Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Doom Guy
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:534029976
Your Character Name: Tyler Gard

Which Staff issued the Warning Point: Klaus

Reason for the warning point(s): RDM
Why should the point(s) be removed: well the situation was that someone did the jewelry thing where you would hit the case then leave then come back when no alarm would go off so after that around 10 mins i pull back around infront of jewelry and i see a car infront a guy infront and 1 guy inside i heard a gun cock as this guy runs up to me so i shoot him after the entire thing i got brought to a sit and told that it was RDM i gave back the guys gun and his kev he said it happens and said that it was Probably the guys inside the jewelry store you heard

and then i got warned which i find REALLY invaild as it was i heard a gun getting pulled out then someone runs up to me as its happening and i dont think i should get warned for something that was a misunderstanding and it was something in the heat of the moment im not gonna wait to get shot before i start shooting

Edit: i Do believe that from a civilian stand point this would be RDM BUT from a cop perspective responding to a Robbery i dont believe this is RDM :)

Time of Occurrence: like 8:30 PM PST
Additional members involved/witnessing: ?
Read, understood and followed warning point appeal rules?: yes

Last edited:

shain

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Who gave you the warning point?

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Klaus

Administrator
Administrator
Recruitment Team
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello Doom,

As a cop you should be aware of your surroundings because you never know what's going to happen. The player who ran up to you had no weapon in his hand and was a random civilian telling you that the jewelry store was being robbed; you should always be ready for situations like these. As you know, the jewelry store is in a public area where civilians like to pass by, by foot or even with their car; which is why it is important to always be ready. In the future, please refrain from using lethal force on a civilian who was not a threat to you; I understand it was the heat in the moment, but as a cop you need to be ready for these things.

Kind Regards,
Klaus

Last edited:

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello Doom,

As a cop you should be aware of your surroundings because you never know what's going to happen. The player who ran up to you had no weapon in his hand and was a random civilian telling you that the jewelry store was being robbed; you should always be ready for situations like these. As you know, the jewelry store is in a public area where civilians like to pass by, by foot or even with their car; which is why it is important to always be ready. In the future, please refrain from using lethal force on a civilian who was not a threat to you; I understand it was the heat in the moment, but as a cop you need to be ready for these things.

Kind Regards,
Klaus
Yes i do understand that i shouldnt have shot him but usually Running up to a cop during a exploited jewelry robbery is the WORST thing to do i already knew there was a jewelry robbery thats why i hopped out of my car so him running up to me, Me hearing a gun cock, and being that there is a jewelry robbery i shot him and even though he didnt have a gun OUT and ready to shoot me it would still give me enough to shoot him Based on a worry for MY life and the 2 other civs nearby

shain

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello,

After further review,

The warning point given by @Klaus will remain. It is understandable that you may have panicked in this situation, but as an officer you may not in any circumstances shoot an unarmed civilian - Even when you're in an active situation. A better alternative in this situation would have been to arrest or detain the suspect for being in an active scene. I now hope you understand this situation a little bit better, and can move forward from our mistakes.

Appeal Denied.

Regards,
Shain

Status
Not open for further replies.