Do you find it fun when playing as a fire fighter?

Lt.Wilson

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

For as long as ive been playing on this server I've always heard the same complaints about fire department.

1. Give the firefighters basic medkits. Let people run to the fire station and ask for basic medical help. If more treatment is needed, at least the FF can stabilize/CPR the patient and call an ambulance. In the US firemen are EMT and Paramedic trained, they must know how to give basic first aid, especially when a victim could have inhaled alot of smoke.

2. Fires. Fire missions are the only real source of action for fire department players. When a citizen throws a molotov in town hall the fire will depspawn within seconds, meanwhile it takes 20-30 seconds to respond from the fire station.

Look on Hellzone PERP, it was the OG perp server of early gmod and is sadly devoid of players. Im not shouting out a dead community but Im highlighting the fire system they use. In hellzone fires are dynamic and actually affect the RP scene. Monolith sets their fire missions in the middle of nowhere so FF players have little ability to RP. Go back to hellzone and you see fires that will spread to other buildings, spread to trees, and actually create interesting RP. The fires would spread so much that an entire field would be on fire for hours because nobody hopped on firefighter. If you had a fire next to your shop, you called 911 immediately because within minutes your entire shop and inventory of merchandise could be in flames. Police would block off roads, Paramedics would park near the fire to heal any new players who jumped into the blazing inferno. The system they used cause NO LAG whatsoever.

Literal skyscrapers would catch on fire. We would need to assemble several players and take two fire engines to the front door of a skyscraper. We'd have to carry fire hoses all the way up the stairs, or carry fire extinguishers and take turns fighting the fire while others got more foam from the ground floor. Included with the fire was a smoke script that would damage any non FF players if they got too close to the fire.

3. Fire Engine is way too fast, handles horribly, maybe we need new vehicles. Sometimes a troll will hop on FF and use the OP fire engine to ram and destroy other cars. Also we need new siren sounds because the "MECH" siren is the most annoying thing ever. Some servers have really cool fire engines and custom realistic sirens. Monolith makes a ton of money so I dont think its rude to ask for more content.

I think we can have some more passive RP, we need more businesses, less frag rp, and we need the Fire Fighter job to actually contribute to the RP quality.

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

For as long as ive been playing on this server I've always heard the same complaints about fire department.

1. Give the firefighters basic medkits. Let people run to the fire station and ask for basic medical help. If more treatment is needed, at least the FF can stabilize/CPR the patient and call an ambulance. In the US firemen are EMT and Paramedic trained, they must know how to give basic first aid, especially when a victim could have inhaled alot of smoke.

2. Fires. Fire missions are the only real source of action for fire department players. When a citizen throws a molotov in town hall the fire will depspawn within seconds, meanwhile it takes 20-30 seconds to respond from the fire station.

Look on Hellzone PERP, it was the OG perp server of early gmod and is sadly devoid of players. Im not shouting out a dead community but Im highlighting the fire system they use. In hellzone fires are dynamic and actually affect the RP scene. Monolith sets their fire missions in the middle of nowhere so FF players have little ability to RP. Go back to hellzone and you see fires that will spread to other buildings, spread to trees, and actually create interesting RP. The fires would spread so much that an entire field would be on fire for hours because nobody hopped on firefighter. If you had a fire next to your shop, you called 911 immediately because within minutes your entire shop and inventory of merchandise could be in flames. Police would block off roads, Paramedics would park near the fire to heal any new players who jumped into the blazing inferno. The system they used cause NO LAG whatsoever.

Literal skyscrapers would catch on fire. We would need to assemble several players and take two fire engines to the front door of a skyscraper. We'd have to carry fire hoses all the way up the stairs, or carry fire extinguishers and take turns fighting the fire while others got more foam from the ground floor. Included with the fire was a smoke script that would damage any non FF players if they got too close to the fire.

3. Fire Engine is way too fast, handles horribly, maybe we need new vehicles. Sometimes a troll will hop on FF and use the OP fire engine to ram and destroy other cars. Also we need new siren sounds because the "MECH" siren is the most annoying thing ever. Some servers have really cool fire engines and custom realistic sirens. Monolith makes a ton of money so I dont think its rude to ask for more content.

I think we can have some more passive RP, we need more businesses, less frag rp, and we need the Fire Fighter job to actually contribute to the RP quality.
I personally agree with every change here I do think that FD needs Medkits I do think that FD need more missions or fires to take out and I do think that the car needs a change and if it did Happen i would play FD a lot more often

Jordan Vercetti

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

yessss great idea! more lag and big fires! lets gooooo

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

yessss great idea! more lag and big fires! lets gooooo
I mean they did reduce the graphics of the fire so it doesn’t cause so much lag and if it’s a big deal they will reduce it further

Stix

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I personally agree with every change here I do think that FD needs Medkits I do think that FD need more missions or fires to take out and I do think that the car needs a change and if it did Happen i would play FD a lot more often
Great Ideas! Check out some of mine!
Great Ideas! Check out some of mine! https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/fire-department-expansion-ideas.36481/

Stix

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Great Ideas!! Check out some of mine! https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/fire-department-expansion-ideas.36481/

Lambsauce

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Monolith makes a ton of money so I dont think its rude to ask for more content.
This shouldn't be a key issue,

The developer(s) of Monolith come and go as I've seen through the years. Rako did a lot to shed light back on the fire department a few years ago on Paralake, even updating it to include some of the features it boasts now. Jobs other than the Police Department do deserve more love, quite frankly, they all need a good touch-up over the years. Developers have their own set agendas, none of what I'm saying is set in stone, and whichever developer comes across this feel free to correct me. This is only what I speculate from seeing over the years.