INFO What is your opinion on Monolith right now?

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
  • Are you interested in helping and being engaged in the community further? Apply for a Staff Position!

A Sack O' Salt

Media Creator
Media Creator
Dec 10, 2017
Great server, really enjoying my time here. If I could improve on 1 thing, it would be to make the age requirement for mentor and staff higher. I think 14 is a little bit too young to be entering positions like this. While some of the younger admins do a really great job (most of them do to be honest), I have seen some instances where a critical lack of decision making skills was displayed through immaturity and carelessness. I think bumping that up to 16 or 18 would potentially benefit the server in many ways.

*Edit : Also, I think this may have been suggested before, but adding a whitelist to PD positions could also be beneficial. I know the level requirement is supposed to serve this purpose, but grinding to the required level takes minimal time and effort. I think a whitelist system could solidify the RP experience between PD and criminals.
PD whitelist will never happen.
There is no staff member that is crippled by their age.

mellowed.

Monolith Rookie
Jun 3, 2019
PD whitelist will never happen.
There is no staff member that is crippled by their age.
Im fully aware the PD whitelist idea has it's fair share of cons.
And I guess I didn't correctly communicate my sentiment towards the age requirement thing. While there may not be any staff members currently "crippled by their age" as you put it, I feel like at 14 years old, a player could more easily be influenced and dragged around than an adult. You fully have the right to disagree, I know this is going to be a controversial subject.

A Sack O' Salt

Media Creator
Media Creator
Dec 10, 2017
Im fully aware the PD whitelist idea has it's fair share of cons.
And I guess I didn't correctly communicate my sentiment towards the age requirement thing. While there may not be any staff members currently "crippled by their age" as you put it, I feel like at 14 years old, a player could more easily be influenced and dragged around than an adult. You fully have the right to disagree, I know this is going to be a controversial subject.
It’s never been a problem before, and age doesn’t show maturity or mental capacity, so I don’t see the issue.

Reactions: StewartJames

Will.

Monolith Rookie
Jul 10, 2019
Currently addicted.. hoping it stays that way. Getting hard to balance all this skilling and spending time with the gf though :eek:

Reactions: KingKap

Yveltal

Monolith Newcomer
Apr 20, 2019
I honestly like how it is right now, i dont have any critique about the server and i think it is going the right way

Reactions: PMX

Scofield

Suspended
Suspended
Banned
Jun 15, 2019
Massachusetts, United States of America
I much much much prefer paralake map, the pd, locations and monorail are heavily improved since trunorth. However, the number of players have dropped since the old truenorth map, so I think that there should be more jobs available to beginners to encourage them to keep playing on the server

Reactions: StewartJames

gm1003 ツ

MRP Senior Administrator
MRP Senior Administrator
Forum Moderator
Marketing Team
Police Training
Jul 7, 2018
Houston, TX
the number of players have dropped since the old truenorth map
A big part of that is people having issues with textures, lots of new players can't seem to fix it by themselves and don't know how to ask for help

Also school, but the the switch to paralake did impact our pop count as well. I personally prefer paralake compared to truenorth (it's too big for me) but not as much as I love rockford

Reactions: Brents and PMX

Brents

Monolith Senior
Apr 1, 2018
United Kingdom
I have noticed a lot of new players joining the server, many i was able to help settle in, but some unforunately didn't feel comfortable here.

Upon first join there used to be a checklist of things to do to get started back when i first joined on rockford, unsure if it's still a thing but would be nice for that to return and also a checklist for someone to read the rules as i've also noticed a lot of people even older players unaware of many rules even general ones.

I hope there is more understanding given to new players, im aware of mentors and im hoping to become one as all i do most of the time while on is helping new players.

JucaMais

Monolith Pleb
May 1, 2019
Brazil
www.youtube.com
1.It would be awesome if there was an option to give the mayor empeachment through a general vote of all the players on the server. In order to prevent few and a minority from deciding, it could place a limit on election participants based on how many players are currently online to validate the empeachment vote.
2.Also, to avoid random empeachment polls you could create a rule defining in what kind of situation an impeachment lool could be applied. example of situations:
*Non-sensee rules (ex:Outlawing/banning soy products)
*Setting 30% taxes for more than 20-30min
*Hard repression against protesters
and etc.
The reason for this suggestion is because it often happens that a mayor begins to do absurd things that are not against the rules and neither makes him corrupt nor has his popularity fall below 30% and so he stays in the presidential chair forever.

once in Truenorth there was a mayor who spent 4 hours with taxes at 20% and who protested against him was arrested for a long time, his popularity was over 90% and all the police were on his side, the mayor did not listened the requests from the citizens, and after i asked the presents admins if I could in this situation of near dictatorship kill the mayor, they denied. It was really very uncomfortable for those who played at a time that was not related to the government. Don't get it wrong, I understand that none of this has escaped RP or broken the rule, but I believe that just to counterbalance and put more responsibility on the mayors an opportunity for empeachment could be put into the game.

Reactions: Brents

A Sack O' Salt

Media Creator
Media Creator
Dec 10, 2017
that's what I meant, driving with 250 ping isnt nice :( I'm in the same country as gurra
I get 200 ping and I live in Pennsylvania.

JucaMais

Monolith Pleb
May 1, 2019
Brazil
www.youtube.com
#1 Gunplay is more rewarding than roleplay.
#2 You have everyone just selling shit at the town hall, which takes away from someone buying a shop to sell their goods. If you did a system where the shop keeper had to be within a certain radius of his items or they are able to be stolen then people wouldn't do that.
Disagreed, now i cant mine and craft stuff while my cakes on the marketing tablet deployed rightly and not blocking players movement are being sold for itself in front of townhall, i freaking hate this new dumb market sistem

SKuLLzSKiLLz

Monolith Grinder
Dec 27, 2018
1.It would be awesome if there was an option to give the mayor empeachment through a general vote of all the players on the server. In order to prevent few and a minority from deciding, it could place a limit on election participants based on how many players are currently online to validate the empeachment vote.
Police can already execute the mayor if being corrupt and people can assassinate him if his rating does below 30% which is caused by taxes being high for long periods of time, wasting budget on failing missions.

JucaMais

Monolith Pleb
May 1, 2019
Brazil
www.youtube.com
Police can already execute the mayor if being corrupt and people can assassinate him if his rating does below 30% which is caused by taxes being high for long periods of time, wasting budget on failing missions.
dude, It seems that you do not understand my point, what I meant is that even with this mechanic the mayor can still commit various abuses without being corrupt, but being unethical, especially against the citizens in general, without losing popularity which leaves him covered by the rule and no one can kill him as in the situation I described above you seem to have misunderstood.
The major point here is that the mayor rating mechanic shouldn't be the only way to prevent the mayor from doing shit

Reactions: sirTony440

SKuLLzSKiLLz

Monolith Grinder
Dec 27, 2018
I think resources should be dedicated to making a better system for managing abusive cops as there is already a way around this.

Brents

Monolith Senior
Apr 1, 2018
United Kingdom
I think resources should be dedicated to making a better system for managing abusive cops as there is already a way around this.
The cops are becoming a big joke, your a long term player and i think i trust your input. Whats your ideas?

BillRyeTheJewishGuy

Monolith Pleb
Jun 30, 2017
Connecticut, United States of America
Main thing killing the server population is the map and is the grind end result fun? Half the older players like me have grinded to the end and can do pretty much anything and either raid or just rob bank for shits n giggles, which can get old very quickly which makes people leave. Now lets get to problem #2 with the server It feels like a soulless irl $ grinder then a community, Let me give you a example. Admins refuse to make a whitelist system for cops why is that? They say its because they want everybody and anybody to be able to become a cop but the reality is that it feels like its so people who pay premium can have other funzie jobs and encourage people to pay month to month for premium. sure the oddball event here and there is nice but its not going to carry the pop. back up. As for what I personally would like to see, legal ways to make money within a house you own and not just be a glorified drug den.

Brents

Monolith Senior
Apr 1, 2018
United Kingdom
Main thing killing the server population is the map and is the grind end result fun? Half the older players like me have grinded to the end and can do pretty much anything and either raid or just rob bank for shits n giggles, which can get old very quickly which makes people leave. Now lets get to problem #2 with the server It feels like a soulless irl $ grinder then a community, Let me give you a example. Admins refuse to make a whitelist system for cops why is that? They say its because they want everybody and anybody to be able to become a cop but the reality is that it feels like its so people who pay premium can have other funzie jobs and encourage people to pay month to month for premium. sure the oddball event here and there is nice but its not going to carry the pop. back up. As for what I personally would like to see, legal ways to make money within a house you own and not just be a glorified drug den.
I totally agree, also money making shouldn't always be involving drugs, you should be able to make a lot of money from setting up shop legally with a successful business, yes sure you can do that anyways but there's just not enough in the game to include legal and tradesmen type of roleplay.

I'm aware skilling etc is also a way to make money, but i feel like it's becoming too much of a cops vs robbers.

I have no set ideas, but i'm more on the legal side of stuff and would like to see more of it.

JucaMais

Monolith Pleb
May 1, 2019
Brazil
www.youtube.com
I totally agree, also money making shouldn't always be involving drugs, you should be able to make a lot of money from setting up shop legally with a successful business, yes sure you can do that anyways but there's just not enough in the game to include legal and tradesmen type of roleplay.

I'm aware skilling etc is also a way to make money, but i feel like it's becoming too much of a cops vs robbers.

I have no set ideas, but i'm more on the legal side of stuff and would like to see more of it.
U are right, but I can say that if you selling the right things in front of you can make more money than selling cocaine

Reactions: SpriteVz

Alistair Jack

Monolith Pleb
Jul 5, 2019
More ways to make quick money e.g money printers it’s literally impossible to start up on the server now since all the rich players have nothing better to do than raid you
I know we did vote for the map to get changed but not many people like it and players are dropping like mad call it what you want but I know a decent amount of people quit because of the map including my whole ex org

Reactions: SpriteVz