Apecengo

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

During the past days I've been suffering red lights pretty often at the intersection
At first I thought it was back luck. Then, it started to get suspicious.

It turns out the traffic lights are not time-dependent but rather change based on whether or not cars are waiting for them to change!
The highway has priority and will remain green by default. As soon as cars enter the "waiting" triggers, the cycle will start.
This means that you're pretty much guaranteed a red light when coming either fom PD or Hospital.

gNkVcPt.png

The triggers are shown in orange.

So, next time you're stuck at the intersection, move your car so it's inside the trigger. If still doesn't work, move it out, then back inside.

The other intersection next to the hardware store is, however, time-dependent.

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but still an interesting find!

Last edited:

frankybullcranky

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I actually did NOT know that, thanks Juan!

Brent Skeng

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Knew those pesky things had some dodgy meaning behind it.

Thanks bro.

Joe Harvest

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

During the past days I've been suffering red lights pretty often at the intersection
At first I thought it was back luck. Then, it started to get suspicious.

It turns out the traffic lights are not time-dependent but rather change based on whether or not cars are waiting for them to change!
The highway has priority and will remain green by default. As soon as cars enter the "waiting" triggers, the cycle will start.
This means that you're pretty much guaranteed a red light when coming either fom PD or Hospital.

gNkVcPt.png

The triggers are shown in orange.

So, next time you're stuck at the intersection, move your car so it's inside the trigger. If still doesn't work, move it out, then back inside.

The other intersection next to the hardware store is, however, time-dependent.

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but still an interesting find!

That is good to know, my dude! I will try to remember this for sure. If I may make a request, seeing that you are in some program to view that part of the map, could you take another screenshot with the textures? It's hard for me to tell where things are in that picture. I mean no offense, of course.

Apecengo

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

That is good to know, my dude! I will try to remember this for sure. If I may make a request, seeing that you are in some program to view that part of the map, could you take another screenshot with the textures? It's hard for me to tell where things are in that picture. I mean no offense, of course.

Sorry, can't take it with textures, but here's an annotated capture:

1mPOpok.png