Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Squidman

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I joined the server once for a few minutes, just made my character and then restarted my game. I've been trying to rejoin for like 2 hours but can't get on. I've tried deleting all my addons, downloading the content from workshop, verifying game cahce, and reconnecting about 20 times. Once it gets to resource/fonts/ugficons.ttf it freezes up, the game goes non-responsive and even after 5+ minutes its still not responding with no progress. does anyone know how to fix, i seen a lot of other users that had this issue with no fix.

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

You just have to wait, it could even take up to 20 mins if your machine struggles with heavily modded gmod servers like monolith

Jake Ortiz

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

If waiting it out does not work try this, It works for me:

1. Right click on Garry's Mod and hit Properties

2. Go to Betas on the far top right.

3. Click the box that says "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" then pick "chromium -"

4. Your game will still stop when loading on that file (resource/fonts/ugficons.ttf ) but if you give it like three(3) to five(5) minutes it should work.

Disclaimer - Upon popular beliefs about using a beta version, when you are running a beta version of Garry's Mod it does not make my game and should not make your game get any lower frames per second(FPS) In addition to that you should not experience random crashes at any time as I have not crashed once using this beta version.

Glad I Could Help!

samtreecare

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Just wait. You need to be patient, I get stuck on this for up to 3 minutes at times.

Hope this helps.

- Sam

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Beta versions make lots of people crash and there’s no way a beta would fix any error. It’s just a script that’s making you crash so you gotta keep trying.
If you only play on monolith like many others, unsubscribe from unneeded addons.

RX55927R11DEZ

Mentor
Mentor

Years of Mono

LV

I have always had this problem since 2017, I just Alt+Tab out of my game and watch some youtube videos then it loads in.

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Does this problem still occur?

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

WIth no update and a very old OP, this will be marked as "solved"/archived.
Thread locked and moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.