Jet

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
Media Team
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

In this guide, I'll explain how to do two different things, changing your game artwork & auto-connecting into Monolith without need of a shortcut or application.

How to change the artwork on Steam.
This should work for pretty work for all your games so if you wanna change artwork on a different game, you can, here I'll show you how to do that with Garry's Mod, if you don't already.

Step 1. Open your Steam application open, then select Garry's Mod.
SteamA.PNG

Step 2. Right click the Garry's Mod background, and select 'Set Custom Background'.
SteamB-RC-BG.PNG

Step 3. Select the artwork you wanna use, you can see the Sizes I used for them here.
SteamC.PNG

Step 4. To change the logo, just follow Step 2. except select 'Set Custom Logo'.
SteamB-RC-LOGO.PNG

Step 5. that's it! now you should have something that'll look like this, with whatever artwork you've used.
SteamD.PNG

How to automatically connect to Monolith.
This is pretty simple to, this will involve the Autoexec.cfg file, if you already have one then insert this at the very bottom of your autoexec file, if not, then go-to your Garry's Mod directory.
'...\Steam Powered Games\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg' and create a new file called Autoexec.cfg if it doesn't already exist, then open it and place this code into the autoexec.cfg file.

Code:
//AutoConnect
connect 208.103.169.58:27015

Now, every-time you load Garry's Mod, you'll automatically connect to Monolith, no short-cut required, to stop automatically connect, just comment the line with // or remove it from the autoexec.

reqord

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Rondell always hitting us with fire creations, how about some custom monolith artwork though for the launcher?