Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Just to be clear here, I'm asking the people who were playing police at the time why they followed you guys to the second location.

Ephalos

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Can anyone vouch for any previous incidents to show any form of trend?

For the sake of not leaving it to accusations I did see at the very least some corruption (both in the appeal and the failure to follow traffic laws as a government employee). Third person abuse is a thing but I don't think I saw any third person usage in combat though I did only skim some parts.
I'm pretty much brand new to the server, so many people don't know me, however I don't approach anyone negatively or with bad intentions, yet the only ones who seem to come up to me just being toxic, going out of their way almost to just flame us, is MonoLyft so far. Now as JoshJOkayGuy said, it is just GMod and toxicity is obviously part of the game, but it doesn't feel like roleplay at all, a respected gang of people going around shouting at people "lucheesey on bottom!" "blue cheese gang!". Honestly I'm not experienced enough to know if it's org/player targeting, but it sure feels like it. Not to mention, two days ago, they swapped from civi's to raid us at Sutherland Mansion, then swapped to cops to raid us 30 minutes later, all the same guys. Refund requests can prove the second raid was deemed false. No bad blood towards anyone in particular on my side, just feel like this from an org/roleplay POV.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Sorry I have been busy as of late so I couldn't check this for a moment: Final call-what was the reasoning for the police to follow the group to the second location @Green Gatorade Water Bottle @Mak @TheLoser27 (possibly more? I can't recall any other cops rn)

Mak

Top Fragger 2023
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I don't think the people that followed them was MonoLyft, if I remember correctly it was the Ass. Chief that called out that we should follow them. But eitherways there was a dead person on your property so we had every right to investigate what was happening.

bueberries

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

It should also be noted that SWAT was present at the apartments prior to ANYTHING even going down which is present in my first video.

TheLoser27

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Sorry I have been busy as of late so I couldn't check this for a moment: Final call-what was the reasoning for the police to follow the group to the second location @Green Gatorade Water Bottle @Mak @TheLoser27 (possibly more? I can't recall any other cops rn)
The captain told the PD to follow them, I don't know why but he did, I left just after he was talking about it so I don't know anything that happened after penthouse for the most part.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Alright. I think I've gotten a fair amount of context around the situation. I will leave the report open for another ~24 hours if anyone would like to add any disputes or last minute additions, after which I will attempt to reach a conclusion.

Al límite

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I Was on cop at the time , Not quite sure what occured to have the whole pd pull up but after seeing a increasing amount of people at the penthouse I was on detective and decided to investagate with the chief while he asked for them to politly move thier vechiles. I think there was some reason non that I can remember off the top of my head but we had reason to blieve there was drug activity / Illegal items inside the porperty as any police department would do once they moved as seen in the video Glendal calls my name asking to go investagate the property I blieve at that time I had been quitting but still they wanted a investagation any good pd would follow someone they blieve to be in possision of illegal items for investagation purposes, I don't even think penthouse ended up getting raided if I'm correct. Nor did southerlin estate. So from what I can read is that they're reporting for False Arrest , Improper Raid , Player Targetting , And some sorts of fail rp. I was not apart of the arrest due to investagation penthouse So I cannot speak upon that part , To my knowledge no raid was conducted nor is there evedence of a invalid raid in this report. Player Targetting , I can say having the whole pd pull up may be overwhelming I blieve there was good cause and should not have them blamed for it becuase It was a radio transmition that had them arive at the scene. They had reason to blieve something was going on with the people inside penthouse so with all rights they followed and asked for investagation to be opened on their new property. As for failrp it's up to you there is quite a lot of random radio chatter and some stuff I blieve could have not been said but at the same time it's a video game you can't controll everything that occurs.

bueberries

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

So let me get this straight... If there are a lot of people in an apartment you can accuse them of making drugs and then bring SWAT in preparation to raid...

It should also be noted there were NO drugs being made. Video evidence can be provided if necessary to prove this point.

Last edited:

Al límite

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

So let me get this straight... If there a lot of people in an apartment you can accuse them of making drugs and then bring SWAT in preparation to raid...
You're skimming my statement from what I said there was probable cause to follow you and investagate the property , As I said in my statement which you clearly skimmed I stated a callout was made on the police department radio which had swat respond I blieve it was a callout that would have had a raid occur but was called false and the raid did not happen which was lucky for you. As you stated people take damage from your property it's metagame to know it's drugs but damage is probably cause to blieve that something illegal is happening inside due to it physicaly harming someone outside of the property , Unforutunitly probable cause is not enough to raid so a investagation was conducted and your moved which had police attempt to investagate the new property with the information of possible illegal activity occuring inside the property. The amount of people had nothing to do with wether a raid would occur or not , There was mutiple reasons for there to be suspision of illegal ****** ACTIVITY Dosent have to be drugs could be anything . Acussing someone of making drugs is not a crime , Nor is it fail rp if you have reason that someone is making drugs you can accuse all you want though you still require valid evedence to raid which was why as stated I investagated the property. Swat only appeared over a false callout they shortly left after it was called code 4

Mak

Top Fragger 2023
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

So let me get this straight... If there are a lot of people in an apartment you can accuse them of making drugs and then bring SWAT in preparation to raid...

It should also be noted there were NO drugs being made. Video evidence can be provided if necessary to prove this point.
There was a dead body on your property.

bueberries

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Yes. No one knew about that until you guys decided to march your way in for "drugs".

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Quick question-ive seen a dead body brought up once or twice. Where actually was it?

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Regardless, I'm locking this until I can reach a conclusion. If anyone has any final additions or questions DM either here on the forums or discord

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

This is going to be quite a wrap up.

[1.13] You may not grief, troll, harass or do other things with the intention of annoying other players.

[1.3] Do not take matters into your own hands. The staff is here for a reason. Their decisions are final. Do not disrespect or test their patience. Take it to the appropriate forum board if required.
[5.1.1] You must abide by traffic laws regardless of your position. During emergency situations you may bypass traffic laws when required only when utilizing either emergency lighting or sirens. You must still drive in a safe manner.
[5.1.4] You may not abuse your job by misusing your powers or farm XP.
[5.1.7] Corruption is allowed with permission from a Senior Administrator or above. The permissions are automatically void when the authorizing staff member leaves the server.
[2.2.15] The Third-Person view may not be used before and during combat. This includes switching back and forth from your equipped weapons to perform this action.

So, lets get to the breakdown I suppose. As far as I can tell, the police force was comprised of three main groups here. There was Monolyft, Raiders, and a few unaffiliated cops (of note, the chief was raiders, and the assistant chief was unaffiliated). The chief (and consequentially, Raiders as a whole), has been permanently banned from the server, so theres relatively little to unpack from him outside of context.

From there, we move onto the situations. There are two main events worth investigating. The event at penthouse and the follow up event at Lola's. Despite initial accusations- I can find no proof that either of these were actually raids.

For Penthouse- We have a few incidents of notes. Firstly, the tickets. I've yet to see any evidence that any of the given tickets were actually false (as there definitely were some illegally parked vehicles). As for actually coming up to the building-If the police found a dead body in the lobby of the building, they are more than within their rights to at least check out what's going on in the apartments, even if they can't enter for it. The false arrest was handled in game, and as such I won't go over it in too much detail. Its a bit unclear who actually did this arrest but regardless, it was handled and is not enough evidence on its own. Finally-The code red. All we really have to off of is the car aggressively driving away. Its possible it was a false code red and its possible it was a legitimate one- I don't really have much to go on here.

Next up, we have the situation at the mansion. From what I've been told by multiple sources, it was the unaffiliated assistant chief's call to follow to the mansions. Given that the dead body was supposedly a detective, I don't think a general investigation and attempted sting operation is inherently uncalled for. Its unclear how many members of Monolyft even went to that situation (as the only context I have for that situation is a bit of police comms post arrival).

There are accusations that similar incidents having occurred, but the closest I got to any evidence of which was a refund request that as far as the handling staff member can remember was not Monolyft.

On the contrary side we have Johnny who has shared a video of himself abusing third person to scout a potential fight, as well as hopping onto police lieutenant with the explicit intent of automatically accepting his friends tickets (as well as following approximately 0 traffic laws). I cannot in good faith let this much slide, and as such, @Johnny Roast Beef will be receiving a Verbal Warning for the third person abuse and a 3 Day Police Blacklist (and police supervision review) for the officer based offenses.

As for the original intent of the report - At this time I cannot comfortably say that this incident alone was a matter of player targeting and not just a chaotic situation. I've been given no solid info on any other incidents at this time and thus I cannot determine if this was a trend or just an occurrence. With that said, I'm also not explicitly denying the report either. For now, it will simply be used as additional evidence for any future report. Should more questionable incidents occur, I simply ask that whenever and wherever you make the report, you bring up this player report as part of the report.

If I've missed anything, or if you would like to discuss any part of this verdict, please let me know through private messages here or on discord.

Player Report Logged,
Locked and Moved

Status
Not open for further replies.