Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Roast Beef

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Type of feedback: Suggestion
Title: VDM Rule Change
Links, videos, context (we love more information, media, etc.): Change the following rule:

"Vehicle Deathmatch is not allowed without a proper reason. You may use your vehicle as a weapon if you or a befriended life is in immediate danger."
to
"Vehicle Deathmatch is not allowed without a proper reason. You may use your vehicle as a weapon if your life is in immediate danger."

Being able to VDM someone who poses no threat to you ruins gunfights, I believe this will make it better for all parties.

tweety

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I say just remove the rule in total, I think it's stupid how sometimes we have to do things "realistically" during gunfights, shootouts, arrests, etc.

In what world is it realistic of the chief of police to VDM someone in a gun fight, it's just irritating when you're in a gun fight with cops because they just fly down the street and VDM you.

Then when Informals and Lucheese fight all they do is run people over and finish them on the ground. There is no countering a vehicle running down the road 100 miles an hour at you in a PD shootout or not.

Jimmy Jimson

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

VDMing during combat situations very enjoyable and funny. Big risk and big reward!

SammyZZ

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

In what world is it realistic of the chief of police to VDM someone in a gun fight, it's just irritating when you're in a gun fight with cops because they just fly down the street and VDM you.

I'm late. I know I'm late. But I feel this is a funny and appropriate response.

ma_bordo45

Monolith Pleb
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

-support cringe

fedayeenwinners

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

-support it's a not so good idea, its your fault for being unaware for vehicles while in a road

fedayeenwinners

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I'm late. I know I'm late. But I feel this is a funny and appropriate response.
unrealistic, he did not threaten to call a staff member

BigPapaMilk

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

-support all together

From a player's POV, if your org/freq/party member is in danger, I would like to be able to hit them with a vehicle, it is in the defense of another life whom you've befriended in some way. I get it can be frustrating as the attacking player, but you decided to engage in a hostile situation, if you get hit by my BRZ going 110 mph, that's on you at that point

I say just remove the rule in total, I think it's stupid how sometimes we have to do things "realistically" during gunfights, shootouts, arrests, etc.

As for this, -support also
Uh no, sometimes that could simply be the only option. Player would be sitting there like well shit I don't have a gun, guess he'll just die :shrug:
Again, I get the frustration but at the same time, as the instigator, you're liable to get hit by a car if you're shooting someone's "befriended life". That's kind of just how it is. It's one of the many risks involved in initiating a hostile situation.

Lt.Wilson

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

-support all together

From a player's POV, if your org/freq/party member is in danger, I would like to be able to hit them with a vehicle, it is in the defense of another life whom you've befriended in some way. I get it can be frustrating as the attacking player, but you decided to engage in a hostile situation, if you get hit by my BRZ going 110 mph, that's on you at that point

As for this, -support also
Uh no, sometimes that could simply be the only option. Player would be sitting there like well shit I don't have a gun, guess he'll just die :shrug:
Again, I get the frustration but at the same time, as the instigator, you're liable to get hit by a car if you're shooting someone's "befriended life". That's kind of just how it is. It's one of the many risks involved in initiating a hostile situation.
The server is completely chaotic and unrealistic, someone gets run over every few minutes for a BS reason. I wonder why staff don't see the bigger issue here. The server used to be great back when we had 80+ people on. The thing that kept players coming was good RP. The amount of PVP and violence nowadays is really unappealing and has left me and others to not return to Monolith.

Phenix

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

The server is completely chaotic and unrealistic, someone gets run over every few minutes for a BS reason. I wonder why staff don't see the bigger issue here. The server used to be great back when we had 80+ people on. The thing that kept players coming was good RP. The amount of PVP and violence nowadays is really unappealing and has left me and others to not return to Monolith.
Welcome to GMOD

-support you should be allowed to run someone over if the situation calls for it. I don't think it should be what you resort to, but it should be allowed.

shain

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Denied, per reaction from the community, we think its best to keep it where its at atm.

Reactions: DK.
Status
Not open for further replies.