s hazza <3 I’ve been playing for quite a while I just got my biggest achievement on the server a 300k car doing nothing illegal. That’s right not one item or money stolen. No drugs, not even farming. I love this server so much it was purely through playing Police, EMS, FD, Tow Trucking, and mayor. Really I’m thankful for all the staff because you need to be dedicated and very active. They take time out of their lives. Everyday to serve us and make sure everyone is having a great time. I’m thankful for every player without the players there would be no one to arrest, rob, pull over, etc... even though there are some sour players. There are some true roleplayers who keep the game fresh.

Lastly, I’m 99% Lola is being held hostage by TJ.
<3

Energy

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I am super thankful for the founder / staff of this community. I appreciate there hard work and responsibility through out this spectacular server. I love everything about this server and it is an important part about this gmod community. I'm thankful that everyone accepts new people and random people. Thank you for your administration, moderation, and honor ship communicating through out this amazing server. Thank you for doing what is important to this monolith community and was makes us strong! #MonolithFTW <3

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Hello Monolith, thank you all for participating!
There has been so many of you who shared their thanks. There has been very emotional and very thoughtful ones, but also funny ones that have not been overseen. So before picking the top 3 we want to thank you all very deeply for taking the time to share your thoughts! :p

Now we have found our top 3 for our Thanksgiving Competition is:
3. @Opsprey
2. @Razile
1. @Senpai

Congrats to you top 3 for receiving $50.000 ! You can collect your money by showing this post to one of our SA's or founders.
On our way to Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.