Clutch Master FTW

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

wMJx8RIBc05rgNrgApoB0uVDvTJjpMV5zpgXqw-tLf1PHSMOCBkVY94zIBpEt-PRqdgfgwrIG4ejbN8ApOec5jSOse34YIi6FBU1ii9W7kvL74U2mbgka2PMSy4x-htKYNIRwt2L

The Problem with Monolith’s Economy
Hello players of Monolith, have you ever noticed how messed up the prices of most items are on the server? Yeah? Us too. Here is a comprehensive list on what needs to be fixed to make the economy somewhat stable.

tn0PYBv54x9jlpMMEurR2JuEp4PWsVCalRbvcmqJwE4fCiDYnAV10lgu7gu6ErRRZEuHICSW8D2HAbyWGp4mqAKjgDDEBwXMMz_PMeXOKmlEC9CU9ZGRjTzVvD4nWz-3COSDvDC8
1. Guns are not worth crafting, then selling.

1.1. Some of the only times guns are sold, is when top fraggers kill others, and then sell the weapons they get from looting off the bodies. A very small portion of people craft guns to sell anymore, since it is not worth the time, or the money you get from them.

1.2. The time it takes to grind resource nodes to craft weapons alone, is simply not worth it. Drugs give you much more profit and less risk of time loss.

1.3. Why craft weapons, when you can just make 5 batches of Cocaine, make from $45-70k, then buy 7 vectors (based off of the current market standard of vectors, which is $10k each). This to me is just the most absurd part, because it will take you anywhere from 20 minutes, to 1 hour just to do 5 batches of coke, while (let's say you make $50k from coke, which is a little under the average) to make $50k worth of vectors (5), it will take you AT THE LEAST 3 hours to mine, refine materials, and craft these weapons, then sell them for the same price of ~40 minutes worth of coke. Not to mention the renting prices of warehouses, which will range from $6,000, to $12,000 for those 3 hours.

hN-zdnjSjNqITlsDfw1lTtcB_9hVZ_vPxSlB1EK_O14lwDryIWonpvfaT9AL-ziAmsgTfxBjBqrhPGHshTBE1EEedcTpwtwSBj-2g7WRsPysxEq2DoYM5YT4Uztrq6Tnflcnjxx3

hn6PAIij8_R4kI6fbky28ffgQTI-lz9jx7hH8oXrRnKpkIF-gdC96y-Ct9qnlF66k5MhmRYDq01NXplBEu5pWyabiX305aISkQHA3G84tkp2b5wp8cjevQUZczla8oHNjvTEiMyB

^ Pictures from my crafting calculator, which represents the estimated bare minimum of time needed to craft a set amount of weapons.

1.4. We have asked many people, who only make drugs as their source of money: “Do you ever craft your own weapons?”. The reply from ALL 10 of them was “No.”, the reasoning? Well, would you believe that they all said that it wasn’t worth their time at all, when they could just buy a high end gun which took them a minute to purchase, for 5-10 minutes of grinding drug money.

Listen, for this issue we aren’t asking for anything to be done by the development team necessarily, we just want community standards to be changed so more people can do passive activities, instead of constantly doing drugs (which is the meta), and getting rewarded, instead of people trying to craft and sell guns for the people who don’t craft them for themselves.

5-hFnPbVFB5o7tpbr5HnAJ9RDW034ywv8573jKRYZH0w7YoN4Z6h8yWGbEUrBOFMPRebqAfa9AP1fW6vbVqaJgk3Ak-3FaLZTRltxHrM_puYSXV9QdkRSCLzexcxK0OLZdhhoqcb
2. Food is NOT worth cooking AND/OR selling.

2.1. Again, it really comes down to the fact that it’s not worth the time to make, or to sell. And this really makes me sad, because crafting/selling food is probably the best passive RP you can get off the server, and not many people do it mainly because it is nowhere near worth your time to craft/farm for it (for a source of money).

2.2. An example of food not being worth it at all is the fact that cakes get marketed for up to $1,000, mainly for the profits (when there nearly are none even at that price), and not much people buy them (except for the rich who constantly make coke), because why buy that expensive food, which gives almost full hunger, when you can just buy 5 ice cream for ~$250. It just doesn’t make sense. A way this issue can be fixed, is if all produce that is sold to the NPCs, gets sold back to players through the Mono Market system, or just a way to straight up purchase fruits/vegetables from NPCs. (I know v2.0 will be somewhat buffing out food with effects and such, I just hope that it also helps with the economical issues of cooking too.)

2.3. Another issue is Bite Drivers, last time anyone saw a bite driver doing their job without being a minge was never. They only use their vehicles to crash into people. Make it so cooks can sell their food to a Bite Driver Player or NPC which then stocks the Bite Vans. This allows for the same or even more RP interaction between players. Purchasing through the Mono Market seems to have a couple days hold sometimes, using the bite driver will allow for instant delivery. (This will also help with the lack of people roleplaying as Bite Delivery Employees correctly).

GtuT5MaK86NPmZ8bntcARNUVtuK3Jc95TZSWhB8BNX2zTWrW8bN-uZ5BiMmvIt2jCVWsRicDkzKLrlVMKfwsoPHojBB6eFt6gQv-Qbu-Khd-UJwkV4044YwG1uhnQrYBxg9MwUUc
3. What is the point of fishing? It clearly is not for the money or fun of it.

3.1. Fishing has it’s ups and downs, you can kill yourself if you eat a couple of them raw, or you can take 10 minutes to catch, cook, and eat something that is ~50 hunger. The highest level food from fishing (the Lobster), when cooked is 95 hunger. To catch it, may take up to 10 minutes worth of fishing, and to cook it, 5 minutes? What’s the point? Really?

3.2. We have talked about this issue already regarding the food situation, but fishing is also a horrible way to make money. You can either sell them to NPCs or to players, which will not make you profit at all. You can also eat it for a whopping 20-95 hunger! Wow.

wFFf7Rmg8KGZjHOAKntpXnLjSHSvWUZIRFmuiuLwqKejWCmuE0HqBwyA_yQVFI7oRiQj_S8VlN29jLhNk9AOFeEIt9cy6sqSSxU69jch5XH5ojCoE-C_c4O3-OpsUc2HfIo8-ImX
4. Drugs are easy to do and make money… way too much money compared to EVERY other activity/method on the server.

4.1. Drugs are obviously the meta as we have previously touched on this subject. It takes no time other than grinding to coke, to make insane amounts of cash in no less than an hour. 30 minutes of weed is $20k at the least, and 40 minutes of coke is $50k at the least. Such little amount of time to be able to purchase multiple of some of the best guns in the game.

4.2. I know some of you guys are going to comment: “What about getting raided? The risks!”, well, if you get raided for all of your cocaine equipment, oh boo hoo, just 5 batches of coke will have bounced you back up. Unlike if you get raided when crafting guns, where either some, or all of the ores/ingots/guns you made gets stolen, you are set back a couple hours.

4.3. This issue does require some balancing, which I know the developers have constantly been doing, but honestly, this issue alone makes the economy of every other item in the game worth nothing. The only people that are impacted from this is the rich.

Hopefully in version 2.0, at least some of the issues we talk about in this post will be solved, and the people who want to actually roleplay on a roleplay server passively can finally do so, without wasting their time and being so far below the people who grind drugs.

H4iXuh5Moui6SEVspyfhP3tTsT1RCM5kCWlb_0wto_9RBWRUNdUHe9R6P-uc6j23pLjq3QNomo4QIBJwBIJ1Ece44jbixsvesDY5W_3Lp7Uw2rzLjWsEmiqP_AHw_3KCdcGvBeTW

A Public Rant by @Clutch Master FTW and @Dakota Keez .

TheLoser27

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

4.2. I know some of you guys are going to comment: “What about getting raided? The risks!”, well, if you get raided for all of your cocaine equipment, oh boo hoo, just 5 batches of coke will have bounced you back up. Unlike if you get raided when crafting guns, where either some, or all of the ores/ingots/guns you made gets stolen, you are set back a couple hours.
For Number 1, Make it worth your time sell at your own prices, might take longer but it's whatever.

For Number 3, Fishing is fun, you can just sit around and fish while talking to people something called "Passive RP"

For Number 4.2, The reason people have got money from coke and stuff is because they grinded towards it, you do relies it probably takes a hundred or so BATCHES of LSD just to get to the bare minimum levels of coke right? It's meant to be high paying because it's basically like end game playing, something that you can just make money quick not something to take a year to farm for.

Clutch Master FTW

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

For Number 1, Make it worth your time sell at your own prices, might take longer but it's whatever.

For Number 3, Fishing is fun, you can just sit around and fish while talking to people something called "Passive RP"

For Number 4.2, The reason people have got money from coke and stuff is because they grinded towards it, you do relies it probably takes a hundred or so BATCHES of LSD just to get to the bare minimum levels of coke right? It's meant to be high paying because it's basically like end game playing, something that you can just make money quick not something to take a year to farm for.
1. Nobody buys at whatever your prices are, there basically is a set limit at which people decide to buy from you. If you try to go over that, people ask if you are crazy.
2. FIshing (IN MY OPINION) would be fun if you actually got a decent amount of money from it.
3. I can guarantee 10-20% of the player base that is on at all times can do coke. But yeah, a lot of people can't still, that's why I mentioned that a change would only affect the rich.

TheLoser27

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

1. Nobody buys at whatever your prices are, there basically is a set limit at which people decide to buy from you. If you try to go over that, people ask if you are crazy.
2. FIshing (IN MY OPINION) would be fun if you actually got a decent amount of money from it.
3. I can guarantee 10-20% of the player base that is on at all times can do coke. But yeah, a lot of people can't still, that's why I mentioned that a change would only affect the rich.
1. People WILL buy at whatever prices, I and @Tye are both examples of being able to sell anything at any prices...
2. @HockeyExpert30 AND @thekylevanhorn are both examples of making fishing profitable and getting rich from it...
3. It is what it is, Coke will always be the best illegal thing...

TwewT

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Fish used to be profitable until they nerfed cooking. I could make 100k in 2 hours simply selling the cooked fish at the supermarket.

DK.

Server Director
Server Director
Event Team
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

1. People WILL buy at whatever prices, I and @Tye are both examples of being able to sell anything at any prices...
2. @HockeyExpert30 AND @thekylevanhorn are both examples of making fishing profitable and getting rich from it...
3. It is what it is, Coke will always be the best illegal thing...
people will buy at whatever prices is a joke and I assume they got rich before it got nerfed.

TheLoser27

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Last edited:

TheLoser27

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

people will buy at whatever prices is a joke and I assume they got rich before it got nerfed.
Nope people will buy it at ANY price, also no Hockey still does it, and Kyle does it once in a blue moon

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Its a player driven economy it should stay this way.

Al límite

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

All these things are profitable , I see no need to change anything I don't know why we can't just have good things :(. Simply stop asking for nerfs becuase you don't have the skills to make money.

DK.

Server Director
Server Director
Event Team
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

All these things are profitable , I see no need to change anything I don't know why we can't just have good things :(. Simply stop asking for nerfs becuase you don't have the skills to make money.
Who said anything about nerfing? Did you even read the post?

Al límite

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Who said anything about nerfing? Did you even read the post?
He is talking about how "easy" it is to make coke with almost 0 risk yet you see nobody basing during prime hours becuase of how nerfed and risky it is during prime hours becuase a lot of people raid, He says you can simply buy mutiple guns with 20 minutes of coke and making that insane ammount of cash . While making guns takes "Time" ofcourse it would and he says it needs to be better becuase nobody makes them and people steal all of their bars and shit while this is simply your fault if you can't kill a person who raids you :/. I think everything is fine and should not be changed and if it was to be changed a need for less risk and more profit is needed to make people base during prime hours so that players like me that only play for pvp actually have smthn to do.

Reactions: Tye

Clutch Master FTW

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

He is talking about how "easy" it is to make coke with almost 0 risk yet you see nobody basing during prime hours becuase of how nerfed and risky it is during prime hours becuase a lot of people raid, He says you can simply buy mutiple guns with 20 minutes of coke and making that insane ammount of cash . While making guns takes "Time" ofcourse it would and he says it needs to be better becuase nobody makes them and people steal all of their bars and shit while this is simply your fault if you can't kill a person who raids you :/. I think everything is fine and should not be changed and if it was to be changed a need for less risk and more profit is needed to make people base during prime hours so that players like me that only play for pvp actually have smthn to do.
This is personally me (which is why I'm not going to argue), every time I base and make coke, and I get raided by someone, Ive made at least 300k before I get raided. Somehow I get raided more when crafting guns, and that sometimes can set you back hours. I also base during prime hours, and I made guns when there are 30 people on, so that was never the issue (again, with me personally).

Clutch Master FTW

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Its a player driven economy it should stay this way.
I agree it should stay a player driven economy, this post is describing why I think players opinions on what the prices of guns, etc. should be is horrible.

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

This is another one of those cases where making something like real life didn't work.

Want to make something difficult? It makes sense to make it take longer.

In game however that just bores everyone and as a result no one fishes and even a small amount cook.

It is easier in monoford to commit a mass shooting than it is to buy a lobster.

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

wMJx8RIBc05rgNrgApoB0uVDvTJjpMV5zpgXqw-tLf1PHSMOCBkVY94zIBpEt-PRqdgfgwrIG4ejbN8ApOec5jSOse34YIi6FBU1ii9W7kvL74U2mbgka2PMSy4x-htKYNIRwt2L

The Problem with Monolith’s Economy
Hello players of Monolith, have you ever noticed how messed up the prices of most items are on the server? Yeah? Us too. Here is a comprehensive list on what needs to be fixed to make the economy somewhat stable.

tn0PYBv54x9jlpMMEurR2JuEp4PWsVCalRbvcmqJwE4fCiDYnAV10lgu7gu6ErRRZEuHICSW8D2HAbyWGp4mqAKjgDDEBwXMMz_PMeXOKmlEC9CU9ZGRjTzVvD4nWz-3COSDvDC8

1.1. Some of the only times guns are sold, is when top fraggers kill others, and then sell the weapons they get from looting off the bodies. A very small portion of people craft guns to sell anymore, since it is not worth the time, or the money you get from them.

1.2. The time it takes to grind resource nodes to craft weapons alone, is simply not worth it. Drugs give you much more profit and less risk of time loss.

1.3. Why craft weapons, when you can just make 5 batches of Cocaine, make from $45-70k, then buy 7 vectors (based off of the current market standard of vectors, which is $10k each). This to me is just the most absurd part, because it will take you anywhere from 20 minutes, to 1 hour just to do 5 batches of coke, while (let's say you make $50k from coke, which is a little under the average) to make $50k worth of vectors (5), it will take you AT THE LEAST 3 hours to mine, refine materials, and craft these weapons, then sell them for the same price of ~40 minutes worth of coke. Not to mention the renting prices of warehouses, which will range from $6,000, to $12,000 for those 3 hours.

hN-zdnjSjNqITlsDfw1lTtcB_9hVZ_vPxSlB1EK_O14lwDryIWonpvfaT9AL-ziAmsgTfxBjBqrhPGHshTBE1EEedcTpwtwSBj-2g7WRsPysxEq2DoYM5YT4Uztrq6Tnflcnjxx3

hn6PAIij8_R4kI6fbky28ffgQTI-lz9jx7hH8oXrRnKpkIF-gdC96y-Ct9qnlF66k5MhmRYDq01NXplBEu5pWyabiX305aISkQHA3G84tkp2b5wp8cjevQUZczla8oHNjvTEiMyB

^ Pictures from my crafting calculator, which represents the estimated bare minimum of time needed to craft a set amount of weapons.

1.4. We have asked many people, who only make drugs as their source of money: “Do you ever craft your own weapons?”. The reply from ALL 10 of them was “No.”, the reasoning? Well, would you believe that they all said that it wasn’t worth their time at all, when they could just buy a high end gun which took them a minute to purchase, for 5-10 minutes of grinding drug money.

Listen, for this issue we aren’t asking for anything to be done by the development team necessarily, we just want community standards to be changed so more people can do passive activities, instead of constantly doing drugs (which is the meta), and getting rewarded, instead of people trying to craft and sell guns for the people who don’t craft them for themselves.

5-hFnPbVFB5o7tpbr5HnAJ9RDW034ywv8573jKRYZH0w7YoN4Z6h8yWGbEUrBOFMPRebqAfa9AP1fW6vbVqaJgk3Ak-3FaLZTRltxHrM_puYSXV9QdkRSCLzexcxK0OLZdhhoqcb
2. Food is NOT worth cooking AND/OR selling.

2.1. Again, it really comes down to the fact that it’s not worth the time to make, or to sell. And this really makes me sad, because crafting/selling food is probably the best passive RP you can get off the server, and not many people do it mainly because it is nowhere near worth your time to craft/farm for it (for a source of money).

2.2. An example of food not being worth it at all is the fact that cakes get marketed for up to $1,000, mainly for the profits (when there nearly are none even at that price), and not much people buy them (except for the rich who constantly make coke), because why buy that expensive food, which gives almost full hunger, when you can just buy 5 ice cream for ~$250. It just doesn’t make sense. A way this issue can be fixed, is if all produce that is sold to the NPCs, gets sold back to players through the Mono Market system, or just a way to straight up purchase fruits/vegetables from NPCs. (I know v2.0 will be somewhat buffing out food with effects and such, I just hope that it also helps with the economical issues of cooking too.)

2.3. Another issue is Bite Drivers, last time anyone saw a bite driver doing their job without being a minge was never. They only use their vehicles to crash into people. Make it so cooks can sell their food to a Bite Driver Player or NPC which then stocks the Bite Vans. This allows for the same or even more RP interaction between players. Purchasing through the Mono Market seems to have a couple days hold sometimes, using the bite driver will allow for instant delivery. (This will also help with the lack of people roleplaying as Bite Delivery Employees correctly).

GtuT5MaK86NPmZ8bntcARNUVtuK3Jc95TZSWhB8BNX2zTWrW8bN-uZ5BiMmvIt2jCVWsRicDkzKLrlVMKfwsoPHojBB6eFt6gQv-Qbu-Khd-UJwkV4044YwG1uhnQrYBxg9MwUUc

3.1. Fishing has it’s ups and downs, you can kill yourself if you eat a couple of them raw, or you can take 10 minutes to catch, cook, and eat something that is ~50 hunger. The highest level food from fishing (the Lobster), when cooked is 95 hunger. To catch it, may take up to 10 minutes worth of fishing, and to cook it, 5 minutes? What’s the point? Really?

3.2. We have talked about this issue already regarding the food situation, but fishing is also a horrible way to make money. You can either sell them to NPCs or to players, which will not make you profit at all. You can also eat it for a whopping 20-95 hunger! Wow.

wFFf7Rmg8KGZjHOAKntpXnLjSHSvWUZIRFmuiuLwqKejWCmuE0HqBwyA_yQVFI7oRiQj_S8VlN29jLhNk9AOFeEIt9cy6sqSSxU69jch5XH5ojCoE-C_c4O3-OpsUc2HfIo8-ImX
4. Drugs are easy to do and make money… way too much money compared to EVERY other activity/method on the server.

4.1. Drugs are obviously the meta as we have previously touched on this subject. It takes no time other than grinding to coke, to make insane amounts of cash in no less than an hour. 30 minutes of weed is $20k at the least, and 40 minutes of coke is $50k at the least. Such little amount of time to be able to purchase multiple of some of the best guns in the game.

4.3. This issue does require some balancing, which I know the developers have constantly been doing, but honestly, this issue alone makes the economy of every other item in the game worth nothing. The only people that are impacted from this is the rich.

Hopefully in version 2.0, at least some of the issues we talk about in this post will be solved, and the people who want to actually roleplay on a roleplay server passively can finally do so, without wasting their time and being so far below the people who grind drugs.

H4iXuh5Moui6SEVspyfhP3tTsT1RCM5kCWlb_0wto_9RBWRUNdUHe9R6P-uc6j23pLjq3QNomo4QIBJwBIJ1Ece44jbixsvesDY5W_3Lp7Uw2rzLjWsEmiqP_AHw_3KCdcGvBeTW

A Public Rant by @Clutch Master FTW and @Dakota Keez .
It seems like neither of u read arroyos msg, cooking is being changed. Like changes are coming. Drugs should always be meta, they cost the most to setup, they have the most risk and take the highest Lvls.

TheLoser27

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

1.In game however that just bores everyone and as a result no one fishes and even a small amount cook.
2.It is easier in monoford to commit a mass shooting than it is to buy a lobster.
1. People fish, you just don't see them do it, or watch them do it, People rarely do it because their are other ways of making money, but people fish
2. Not true, Make an ad for buying Lobster people probally have some for sale ;)

Foxtrot0295

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

fishing is bad and needs to def be updated
farming max level is possibly the only legal way to make decent money it makes u the same as LSD
guns need to be more expensive and harder to get tbh, pple have banks FILLED with guns that their not willing to sell because they wont make any decent money back

max rank jobs def need to pay more, asst chief with prem pays like $975 every 15 mins which is not even worth it