Phenix

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Type of feedback: Suggestion
Title: Government Structure Overhaul
Links, videos, context (we love more information, media, etc.): N/A

This is a suggestion for a total overhaul of all government jobs (and most jobs in general, but I will mostly be focusing on PD, EMS, and FD). Feel free to add your own feedback and job suggestions. This is supposed to be a thread to discuss an overhaul to jobs to help improve RP, so if you have a job idea or idea for government in general, use this thread or make your own. Also, thanks to @thekylevanhorn for helping with this suggestion.

City Jobs:

Mayor: (Keep the same)(rename the Secret Service since mayors don't use the SS, they just have a PD or external protection detail)
Mayor Protection Detail Manager: (renamed SS Chief)
Mayor Protection Detail: (renamed SS)
Mayor Protection Detail, or whatever you want to call it, just not Secret Service) is a group that protects the mayor and other high-level city figures. They can either be under the PD to prevent corruption or can be their own government branch (note: if they are under PD they are not cops, this is just to prevent corruption and the job being abused as it has been in the past).

911 Dispatch Operator: They manage 911 calls and help dispatch PD, EMS, or FD to their locations. They make sure that the government branches are organized and not a mess (for example if someone makes a 911 call about a mugging, they make sure that 20 different unorganized officers don't show up at once and instead maybe 1-3 organized officers deal with it). (Requires PD level 200+ maybe or could be WL only)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Police Department (Follow a more NYPD system since I am 90% sure Southside is in NY):

Commissioner: This is a VERY restrictive job that only goes to the top two people in the police department. To become a commissioner, you first must become a Chief and rise through the ranks of the police department to get this role. This job would basically only go to Austin Hunter and Trooper C. Winters (as I am writing this) as they are currently the only ones under the Police Command (https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/mpd-command-and-executive-staff.37048/).
Department Heads: A step above chief and bellow commissioner. This is just a rename for Supervisors.
Chief: Keep the same, you apply and have to be interviewed by the commissioners or department heads.
Internal Affairs: A whitelisted job that is allowed to arrest on-duty police officers. They deal with temporary/on-the-field punishment. They cannot blacklist from PD but they can demote officers and can arrest them. This is a strict and highly monitored whitelisted job to prevent abuse. (can also be a staff only job but that's kind of dumb imo)
Captain: keep the same (Maybe make WL only but less restrictive than Chief and you have to level up in PD ranks)
-----Patrol Officers-----
Lieutenant: keep the same (Maybe make WL only but less restrictive than CPT and Chief)
Sergeant: Merge Sergeant 1 and 2 into one (Corporal kind of also replaces Sergeant 1)
Corporal: Replace Officer 3 with this (name change only)
Patrol Officer: Replace Officer 2 with this (name change + remove primary weapons)
Probationary Police Officer: Replace Officer 1 with this (name change + remove vehicles)
Station Worker: Just a small 1-2 person job to watch PD jails, armory, evidence locker, etc.
Tow Truck Driver: (keep the same)
-----Detectives-----
Lead Detective: New rank, just a higher level detective who manages other on-duty detectives. Same rank as old SGT 2 or maybe LT but just for detectives.

Detective: Keep the same. Same rank as corporal.
-----S.W.A.T.-----
Commander (1): Stay the same but gets a department tablet for just SWAT and maybe LW only
Officer (5): Stay the same
Marksman (1): Sniper rename is all, maybe M14 as well as .50
Pointman (1): Gets shotguns, namely the KSG but any shotgun really.
Medic (1) [Maybe]: Gets SMGs, 2-3 CPR, 5-6 Medkits | Requires medical training (wl only)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Emergency Services:

Director of Fire Department and EMS: Make this job whitelist only but don't be as strict (make it like the old chief whitelist)
-----EMS-----
EMS Shift Manager: A new job that is like the captain of PD but for EMS (can manage EMS without the whitelist but has less power)
Paramedic: Keep the same
Emergency Medical Technician: A new intermediate rank for EMS
Medial Intern: Keep the same.
-----FD-----
Fire Department Chief: Keep the same. Under the Director of EMD and FD, similar to EMS shift manager
Firefighter: Keep the same

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

In Theory its a HUGE +Support

But this isnt going to get accept as MOST Of the jobs you listed wont have a use and SOME of them have already had suggestions and got denied so Good luck

Also Renaming jobs JUST for southside isnt needed as were not going to be on this map long enough to make it worth it

Phenix

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

In Theory its a HUGE +Support

But this isnt going to get accept as MOST Of the jobs you listed wont have a use and SOME of them have already had suggestions and got denied so Good luck

Also Renaming jobs JUST for southside isnt needed as were not going to be on this map long enough to make it worth it
I still think the PD names should be redone (OFC 1, 2, and 3 don't make much sense to me). Apparently, it's based on LAPD ranks, but I personally always saw Monoford as more of an east coast city, but I guess it's up to opinion.

Trooper C. Winters

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

City Jobs +Support
Emergency Services +Support
Police Department
-Support
Dispatcher -Support

Starting with City Jobs, I think this is a great suggestion. I always found it weird that the Mayor was protected by the United States Secret Service.

Secondly Emergency Services, we have already got a lot of suggestions that have been accepted for EMS/FD and while I think renaming the roles has been covered. I still support this setup. Though keep in-mind that the Fire Chief and EMS (Emergency Medical Service) are sort of under the same department*. (I am not going to into much detail as I am not qualified to)

Thirdly Dispatcher, now while I like the idea of a dispatcher. I just don't think it's something that's going to work on Monolith, not just from a development stand point as some stuff would need to be add to the Police Computer for this job to be useful. I just don't think the MPD has the manpower to dedicate a person to sit in the station and run dispatch.

And finely Police Department, I already love the way our rank structure is. And see no reason to change it. The one thing I would like to mention here is the Internal Affairs suggestion. While we haven't talk with Management or the Development team yet. We as the Police Supervisor team would like to see a role similar to this in the future. This role would be for the Police Supervisors and help them with enforcing police policy actively in-game.

Last edited:

thekylevanhorn

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

City Jobs +Support
Police Department
-Support
Dispatcher -Support

Starting with City Jobs, I think this is a great suggestion. I always found it weird that the Mayor was protected by the United States Secret Service.

Secondly Emergency Services, we have already got a lot of suggestions that have been accepted for EMS/FD and while I think renaming the roles has been covered. I still support this setup. Though keep in-mind that the Fire Chief and EMS are sort of under the same department*. (I am not going to into much detail on this as I feel don't have the experience to talk about this.)

Thirdly Dispatcher, now while I like the idea of a dispatcher. I just don't think it's something that's going to work on Monolith, not just from a development stand point as some stuff would need to be add to the Police Computer for this job to be useful. I just don't think the MPD has the manpower to dedicate a person to sit in the station and run dispatch.

And finely Police Department, I already love the way our rank structure is. And see no reason to change it. The one thing I would like to mention here is the Internal Affairs suggestion. While we haven't talk with Management or the Development team yet. We as the Police Supervisor team would like to see a role similar to this in the future. This role would be for the Police Supervisors and help them with enforcing police policy actively in-game.
EMS is actually Police, Fire, and Medical EMT and Paramedic are medical. Fire is well fire. I think Intern should be changed to EMT. Paramedics are in charge of the ambulance IRL so why not do that?

SammyZZ

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

City Jobs +Support
Police Department
-Support
Dispatcher -Support

Secondly Emergency Services, we have already got a lot of suggestions that have been accepted for EMS/FD and while I think renaming the roles has been covered. I still support this setup. Though keep in-mind that the Fire Chief and EMS (Emergency Medical Service) are sort of under the same department*. (I am not going to into much detail on this as I feel don't have the experience to talk about this.)

Whole-Heartedly agree with Trooper Winter's take on the suggestion. Police structure is fine as-is imo, enough jobs to have a sense of progression as you play, while also letting long-time PD players have benefits to playing long term, and also having Chief Whitelist as a goal to get to. Personally, I'd love to see some form of Internal Affairs in the Police (whitelisted, of course). A lot of times, I play PD with the idea that at any point, my actions on PD can be audited or as if they'd be presented in court; Sadly, most other PD players don't, and it starts to get annoying when you're just trying to ask someone a question and they end up shooting at you because a few minutes prior some other cop tried to hit them with their car. I understand not trusting the police, but when a lot of players actually aren't trustworthy it starts to get so much worse.

You should probably make that an independent suggestion, Trooper, I'd like to see it.

Also, as a side-note, in a large number of places in the US, the ambulances/EMTs and Paramedics are owned by a hospital, and not under the Fire Department. In these cases, the Fire Chief would be the highest entity in the chain of command, and would act as a scene supervisor and all that good stuff. I may be biased but I personally like this system better, a Fire Chief generally has the authority of a Law Enforcement Officer, while a hospital fleet manager just... well, coordinates a hospital's ambulances. Doesn't make much sense to have the Fire Chief under the command of a hospital, and not the other way around.