Cloud5

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Just the story I whipped up for the event, you can consider it unofficial or official if you really want. I just wanted to write this up.

It is a relatively hectic day on Paralake, the city is bustling as usual and the populous is lively. Many exotic cars are zooming by the streets, and the citizens are off to work in there lucrative deeds either quite nefariously or obediently; its not all black and white however. Everything will change as a covert bank heist will change the landscape of Paralake.

Temporarily, the city of Paralake is dangerously out of order. The bank’s funds have been liquidated, and the reserve funds have been stolen by a local, infamous organization. As the Mayor is frantically working with his security team and the chief, the advisor steps in to inform the Mayor that there is no way to keep up the city and its inevitable to fall. The Chief can not provide for his force, the fire department and medical staff will no longer receive funding, and the Mayor will be left in the rut of the town picking up the pieces a town that will soon be forgotten. The advisor suggested that the Mayor should leave an announcement to play on the radio as a final white flag. The mayor solemnly agreed and nervously tapped on his desk signaling for a microphone. A brief while later, the mayor finally departs in his limousine, glancing at the town he once took pride in; shaming himself for being the ironic failed successor to the previous mayor.

A note from the Mayor of Paralake:
I would not believe that within my time and duty as mayor that I would ever have to make such an announcement, as with great grief it brings me to admit the struggles of Paralake. On this day of [REDACTED] the city of Paralake will cease all operations, the funding for public services and security will end and I encourage you all to begin to move to neighboring cities for the sake of providing for your families. As the soon to be resigned mayor of Paralake, I would like to thank you all for being a part of this once great city. I hope to build a plan for the migration of our citizens to an economically healthy city, this plan will be discussed within the coming days. As for the future, this city holds no more value to the people of Paralake. I urge for you all to not become nuisances, but arbors for the city as we begin to migrate.

Meanwhile, in the heart of Paralake. A large group of citizens storm into the Paralake Police Department and begin to thrash at the doors until they gave way. The equipment and guns could be easily seized, and the police department will be the beginning of the siege. The remaining law enforcement were overwhelmed by the nuisance that was the citizens, all hell broke loose as the detainees and prisoners were soon freed by vigilantes. In stark reality, the citizens have turned into assailants; plaguing the progress of Paralake itself…