Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

KuroShukun

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Monolith RP still has a GOOD player count. There are other realistic city rp servers that had 20 or less players for 2-3 years, and that server survived.

MrTaxi

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Would you rather surrender and go to jail, and loose everything and possibly wait 30m, or would you rather get in a shootout and have a chance at keeping your stuff and only wait like 6 min if you arent successful. Dying is less of a punishment than going to jail, and killing is fun, thats why people fragrp
Yeah but that’s literally the opposite of proper RP, which is what this server is about. plus, cops force people out of their cars and search them during traffic stops sometimes, which leads to a big thing on the forums with player reports and RR. People just run in fear of their items being lost because of rule breaking police

Nomad_600

Mentor
Mentor
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Personally I'm going to say a few thing regarding this

"Staff issue is only minor and don't cause a lot of times/ticket response time"

So while I only can comment on my own experience while I was still a staff member I believe that in general staff ticket are surprisingly lengthy and can take up to 20-30 minutes, I even have sits that take up to an hour before and have multiple staff handle it due to how long it got and let me tell you how it usually goes. Now for example sake it was a ticket for an RDM case in which the staff online have to then find both party involved and if there are multiple people find all of them that is needed for the sits, then we have to sit and wait until they both done arguing on what happened and usually it will be 2 different story, now after that if they have videos then we usually wait and sit there for another 5-10 minutes waiting for it to be uploaded and then watched and see if that video can solve the sit or not, if its not then we have to go through logs of that times and then judge everything with incomplete information. After everything this ticket will most likely take 10-20 minutes-ish if not longer depend on how many other factors are there. Now while you are dealing with that ticket the server is still in motion and then more ticket come around. Not to mention if you are helping out in events, working in media and meanwhile also trying not to lose your goddamn mind because you are getting harrass by some player for simply doing your job.

Police

So 1 problem with PD that the accountability is near 0 due to the fact that the only 2 position that have any true internal power over the force is the Chief and the Assistant Chief so every other bad cop get away with stuff because a LT or a SGT have no power over them as much as a PO while normally IRL they have more power to implement punishment on cops who have had bad behavior, now 1 solution to this would be to have Supervisor play PD alot more because that's usually how you can really deal with bad cop the most which is on the spot. Now with the issue of PD just go around and shoot instead of RP it out thats really tough to fix because let's be real everytime PD try to RP it usually end in their demise and who would rather surrender vs fighting back because let's be real that just the sad truth is that since there is no ultimate consequence of death people tend to just go for it instead of playing it safe.

Finally the issue of big org dominating, personally big org are now so big that they have so much equipment that new player don't have anything to fight back, new player might have a rag-tag AK while org can roll around in super-car with ACR/SCAR strap to the core with a group of 8.

Just my opinion

Niko2k

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

i got banned for a week after prop pushing once, EPIC

British Beef

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I am making this discussion to try and speak freely about this issue, the decline of player count right now is insane and anyone can easily tell the difference, this thread isnt intended to shit all over staff or to "incite drama" its to let people say what they think is causing the issue, ive never seen player counts that are this low consistently, well ever. Ive been playing since June 2019 and again this is the lowest player counts that last more then a few days, that ive seen happening. I hope that 2.0 will bring players back but mono will not survive if the pop stays this low. Mono just isnt rly fun right now with this little ppl still playing.

A few things that i think have had a factor in causing this are :

1) Staff being way too harsh with players.

2) Police just not getting treated to the same standard.

3) The quantity over quality attitude of recruiting new staff/mentors.

4) General burnout.

5) Lack of new content.

Im interested to see what the community thinks about this stuff, if i get warned or smth for saying what i said then idrc at that point, it would more just prove what im saying. (tho im positive i wont) So anyways feel free to reply to this and speak about whatever as long as it is related to the lack of players.

EDIT : If you are a player who has stopped/doesn't play as much anymore this is the perfect place to say why. + KEEP THIS SHIT CIVIL.

The main issue for the low player count is the staff team I've yet to encounter a worse staff team on any other gaming community than monolith ranging from the way they treat players in their community to their general attitude around their role to the way they deal with conflicts. Ultimately the staff are responsible for the low player count and there will be a lot of people that will agree with me on this but are too scared to say anything in fear of retaliation by staff and in turn that is an issue in itself.

Now, of course, there are exceptions to this and there have been amazing staff and still are but this is representative of the entire staff team as a whole.

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The main issue for the low player count is the staff team I've yet to encounter a worse staff team on any other gaming community than monolith ranging from the way they treat players in their community to their general attitude around their role to the way they deal with conflicts. Ultimately the staff are responsible for the low player count and there will be a lot of people that will agree with me on this but are too scared to say anything in fear of retaliation by staff and in turn that is an issue in itself.

Now, of course, there are exceptions to this and there have been amazing staff and still are but this is representative of the entire staff team as a whole.
Imo the majority of the staff team are fine and do their jobs well. A year ago i would have agreed with you about the "fear of retaliation" part, since back then there wasnt really discussions allowed. Tbh now tho i dont see that much anymore, not on a wide scale atleast.

Skojen

Community Manager
Community Manager
Marketing Team
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Let me address your questions, from my perspective as a staff member:

1) Staff being way too harsh with players.

First and foremost, we try our best to be fair and courteous to all players. Staff members may punish certain players based from their history - if they are a repeat offender and do not show any willingness to change, then harsher punishments will be given. Hence why newer players are treated differently, in regards to recieving punishments. We are trained to be unbiased and to have fair judgement in sits.

From a player's point of view, I can completely understand this, I was once a player. But when you spend enough time taking more than 1,500 sits, you will soon understand player history is a key factor in why harsher punishments are issued. Other factors to "staff being way too harsh with players" could also be their behaviour in a sit.

For example, you have a player in your sit that has broke FearRP. They use vulguar langauage against the staff player and to whomever reported them, this may in some way cause their punishment to be more greater than what it would intended to be, due to their carelessness & inability to listen. Now, imagine the same situaion but the reported player remains calm and shows good etiquette, this may have a better outcome in a sit.

There are lots of factors at play here. But I can assure you that our staff team will continue to show good etiquette, fair judgement, unbiased decision making and professionalism in terms of dealing with players in sits - yes, staff members may make mistakes at times, but we do our best to address those errors when needed if they get flagged to us.

2) Police just not getting treated to the same standard.

@tazdevil335 made a good argument: "I cannot comment on police standards because I have not seen this happen, in my experience when police break the rules they tend to be semi-minor, (Not gathering enough evidence which leads to avoided raid, baton abuse, or aggressive behavior and abusing power) which are all very easily corrected mistakes that are made and police do get reported and dealt with appropriately, Some players have served longer blacklist to those who abuse those powers as police."

In terms of "Police just not getting treated to the same standard", I would point out that it all depends on the situation and cirumstances of what happened and why they are being reported. Players that role-play as Police do (should) get treated to the same standard, I personally do ensure that players that role-play as Police are held accountable for their actions and they should be able to justify their actions, in the same way to how all players should.

That is my perspective on that matter, but of course not everybody may share that same thought.

3) The quantity over quality attitude of recruiting new staff/mentors.

In regards to "The quantity over quality attitude of recruiting new staff/mentors", I would like to point out that we do ensure that applicants do qualify for staff/mentor positions. We give equal opportunities to everyone, but of course not everyone may qualify for staff, especially for mentor too. For staff applicants, they go through rigorous checks before reaching the interview stage - this is so that we can get a better understanding of who they are and if they qualify for staff, hence why you may see the message of "We are currently reviewing your activity and actions on the server. This process does take some time" (if you have ever applied for staff).

When new staff members are brought onto the team, they are trained and are given a mentor (to whoerver trained them, etc,.). Their mentor will monitor them throughout their time when they are on their trial-period, ensuring that they are doing their job properly, giving you and us the peace of mind of quaility assurance. If newly made staff members do not make it through their probationary period, then we do take it seriously and may consider ways on improving the recruitment process; you need to understand that not every person that applies for a staff position at Monolith Servers may have best intentions and interest (although this is not common) - there are a few bad apples out there (someone who creates problems or causes trouble for others specifically) but we do strive and try our best to have a friendly, professional, proficient, and helpful staff team.

Before I became a staff member, the Mentor role was one of the only ways that I could prove myself to being trustworthy, hardworking, worthy and noticed for consideration for any staff applications that I would make because of my previous player history. So, giving Mentor roles to those that may have a bad past but have shown improvement is key in our recruitment because it enables us to spot potenial staff members that do not not necessarily have the best player history.

If a Mentor or Staff member makes errors, we will help rectify those issues and addresss what they could had done better next time, if they were at fault. Nobody is perfect, we are only human. Mistakes do happen. As a professional community and business, I can assure you that quaility is in our best interest and we do expect all staff members and mentors to act in a professional manner.

4) General burnout.

I would like to address the issue of "general burnout". Yes, players can get burned out, as this is just part of being human. In general, doing things repetitively may be among some of the common factors to being burned out. As 2.0 is soon to be released in the future, we are always finding ways of keeping our players entertained and motivated to play on our server. I would like to point out that being "burnout" is very much common in general, as we encourage players to make suggestion on the forums if they feel something should be changed/added/removed to better improve their quaility of gameplay on our server for themselves and others.

I will not go into too much detail about "general burnout". But if there is something that we can do to better help ehance your experience on our server, then please do let us know.

5) Lack of new content.

In terms of "lack of new content", we are already undergoing development to adding new content and features to our game mode (the 2.0 update will be testimony to that). As mentioned previously, players can make suggestions on the forums regarding changes/content that they may feel will benefit themselves and others on our server. I am not in development, however, the team are always developing new features to improve and ehance the gameplay, with thanks to PMX, Mark, DevulTj and to the rest of the Development Team.

Final Note:

monolith2.PNGmonolith.PNG

At the time of making this response, our currecnt player count is at 81 players, just evidence to show that there is no serious decline of player count. In the past month, our server was ranked at 23rd, which out performs most Garry's Mod servers, but our lowest server rank in the past month was at 63rd. I do appreciate reading the feedback that players have given in this thread, but I personally do believe that there is no real serious decline of player count.

Kind regards,
Skojenmeister.

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Let me address your questions, from my perspective as a staff member:

First and foremost, we try our best to be fair and courteous to all players. Staff members may punish certain players based from their history - if they are a repeat offender and do not show any willingness to change, then harsher punishments will be given. Hence why newer players are treated differently, in regards to recieving punishments. We are trained to be unbiased and to have fair judgement in sits.

From a player's point of view, I can completely understand this, I was once a player. But when you spend enough time taking more than 1,500 sits, you will soon understand player history is a key factor in why harsher punishments are issued. Other factors to "staff being way too harsh with players" could also be their behaviour in a sit.

For example, you have a player in your sit that has broke FearRP. They use vulguar langauage against the staff player and to whomever reported them, this may in some way cause their punishment to be more greater than what it would intended to be, due to their carelessness & inability to listen. Now, imagine the same situaion but the reported player remains calm and shows good etiquette, this may have a better outcome in a sit.

There are lots of factors at play here. But I can assure you that our staff team will continue to show good etiquette, fair judgement, unbiased decision making and professionalism in terms of dealing with players in sits - yes, staff members may make mistakes at times, but we do our best to address those errors when needed if they get flagged to us.
This makes sense, again i think most punishments are valid and make sense, one of the biggest problems is when you hear different things from different staff, it feels like every staff member has a different view of rules, which is ofc expected but there is very little consistency, a year ago staff would all give similar/the same answers idk why this was. An example of this is when i did smth that got me a wp for ftvl by a staff member, the next day i spoke to a staff member below them, above them and at the same rank. All of them gave different answers to the staff member who gave me the wp for ftvl. If staff disagree on rules to the extent of one of em giving a wp and 1 saying they wouldn't then a lot of sits can be a 50/50 on what staff member you get. Idk how you would achieve the consistency that a year ago the staff team seemed to have but smth needs to be done to discuss different interpretations of rules.
@tazdevil335 made a good argument: "I cannot comment on police standards because I have not seen this happen, in my experience when police break the rules they tend to be semi-minor, (Not gathering enough evidence which leads to avoided raid, baton abuse, or aggressive behavior and abusing power) which are all very easily corrected mistakes that are made and police do get reported and dealt with appropriately, Some players have served longer blacklist to those who abuse those powers as police."

In terms of "Police just not getting treated to the same standard", I would point out that it all depends on the situation and cirumstances of what happened and why they are being reported. Players that role-play as Police do (should) get treated to the same standard, I personally do ensure that players that role-play as Police are held accountable for their actions and they should be able to justify their actions, in the same way to how all players should.

That is my perspective on that matter, but of course not everybody may share that same thought.
If you haven't seen it happen then i cant expect an opinion, my point of police not being treated to the same standard isn't about them not getting into sits more, its about the way police's rule breaks are viewed. If its a cop who false code red a vehicle and ended up killing 3 ppl, they usually get a verbal or a wp but if its a civilian who false KOS a vehicle and kills 3 ppl its treated as RDM x3, in both scenarios someone called a kill/shoot order out that was invalid which led to 3 ppl dying/being shot. It should be the same punishment, a big problem with false code red reports is since PD radio has so many ppl on it, if you don't know who called out the code red then they just get away with it without speaking up. I split my time pretty 50/50 between playing cop and civ, well i used to but police is unbearable right now imo. Due to the amount of cops who just get on to mess around and try to stack charges, basically just bitter cop mains, this cant really be helped.
In regards to "The quantity over quality attitude of recruiting new staff/mentors", I would like to point out that we do ensure that applicants do qualify for staff/mentor positions. We give equal opportunities to everyone, but of course not everyone may qualify for staff, especially for mentor too. For staff applicants, they go through rigorous checks before reaching the interview stage - this is so that we can get a better understanding of who they are and if they qualify for staff, hence why you may see the message of "We are currently reviewing your activity and actions on the server. This process does take some time" (if you have ever applied for staff).

When new staff members are brought onto the team, they are trained and are given a mentor (to whoerver trained them, etc,.). Their mentor will monitor them throughout their time when they are on their trial-period, ensuring that they are doing their job properly, giving you and us the peace of mind of quaility assurance. If newly made staff members do not make it through their probationary period, then we do take it seriously and may consider ways on improving the recruitment process; you need to understand that not every person that applies for a staff position at Monolith Servers may have best intentions and interest (although this is not common) - there are a few bad apples out there (someone who creates problems or causes trouble for others specifically) but we do strive and try our best to have a friendly, professional, proficient, and helpful staff team.

Before I became a staff member, the Mentor role was one of the only ways that I could prove myself to being trustworthy, hardworking, worthy and noticed for consideration for any staff applications that I would make because of my previous player history. So, giving Mentor roles to those that may have a bad past but have shown improvement is key in our recruitment because it enables us to spot potenial staff members that do not not necessarily have the best player history.

If a Mentor or Staff member makes errors, we will help rectify those issues and addresss what they could had done better next time, if they were at fault. Nobody is perfect, we are only human. Mistakes do happen. As a professional community and business, I can assure you that quaility is in our best interest and we do expect all staff members and mentors to act in a professional manner.
Im not saying all staff dont deserve their positions or all new staff are bad, but if you go back a year. It would take so much longer to achieve high staff team positions, the requirement on the server for applying to staff is 2 weeks of play time. This needs to be raised. Someone who have played on the server for 2 weeks shouldn't be given a position that has the amount of power over other players that a mod/t-mod has. A mentor position im fine with, tbh mentors seem a bit redundant now. A lot of help questions don't get answered or get answered with multiple conflicting answers. People should still be given mentor but mentors should have more abilities to do stuff, not anything regarding player punishment but like be able to show new players around with some sort of system or smth. People dont need a help chat with conflicting answers when they first join, they need someone to be able to explain using !guide how to get started, what to do and what not to do.
I would like to address the issue of "general burnout". Yes, players can get burned out, as this is just part of being human. In general, doing things repetitively may be among some of the common factors to being burned out. As 2.0 is soon to be released in the future, we are always finding ways of keeping our players entertained and motivated to play on our server. I would like to point out that being "burnout" is very much common in general, as we encourage players to make suggestion on the forums if they feel something should be changed/added/removed to better improve their quaility of gameplay on our server for themselves and others.

I will not go into too much detail about "general burnout". But if there is something that we can do to better help ehance your experience on our server, then please do let us know.
My general burnout point was more of just that is a reason for low pop, this cant be helped everyone will get burnout.
In terms of "lack of new content", we are already undergoing development to adding new content and features to our game mode (the 2.0 update will be testimony to that). As mentioned previously, players can make suggestions on the forums regarding changes/content that they may feel will benefit themselves and others on our server. I am not in development, however, the team are always developing new features to improve and ehance the gameplay, with thanks to PMX, Mark, DevulTj and to the rest of the Development Team.
Im excited for 2.0 and i think players are starting to come back due to its release being soon. Im hoping that 2.0 would be a small update and will provide changes that will make a big impact on the current playstyle, which it seems like it will. Last summer update was fun but wasn't enough and most the light changes were getting changed constantly which really impacted the fun since it was constant changes. I hope the map will be made more vibrant for summer.
Final Note:

View attachment 13191View attachment 13190

At the time of making this response, our currecnt player count is at 81 players, just evidence to show that there is no serious decline of player count. In the past month, our server was ranked at 23rd, which out performs most Garry's Mod servers, but our lowest server rank in the past month was at 63rd. I do appreciate reading the feedback that players have given in this thread, but I personally do believe that there is no real serious decline of player count.

Kind regards,
Skojenmeister.
The player count has started to come back up, when this thread was made it was really bad, 25 players for most of the day and like 45 at normal max time, it has climbed back up to its normal pop which is what was expected but saying there was no serious player count decline isn't true. Id say that now its fine but it was bad the beginning of the month. Anyway went past that now so id agree pop has went back up.

Thanks for the reply, i hope i explained by points a bit more.

British Beef

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Imo the majority of the staff team are fine and do their jobs well. A year ago i would have agreed with you about the "fear of retaliation" part, since back then there wasnt really discussions allowed. Tbh now tho i dont see that much anymore, not on a wide scale atleast.

Yeah u say a year ago but that's the entire point it couldn't matter how good the staff team are now the damage has been done already and people have already been put off playing monolith or even banned if anything a good way to boost the player count would be to have a day zero where all punishments/warnings and bans are reset excluding cheating related bans.

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Yeah u say a year ago but that's the entire point it couldn't matter how good the staff team are now the damage has been done already and people have already been put off playing monolith or even banned if anything a good way to boost the player count would be to have a day zero where all punishments/warnings and bans are reset excluding cheating related bans.
As good as this would be it wont happen, it should. Also i fully agree, dmg has already been done.

EmilyM

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Honestly I left because of the sheer amount of drama and crap I get for being the way I am. I’m constantly berated for being trans, and to be frank I’m tired of it. It’s simply not right, but yet it’s painful. I do plan on coming back for monophone but after that I don’t know. I may just quit mono. I already left the discord because I felt it took up space. But by any means the new update will bring back some old players. But uhm, take this as you will, there’s also way too many terrible roleplayers, rule breakers, and small children. Ntm one dude who took advantage of me, and well, I’ll just say he was a pedo. But yeah, that’s among the reasons I’m scared of coming back now. I’ve found new people and have taken up singleplayer things, and my 15th bday is on the 7th of August, so I would like to say that by that time if I’m not back don’t expect me to come back. And yes Tonny, the cp mask is still for sale.

Credence

Mentor
Mentor
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Honestly I left because of the sheer amount of drama and crap I get for being the way I am. I’m constantly berated for being trans, and to be frank I’m tired of it. It’s simply not right, but yet it’s painful. I do plan on coming back for monophone but after that I don’t know. I may just quit mono. I already left the discord because I felt it took up space. But by any means the new update will bring back some old players. But uhm, take this as you will, there’s also way too many terrible roleplayers, rule breakers, and small children. Ntm one dude who took advantage of me, and well, I’ll just say he was a pedo. But yeah, that’s among the reasons I’m scared of coming back now. I’ve found new people and have taken up singleplayer things, and my 15th bday is on the 7th of August, so I would like to say that by that time if I’m not back don’t expect me to come back. And yes Tonny, the cp mask is still for sale.
To be honest thats more of an internert problem than it is a mono problem. people on the internet will feed off your insecurities. every community is going to have racists/homophobes/transphobes etc cause thats how the internet is and always have been. it would be great for that to not be the case but its human nature to hate the different and the internet gives them the best pedestal to do it. as for the pedo stuff you need to go to police or your parents with that. never be ashamed to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tye

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Honestly I left because of the sheer amount of drama and crap I get for being the way I am. I’m constantly berated for being trans, and to be frank I’m tired of it. It’s simply not right, but yet it’s
That is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Please inform the staff team whenever you are being disrespected, etc, so that we can take action against it.

Broken

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Status
Not open for further replies.