Gentoromus

Mentor
Mentor

Years of Mono

LV

This one's a simple one. I hear about the tick rate of monolith a lot. Between that and the delay (which may be the Hz) we all know gunfights don't always go how we want them to. You shoot a guy in the head sith the m4 but you really didn't because for some reason that packet got lost on it's way over to the poor guy's skull. And then boom you're dead to a makrov after 3 shots. Now you're on a 5 min timer thinking about taking that 24hr ban. All this to say, does anyone actually know the tick rate on monolith? And will this be addressed in 2.0?

Al límite

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

What you gonna do it's gmod bro

Gentoromus

Mentor
Mentor

Years of Mono

LV

What you gonna do it's gmod bro
Many gmod servers have higher tick rates than monolith. Even servers with the same amount or more players. It seems like the amount if addons, the player count and weapon inconsistencies all come in to play.

D

Deleted member 12627

The tick rate was changed to 20+ one day and it was the best experience I had ever had. Sadly the server after 60+ people just could not handle it. I think the current rickrate is around 7-12. I am not a dev but if it was 20 for one day I can defo say its below 20 now. The issue is the engine for this game cannot handle a server running that many people running above 20+ tick. Sadly the engine is too old to have an option for a variable tickrate, or else I am sure they would have it so when 10-40 people were on it would be 20 then change to 7-10 depending on player count. Sadly this is a GMOD thing and you're only going to see high tickrates maybe when they make their move to S&ndbox.

TLDR; Gmod old and bad wait for S&ndbox for good tick