MRP Whitelisted Server Suggestion

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hector Cooper III

Dec 14, 2016
Michigan
Description of suggestion: Whitelisted Server 2
Reason why it should be added
: I think a whitelisted version of this gamemode could have great capabilities within roleplay experience. If you have seen other gamemodes like "SantosRP(no longer exists)" or Arma III life roleplay, those were whitelisted and they required you to be at least 16 and have common roleplay sense in order to play. I think with a map like monoford, and the current gamemode you guys have, you can provide an experience to those interested in serious RP that has never been seen before on any garry's mod server.

The whitelisted server would have an application team that reviews applications, does interviews, and accepts new players. Rule enforcement would be much more strict, and the gamemode may have to be slightly altered in order to meet the serious RP criteria. The whole framework of gameplay could be improved, a whitelisted police department and EMS, real player ran businesses.

I know this is a stretch given where you guys are now, and it may seem like you could lose a lot of people from the main server, but there is a whole community of people that chose not to play monolith because it isn't fully serious and you could bring that community over -- where those interested in a less serious experience would play on server 1.

Related content: (Include Steam Workshop links or other relevant content needed)

(I'm actually in this video LOL i'm officer hector phillips)

Valentino Meid

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Event Team
Jun 10, 2017
The Netherlands
steamcommunity.com
I already suggested something like this https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/second-server-which-is-wiped-and-fully-whitelisted-poll.19501/ and in my opinion it might still be a good idea for the future however at least for now monolith just doesn't want to move in this direction and thats fine in my opinion. Maybe one day though.

Here's gurrazors reply though if you're too lazy to click on the link:

It's not going to happen because it's not feasible for a number of reasons. Some applicable for communities in general, some applicable for the specific context that our community is in. Successful servers stay successful because players can conveniently access them directly through the server list. A whitelisted server can only be sustained through "hype" from YouTube videos and streams, and every community eventually loses that hype, at least for extended periods. Then they die. E.g. SantosRP, MazeRP.. Even something as likely as periods of server crashes (CrashRP) will totally kill off any hype which in turn will then kill off your whitelisted server.

Creating a second whitelisted server would split our playerbase up and undermine the success of both servers. Success is, as I hope all of you understand, critical for a community since it's what keeps the community alive over the long run, sustains extensive development and gives communities the benefit of focusing on future objectives instead of just worrying about getting enough players to survive.

With that said I'm locking this thread. I don't mind the discussion, but this is a topic we've considered carefully ever since we launched Monolith, and the final result is that it's been completely ruled out. Since it's not going to change, this discussion is not going to be constructive or of any value for anyone. If you really feel the need to play on a whitelisted server, I have all respect for that you may search for such a server somewhere else, but I highly doubt that it will thrive or even stay alive for an extended period of time. And upon that server's end, all players will be disappointed and let down - ultimately because their leadership gave in on a rather reckless, poorly considered and naive concept. There are many benefits of a whitelisted server that are tempting to consider alone, without the repercussions of a whitelisted server, but we can't fool ourselves just because we desire the benefits to a great extent. The repercussions are still there and would be devastating in the long run.

Hector Cooper III

Dec 14, 2016
Michigan
I already suggested something like this https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/second-server-which-is-wiped-and-fully-whitelisted-poll.19501/ and in my opinion it might still be a good idea for the future however at least for now monolith just doesn't want to move in this direction and thats fine in my opinion. Maybe one day though.

Here's gurrazors reply though if you're too lazy to click on the link:

It's not going to happen because it's not feasible for a number of reasons. Some applicable for communities in general, some applicable for the specific context that our community is in. Successful servers stay successful because players can conveniently access them directly through the server list. A whitelisted server can only be sustained through "hype" from YouTube videos and streams, and every community eventually loses that hype, at least for extended periods. Then they die. E.g. SantosRP, MazeRP.. Even something as likely as periods of server crashes (CrashRP) will totally kill off any hype which in turn will then kill off your whitelisted server.

Creating a second whitelisted server would split our playerbase up and undermine the success of both servers. Success is, as I hope all of you understand, critical for a community since it's what keeps the community alive over the long run, sustains extensive development and gives communities the benefit of focusing on future objectives instead of just worrying about getting enough players to survive.

With that said I'm locking this thread. I don't mind the discussion, but this is a topic we've considered carefully ever since we launched Monolith, and the final result is that it's been completely ruled out. Since it's not going to change, this discussion is not going to be constructive or of any value for anyone. If you really feel the need to play on a whitelisted server, I have all respect for that you may search for such a server somewhere else, but I highly doubt that it will thrive or even stay alive for an extended period of time. And upon that server's end, all players will be disappointed and let down - ultimately because their leadership gave in on a rather reckless, poorly considered and naive concept. There are many benefits of a whitelisted server that are tempting to consider alone, without the repercussions of a whitelisted server, but we can't fool ourselves just because we desire the benefits to a great extent. The repercussions are still there and would be devastating in the long run.
Well, after reading his response it makes a lot of sense now why this hasn't happened yet. From what he said, I get an impression that he's mainly looked through this potential in the lens of fear, rather than a perspective of positive outcome (which is necessary for success in the first place). And I think he's making the negative possibilities seem way bigger than they actually would be.

Stuvi

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Dec 10, 2016
Germany
Whitelist topic was answered multiple times already. Locked and moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.