mat_hdr_level 0
mat_queue_mode 2
mat_specular 1
r_queued_ropes 1
r_threaded_client_shadow_manager 1
r_threaded_particles 1
r_threaded_renderables 1
studio_queue_mode 1
// These commands increase FPS without changing how the games looks too much or at all.

fog_override 1
fog_enable 0
fog_enableskybox 0
r_3dsky 1
r_farz -1
r_screenfademaxsize 0
r_screenfademinsize 0
// These commands increase or clarify your render distance; should make it so you can see farther away. This could be good to reduce pop-in (objects visibly loading in) or to see things farther away in combat situations.

mat_fullbright 1
mat_shadowstate 0
r_shadowcolor 255 255 255
r_shadowmaxrendered 0
r_shadowrendertotexture 0
// These commands disable most shadows. This increases FPS and also makes it so you can see things clearer.

cl_playerspraydisable 0
r_spray_lifetime 9999
r_decals 9999
mp_decals 9999
// Enables sprays and keeps decals around for the max amount of time. Good for retaining blood decals that can be pertinent to certain rp situations.

r_rootlod 0
r_lod 0
// Sets model detail to high to stop cars from glitching out.

snd_legacy_surround 0
snd_surround_speakers 0 // 0 = headphones, 1 = speakers, 5 = surround sound
dsp_enhance_stereo 1 // 1 = headphones, 0 = speakers or surround sound
snd_disable_mixer_duck 0
snd_pitchquality 1
dsp_slow_cpu 1
snd_spatialize_roundrobin 0
snd_mixahead 0.1
snd_mix_async 1
snd_musicvolume 0
// Increases audio clarity and responsiveness; removes echo and reverb effects. Could increase FPS slightly. There are 2 settings that you can change the values depending on your speaker type. It's pre-setup for headphones.

hud_draw_fixed_reticle 1
crosshair 0
// Enables the hl2 crosshair and disables any others. Good commands to use with a custom crosshair. (https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=4000&searchtext=crosshair)

bind alt +walk
// Binds 'Walk (Move Slowly)' in keyboard settings to alt. This is needed to pick up certain items in RP with alt+e. It will bind it for new players, and ensure it doesn't get unbinded for returning players.

bind leftarrow +left
bind rightarrow +right
// Binds +left and +right to left and right arrow keys, this is good for watering in circles in accordance with the rules. Makes it so your character turns in place while holding these keys.

alias tristan_attack_on "+attack;alias tristan_attack_toggle tristan_attack_off"
alias tristan_attack_off "-attack;alias tristan_attack_toggle tristan_attack_on"
alias tristan_attack_toggle tristan_attack_on
bind uparrow tristan_attack_toggle
// Binds the up arrow key to run +attack when you press and release it. Press and release it again to run -attack. This is used for auto swinging and watering; don't go AFK while using this.

bind downarrow "say /dab"
// Dabs when you press down arrow if you're premium.

alias jpeg
// Disables camera swep from taking screenshots.

m_customaccel 0
m_rawinput 1
// Disables mouse acceleration.

sv_cheats 1
// Enables cheats for singleplayer.

menu_cleanupgmas
// Cleans up unused and unsubcribed from addons that are normally left behind. Could reduce crashes.

echo "Tristan's config loaded successfully! Now for some tidying up..."

// Changelog:
// v1.7 - Disabled cl_forcepreload. Added premium dab bind to down arrow.
// v1.6 - Added up arrow +attack toggle.
// v1.5 - Added +left and +right watering binds, moved some things around and added more information.
// v1.4 - Changed snd_mixahead back to default value to remove crackling.
// v1.3 - Added sound commands to increase overall sound quality and performance.
// v1.2 - Added alt walk bind for alt+e rp pickups.
// v1.1 - Corrected grammatical errors in comments.
// v1.0 - Initial release.

This is my personal autoexec config; just sharing here because it's stopped crashing and lag for everyone I've shared it privately with. You can add or remove any commands as you see fit. Check out this nice thread by @gm1003 for how to use this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Coffii

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Nice!

KbsmokeJDM

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

this is why mans is a SA

pea

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

works like a god, thank you

I am very smart (not)

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

helps my potato so much

Tristan

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Hey guys, glad you like the config. I've updated it 3 times now with some more commands that I researched and tested. You can check the changelog at the bottom of the config to see what they are. ;)

vice

Banned
Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

+20 fps

Bobby Kurosaki

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Should I do all of the commands even the sound ones ??

Tristan

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Should I do all of the commands even the sound ones ??
Each group of commands are labeled at the bottom after "//" with what they do. You can decide if you want them or not by just not including them, the sound ones will give you better sound clarity and a possible slight increase in FPS. Their default values are for a headset. You can change the values as described if you use speakers, or it probably doesn't really matter to you if you switch between the 2 often.

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

godly config, helps out a lot

Bobby Kurosaki

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

it does help out AN EXTREME AMOUNT like 30+ frames

Stiizyy

Mentor
Mentor
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Yikes I don't like the sound please put command where audio goes default.

Tristan

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Yikes I don't like the sound please put command where audio goes default.

Just delete the group of commands from the config and switch back to your old sound settings in GMod's audio settings. The default is: sound quality - high, speaker configuration - 2 speakers, I believe.

Most of the commands already are defaults for headphone configuration, the ones that aren't just remove echo. Unless you were used to a non-standard sound setup before then it shouldn't sound worse. You'll have to find what those were yourself.

You could also change the sound command values to speakers (gmod default), or surround as I specified in the config here:
Code:
snd_surround_speakers 0 // 0 = headphones 1 = speakers 5 = surround sound (virtual or real)
dsp_enhance_stereo 1 // "1" for headphones, "0" for speakers or surround sound

Last edited:

Will.

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

This gave me a massive, constant fps boost. I did have to take out some things that were meant for higher end pc's , so thanks a ton for commenting your exec. You're the bro for this one.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

Everything in this config that grants you a significant FPS boost is
gmod_mcore_test 1

It enables multicore rendering instead of singlecore. Everything else can and will cause your game to crash at some point during gameplay. We will not grant support over issues caused by using this "config".

Last edited:

Bobby Kurosaki

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

I haven't crashed using these commands so

Tristan

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Some more information will be released soon in an update regarding what commands should be used to avoid crashes, however my config is still working fine for myself and most other people. Additionally, these to-be-announced commands have always been set correctly in my config including the ones suggested in red text when you join the server.

I don't encourage you to use this, I'm just sharing it here for people to try or do what they want with it; I update it for what works best for me (hence the name). If your game crashes after you try it, just delete it or try your own settings. If anyone has any trouble with my config please comment here or PM me on Discord and I will try my best to help you.

Tristan

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I updated the config to version 1.7 and disabled a command that could have been causing crashes for certain people. Try it out if you used an old version that crashed you and let me know how it works. Thanks :)

Will.

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I updated the config to version 1.7 and disabled a command that could have been causing crashes for certain people. Try it out if you used an old version that crashed you and let me know how it works. Thanks :)
Hey bro would you mind letting me know what command it was? I've been working on my autoconfig while using yours as a base so I don't know the easiest way to cross-reference what changed between ours LOL