- Dec 1, 2016
Last Updated: 25.10.2019
Table of Content
 General Rules
 Roleplay Rules
 Chat & Voice Rules
 Criminal Rules
 Governmental Rules
- RP - Roleplay - To act and speaks as if you are the character you are portraying. It means to keep your speech in the context of the setting in which your character exists. Context can be defined as both time and place.
- IC - In-Character - This refers to anything that relates to what and how your character feels and acts. This does not represent what you believe personally.
- OOC - Out-Of-Character - This refers to representing yourself and your own personal opinions and feelings. This may not interfere with IC roleplay.
- NLR - New-Life-Rule - Your portrayed character can not remember any of the events leading up to, and including, his death.
- Metagaming - Taking OOC to IC or vice-versa. Example: Bob would be walking down the street as he’d see a citizen who is an undercover cop. However, he uses the scoreboard to know he’s an undercover cop and avoids him based on using information not known to the character.
- Meta-Baiting - Using OOC to lure someone IC or vice versa. Example: Bob would say in the OOC chat “Free money at the alleyway!” which two people would walk into and Bob mugging them.
- Powergaming - Forcing your actions upon someone else without any chance for them to resist it at all, causing you to have an unfair advantage. This can range from a deputy holding you down without counter to a criminal dragging you somewhere. Example: Brad grabs Bob and presses him on the ground; he can't move or do anything as he’d ignore the attempts of Bob resisting.
- FearRP - The act of roleplaying fear as your character. This means that your character’s life is in danger and have to respond properly towards it.
- Mingebag - A 10+ year-old term derived from a movie based on Garry’s Mod servers, that refers to a dumb player who intends to cause chaos.
- RDM - Random Deathmatch - The process of killing people without valid In-Character reasons.
- RDA - Random Arrest - The process of arresting people without valid In-Character reasons.
- VDM - Vehicle Deathmatch - The process of killing people without valid In-Character reasons - just with a vehicle.
- Fail Driving - The process of having no regard to any roleplay when in a vehicle, be it slamming into most if not all objects purposely. Failure to comply with this will result in punishments of FailRP. This is different from in-character reckless driving which is not prohibited by our rules.
- FailRP - Actions performed by your character that are not realistic and do not correlate with the setting of the server and your roleplay role.
- FTVL - Failure To Value Life - The act of not valuing the life of your character, such as running into active shootouts.
- ERP - Erotic Roleplay - Any role-playing activity performed mostly, or exclusively, for the purpose of sexual behavior.
- Voiding - Ignoring a specific event and the effects it has made on the roleplay - Mainly executed/called by staff members.
- Stalling - The act of not following orders (for example: whilst under gunpoint) awaiting a friend or someone else to take action.
- Raid - The act of breaking into or illegally entering a property with the intent to rob, kill, or commit any kind of criminal action to its residents, or to any items inside of the property.
- Mugging/Robbery - The act of stealing someone's personal belongings in a public place.
- Government Job - Refers to any member of the Police Department, Sheriff's Department, Fire Department, Medical Services, Mayoral Services, Taxi Service, Delivery Service and Tow Truck Service.
- Admin Sit - Administrative Situation - The process of being brought into a private area, such as a roof, by a staff member to OOC’ly talk about (a) past situation(s) you have been reported for or partook in.
- Cop Baiting - The act of excessively provoking Law Enforcement for the sole purpose of having them chase you or incite some other reaction from them for your own mere enjoyment.
 General Rules
- Your expected behaviour is not limited to the rules below. Use common sense: When in doubt if something you are doing might be against the rules, it could very well be. If you have any doubt, contact a staff member.
- This community has respect as a core value; therefore we ask that you treat everybody with respect and give them a chance to experience the community. Treat those the way you would want to be treated.
- Do not take matters into your own hands. The staff is here for a reason. Their decisions are final. Do not disrespect or test their patience. Take it to the appropriate forum board if required.
- Slander will not be tolerated within this community; the only place where accusations can be made against other members of the community is within the report forums and when speaking to an appropriate member of staff. When making an accusation against a member of staff, a higher ranking staff member should be spoken to - that is, if you don't want to submit a staff report in the appropriate forum.
- We do not tolerate any malicious or illegal activity on our services. This includes, but is not limited to threatening to Dox or DDoS anyone within the community, to hack a players account, scam someone of something that has real monetary value, spreading of malware, releasing IP addresses, home addresses, phone numbers, names, pictures or email usernames. Criminal activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities if deemed necessary.
- We do not tolerate derogatory slurs towards any group of people, such as racism, homophobia etc., within the community - especially Out-Of-Character. Your in-game character may be offensive to a certain degree HOWEVER, once players feel uncomfortable you have to stop immediately. Be observant and considerate. Things like the N-word and other ethnic slurs are never acceptable - neither Out-Of-Character nor In-Character.
- Any form of hacking, abusing or exploiting to gain an advantage over other players is not allowed. Report accidental exploiting to the respective staff members immediately and refrain from using and sharing those.
- Community Management reserve the right to instate cheating infractions based on suspicious activity.
- You may not talk about anything sexual in any realm of the game. Roleplay involving any type of sexual intercourse is strictly forbidden. Rape role-play will be punished severely.
- You may not spam in any way and form. This includes, but is not limited to, in-game chat, voice chat and in-game commands.
- Advertising products or servers not directly affiliated to Monolith Servers is not permitted in any form.
- Commercial use of virtual assets in-game is reserved to Monolith Servers alone. You may therefore not trade in-game money for actual real money or vice versa. The one allowed exception is trading a purchase of Premium Membership for in-game value. We do however not recommend such a trade since there is a risk that you may get scammed. We do not assume any responsibility for such a trade with another player.
- The usage of any kind of anti-AFK script or external game modification software is not tolerated. Using some form of AI to perform farming, mining, etc. is not allowed. The only exception we allow is the usage of the +attack command as long as you're immediately able to respond to ingame actions. This does not include +right or +left. If you do not respond to a staff members attempts to get your attention, you are liable for breaching this rule.
- You may not grief, troll, harass or do other things with the intention of annoying other players.
- Do not bother staff members regarding ban appeals, refund requests, etc. Doing so may result in the ban appeal, refund request, etc. being denied.
- You must report a rule-breach when it happens/when a role-play situation is over with. While you await a staff member, do not stall the situation as a staff member will intervene as they see fit.
- Do not backseat moderate. If someone is metagaming in OOC, let online staff take care of it; we don't need 15 different people pointing it out every time.
- Private messages (!pm) are OOC and may not be used for any kind of IC communication. In return, iMessage may not be used for OOC communication.
- Any use of external or internal changes to the game to gain a crosshair in-game that isn't made by us, will result in an exploiting/cheating infraction.
 Roleplay Rules[2.1] General
- You must act realistically at all times. You may not run around not roleplaying at all. This includes, but is not limited to, running around on the main roads, jumping on and hitting vehicles.
- You must have a proper character name. Any troll and celebrity names are not allowed.
- You may not return to the area you died at for a timespan of 10 minutes (NLR).
- You may not return to the area you died at if the situation is still ongoing.
- You are required to leave the area you died at immediately if you happen to respawn there.
- You may not kill someone for killing you in your previous life.
- You may not suicide or ‘AFK’ to avoid a roleplay situation.
- You may not suicide unless the opposing party agrees.
- You may not destroy someone's property without a valid roleplay reason.
- You may not grab someone's belongings and hide them or throw them into an area where they can't retrieve it.
- You may only use adverts to advertise your business or similar. Think of the advertisements like an advert within the newspapers - keep it realistic. It is not required to advertise a raid, robbery or something similar to these.
- You may not disconnect to avoid a role-play situation. You must contact ingame staff and be granted permission incase you want to leave during an active role-play situation.
- You may not deposit stolen money, items, or weapons to your bank account or stashes immediately after a robbery, raid, or simple theft, nor may you deposit a weapon immediately after drawing it or last using it. In all cases, you must wait 10 minutes before doing so.
- You are allowed to boost one player at a time to enter an already accessible area.
- You may boost players while standing on a vehicle or a non-frozen prop. Stacking props or placing additional props on vehicles is not allowed.
- You may not boost into an area that would not be accessible by any other means than boosting. Law Enforcement is allowed to climb onto roofs, with the appropriate permission, only to gather evidence of neighbouring illegal activities.
- You may use boosts to hop fences.
- You may use boosts to shoot at other players.
- A physgun may not be utilised as a pointer or laser to attract people's attention or similar. Using it in this manner can result in a blacklist from using it at all.
- In-character scamming other players of in-game items are limited to either 20.000 dollars in cash OR three firearms of any kind. You may only scam someone for EITHER the money or firearms, not both. Scamming regarding membership to organizations is not allowed under any circumstances.
- You may not kill or knock out players without a valid In-Character reason.
- You may not kill a player for simply insulting you. Threaten them with a firearm and alternatively shoot them to injure them first. If they persist after this, you are free to kill them.
- Vehicle Deathmatch is not allowed without a proper reason. You may use your vehicle as a weapon if you or a befriended life is in immediate danger.
- Attacking to kill should be carried out sensibly and not as a first resort, unless you have a good reason for immediate lethal action.
- Reasons for killing another player last until your character dies (NLR), you become aware that the other party has died (NLR), or until one hour has passed since the cause of the reason occurred.
- Surrendered parties (in a Raid, Mugging, Kidnapping and/or Robbery) may not be killed unless they are actively resisting, not valuing their life, threatening to kill or snitch on you, yelling for help or the Law Enforcement fail to fulfill requested demands.
- During a PvP situation, such as muggings and raids etc, you may not kill surrendered parties simply for speaking a few words, unless they are actively yelling for help, trying to attract attention, insulting or threatening you (refer to rules 2.2.2 and 2.2.4).
- You may not kill a Law Enforcement Officer unless you have a valid roleplay reason to do so. These could include, but is not limited to, visibly carrying illegal weapons or visibly performing an illegal activity. These reasons depend on the context. If police are attempting to initiate an arrest on you while you are carrying hidden illegal items in your inventory, that is a valid reason to kill them.
- You may not harm a Law Enforcement Officer for writing you, your friends or crew members a ticket. In addition, you may not harm a Law Enforcement Officer for previously arresting you and/or confiscating items from your inventory.
- You may not harm a Tow Truck Driver for towing or impounding you, your friends or crew member's vehicle. In addition, you may not harm a Tow Truck Driver for previously towing or impounding you, your friends or crew member's vehicle.
- You made not hide from an opposing party in your garage if they are actively chasing or looking for you.
- Law Enforcement may only be harmed if they are a direct threat to you. Passing by officers and deputies, such as those obeying NLR, may not be harmed unless they initiate on you.
- You may not loot a corpse during a gunfight if you are not directly involved in that situation.
- Law Enforcement Officers are eligible to confiscate illegal belongings of these corpses.
- You are required to give the opposing party a reasonable time-period to respond and act upon your commands in situations where the rules allow various outcomes based on how the opposing party reacts. You need to make sure the opposing party heard you. Keep the voice-chat delay in mind.
- The Third-Person view may not be used before and during combat. This includes switching back and forth from your equipped weapons to perform this action.
- You may not force mechanics to repair a vehicle at gunpoint, unless they are charging you more than 500$ or you are in an urgent situation that warrants it.
- Metagaming is not allowed. Any kind of information you gain via OOC may not be used IC. Any IC information may not be provided in OOC.
- This excludes helping out new players in OOC asking specific questions for their start.
- Knowledge you gain from the Realtor NPC is OOC information.
- Meta-baiting is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, using OOC to lure someone to a certain location.
- Powergaming, forcing your actions upon someone else without any chance for them to resist it, is not allowed.
- You must correctly follow FearRP when a situation calls for it, such as when you are being held at gunpoint. Roleplay should reflect on how you would approach a similar situation in real-life.
- You may not draw or equip your weapon while under FearRP by at least two or more civilians. FearRP applies when you are exposed to at least two or more held (actively held, not in holster/on back) weapons, whereof at least one is directly pointed at you / off safety.
- FearRP does not apply when you are put at gunpoint, or in striking distance of a melee weapon by less than two civilians. If there are less than two civilians you may try to run or fight back. If you have your weapon out (on safety or off safety), you are always allowed to attack players who aim straight at you - independent of how many they are.
- You can only be put under FearRP by individuals within your close vicinity (Voice Range).
- When any Law Enforcement Officers have you at gunpoint, FearRP applies at all times. This however excludes Detectives.
- FearRP only applies for vehicles if the driver is placed at gunpoint by the driver-side window. Any other instance does not constitute FearRP for the driver, and the driver and the vehicles passengers may flee.
- When under FearRP you must obey orders given to you as long as they are within server rules.
- You may not use one-sided see-through props for defensive measures.
- You must support your props accordingly and not go against the law of physics.
- You may only build props on your own property.
- You may not use props to get from your property to another property/otherwise unreachable area.
- You must not disrupt/direct player movement in a building. Do not build a 'maze' like defence.
- You may not block off any entrances/exits to your building. All entrances need to be accessible at all times.
- You may not build unfair defences. Both parties (attacking and defending) need to be able to look each other into the eyes. Unfair defences include defences where the attacking party is unable to shoot the defending party without crouching, but the defending party being able to shoot them right away.
- You must abide by realistic roleplay measures. If something you are doing is illogical in a real life situation, then you can’t do it on the server.
- You may not continuously spam “E” on a door to prevent someone from breaking in.
- You may not steal items from other players without performing a /me. Instantly stealing money that another player dropped in a transaction is forbidden. Instead do a /me of stealing it and give the player(s) time to react. Lootbags are exempt from this rule.
- You may not jump into a vehicle while handcuffed unless another person in or around said vehicle does a /me of opening the door for you. This rule does not apply for being forced into a police car by a Law Enforcement Officer.
- You may not produce any type of drug inside government/un-owned buildings, near NPC's, or in public areas.
- You may not cop bait - the act of excessively provoking Law Enforcement for the sole purpose of having them chase you or incite some other reaction from them for your own mere enjoyment.
 Chat & Voice Rules
- You may not use voice chat for OOC communication if it in any way impedes or disturbs ongoing roleplay.
- Do not break character, stay in character at all times unless you are in an administrative situation.
- Do not complain about players in OOC chat, report them to the administration with as much information as possible using the !report command.
- You are not allowed to play music through voice chat or use a voice changer.
- Under ordinary circumstances, you must speak English as your main method of communication. However, on private property you may speak a language which you prefer.
- When playing on the server, our Discord is the only allowed third-party program for communication - crews get their own channel only accessible to their members. It is prohibited to use the discord for IC communication, eg: sharing locations, agreeing on meetings, trades etc.
 Criminal Rules
Criminal rules are not limited to illegal activities, this is merely a term.
Criminal rules are not limited to illegal activities, this is merely a term.
[4.1] Mugging, Kidnapping and Robbing
- You must wait out a 35-minute delay to do another mugging after your previous attempt that was either successful or unsuccessful. Any person in your party partaking in the mugging are also affected by this cooldown.
- You cannot force somebody to withdraw money from their bank account and give it to you.
- You may only take illegal items from a player’s inventory. Weapons, regardless of legality, are able to be obtained. No more than $8,000 in cash can be mugged from another player in any robbery. As the victim you have to drop all your money up to $8,000 maximum if you are in a situation that does not go against FearRP.
- You may not kill somebody for not giving out your requested amount of money if he does not have enough on him.
- You may not mug or kidnap in crowded places or near any NPCs, criminal or regular - you must do it in less populated and less exposed areas. This may not be in front of an NPC and/or governmental buildings such as the Police Department, Sheriff's Department, Hospital, Fire Department, City Hall, and the Bank.
- You can however kill and harm someone near and at all these locations, granted that you have a reason from earlier. If a player is farming, crafting, metalworking, brewing, or cooking next to an NPC, this rule is voided and they are susceptible to criminal roleplay. Taking hostages while raiding the Police Department, Sheriff's Department, Penitentiary or Bank also creates an exemption to this rule.
- You may only kidnap people once every hour. After the kidnapping has ended, this cooldown is in place. You may not kidnap additional people from other locations or people not involved in the initial kidnapping. You may only do this after the initial kidnapping has ended and the cooldown has run out. If there are people running around, you may not randomly take them in, as this is considered to be a second kidnapping. This rule applies regardless of the success of the kidnapping.
- You may not kidnap someone for longer than 20 minutes. You have to release and let the hostage go once that time has passed. A staff member may shorten or lengthen a kidnapping. Any hostage-taking situations that are being confronted by police, are exempt from this rule.
- You may not ask for more than 3,500$ for each hostage during a hostage situation.
- Hostages can not be from your own team, group or crew.
- Hostages may not be awarded any money from the situation they were taken hostage at.
- If you are caught by police, and or arrested, any money that you gained from the hostage situation, MUST be returned on request of the deputies.
- In order to be considered a hostage, the player has to be restrained/zip-tied during the hostage-situation. Otherwise they can be seen as a hostile threat, and dealt with as the opposition sees fit, while respecting other applicable rules.
- Hostage situations may not take place in spawn areas, such as the casino, hospital and church.
- You may not rob the bank with more than 6 people in total; at any given time - regardless if they are outside or inside the building. This excludes hostages.
- Active participants need to stay within property bounds of the property that's being robbed and may engage in combat.
- Passive participants (such as informants) may stay outside the property that's being robbed but may not engage in combat.
- Both, active and passive participants, count to the maximum amount of robbers.
- You may take a maximum of 4 hostages for a bank robbery. Regular hostage-situations aren’t affected by this limit.
- You may rob someone of three items that are for sale, e.g. guns in a gun shop. Law Enforcement Officers may confiscate illegal weapons that are for sale.
- You may not rob someone for the keys to their vehicle or property. You may however force them to unlock their vehicle or property at gunpoint.
- You may only perform one raid (against players, the Bank, Town Hall, Police Department, the Sheriff's Department or the Penitentiary) per hour. This counts for both successful and unsuccessful raids. Survivors of a raid may ignore the “raid cool-down” if they decide to raid the Police Department, Sheriff's Department or the Penitentiary to free crew members or retrieve lost gear.
- You may not participate in a criminal raid if you are a government employee.
- You are required to leave the area you raid after you remove, destroy, or steal anything of value. You may not stick around.
- If the mayor's approval rating is below 30%, or you have a proper In-Character reason, players can attempt a coup. Any corruption made by the mayor (note that this corruption must be certain and not a suspicion) creates a valid reason to assassinate them.
- You may not lock your doors right after they were lock-picked by criminals or forced open by the law enforcement. Accept the fact that the locks of your doors are temporarily broken.
- Players can only raid Town Hall to kill the Mayor, if the Mayor has a 30% or lower approval rating, or is being corrupt. Once the Mayor is assassinated, they must flee. They may not stick around.
- During a police raid, only the current occupants of the base are allowed to defend the base. This is to prevent random civilians with no affiliations to shoot at the police for fun. To be clear: If you are not in the base at the start of the police raid, you can not actively intervene at all.
- Killing during raids should be carried out sensibly. If there is a legitimate threat on the property of which you are raiding, it is reasonable to enter with the intent to kill. For example, if anyone at the targeted property has a weapon equipped, the base as a whole constitutes a legitimate threat and you may kill everyone that has not visibly surrendered inside it.
- If you are killed during a raid or attack, you must abide by NLR and have no knowledge of the attack. You can not get called back as “backup” or “reinforcement”. Additionally, you can not raid the Police Department, Penitentiary or Sheriff's Department to retrieve your lost gear.
- Prop placement during a raid or gunfight is strictly forbidden. Law Enforcement is exempt from this rule as long as it’s done to set a perimeter.
- Counter raids can only be performed on player owned buildings. You may not counter raid a government building or a player owned building which is currently being raided by police at the time. Law Enforcement is exempt from this entire rule.
- During a police raid, the defending party of a raid is required to stay within their property limits unless their intention is to flee and hide from law enforcement.
- The Third-Person view inside vehicles may not be utilized to gain an unfair advantage over other players. Gathering information about defense setup and people’s position is prohibited.
- Crew names must be reasonable and can't suggest or contain any racial, sensitive topics or profound words. Examples such as "Isis", "Meme Lords", "Nazi" are unacceptable.
- You may not kill other players just because you are in a crew. Being in a crew does not give you a valid roleplay reason to kill.
- You may not declare war over ridiculous situations such as a car accident. War is declared when both sides engage in an actual feud regarding drugs, weapons or territory.
- During a war between two opposing crews, both sides must still abide by ordinary roleplay roles such as RDM as war is not a reason to kill.
 Governmental Rules[5.1] General
- You must abide by traffic laws regardless of your position. During emergency situations you may bypass traffic laws when required only when utilizing either emergency lighting or sirens. You must still drive in a safe manner.
- You may not partake in any illegal activity. Detectives are exempt from this rule.
- You may not participate in the running or owning of a business establishment such as a shop, while on duty.
- You may not abuse your job by misusing your powers or farm XP.
- You may not go AFK while on duty/in-service without contacting a staff member beforehand.
- You may not perform random searches unless you have reasonable suspicions or concrete evidence of crimes being committed. Law Enforcement may search a player in custody for their safety, or if it is required to establish the identification of a player in custody. Furthermore, relevant authorities may search players in special zones, such as inside the PD or Mayor's Office or during special events.
- Law Enforcement: e.g. searching someone that visits the drug dealer NPC location frequently.
- Secret Service: e.g. searching someone that comes close to the mayor.
- Security Guard: e.g. searching someone entering the bank or gas station.
- Corruption is allowed with permission from a Senior Administrator or above. The permissions are automatically void when the authorizing staff member leaves the server.
[5.2.1] General Law Enforcement Rules
- Law Enforcement may only use deadly force when the situation requires the protection of themselves or others. For example, if a person is threatening your life, you may use your weapon in self-defense.
- Law Enforcement can not use lethal force when in pursuit of a fleeing suspect unless your own or civilian lives are in imminent danger or all other attempts to stop the suspect had failed. You must be able to justify your actions if asked by a member of staff.
- Law Enforcement may not harm any other government officials - like the Mayor - but if roleplayed well they can work with others to bring them down.
- Law Enforcement may not randomly pull somebody over and order them out of the vehicle without reasonable suspicion taking place. You must have a valid roleplay reason.
- Law Enforcement may not place spike strips off a road as it can hurt civilians. As soon as the situation no longer requires your spike stripes, you must remove them.
- Law Enforcement may not take weapons from a player’s inventory without a valid reason. However, you may take weapons which were used in a robbery or combat situation.
- Law Enforcement may not abuse the taser. You must have a valid reason to tase a player. You may deploy your taser during a gunfight or active shootout to take down criminals if they are not directly facing or shooting at you.
- In a hostage situation, you are obligated to value the life of the hostage and begin negotiations. A superior Law Enforcement Officer/Lead Negotiator may, however, call off negotiations at any time if it is deemed necessary.
- A SWAT officer can not perform simplistic police activities like traffic stops or issuing traffic tickets, but can be called as backup if approved by the Mayor, Sheriff, Chief or Captain. They may only patrol during either emergency state or exceptionally risky conditions within the city.
- As a SWAT officer, you are not above the Sheriff, Chief, Captain or Lieutenants. You might have better equipment, but you have no commands over the Police Department and Sheriff's Department.
- During a shootout, the SWAT Commander will take charge over the coordination and tactics of the Sheriff's Department. If there is no SWAT Commander at the time, SWAT will lead each other with supervision from the Sheriff, Chief or Captain.
- As a SWAT officer, you may not be on "standby" for a prolonged period of time at the police station if there is no imminent situation or context warranting SWAT. Active and coordinated training in the SWAT team can always be a valid reason for SWAT to be deployed, unless the Sheriff requests SWAT to flag down.
- In order to perform a police raid, you must gather video or picture evidence to prove that there is illegal activity going on at that specific property. 911 calls can not be used as evidence to raid a property.
- Law Enforcement is exempt from this rule if their life or the life of others are in danger (ex: Being shot at or threatened with a deadly weapon, or a suspect they are actively chasing enters a property during the chase). If either of these situations occurs they can immediately raid the property.
- Reports regarding false police raids must be made prior to the end of the police raid or the report will be closed and the situation will be considered handled in-character.
- As Law Enforcement, once you have performed a raid, regardless of whether or not the raid was successful, you cannot raid the same property again, unless you meet the rule requirements that permit law enforcement to raid a property.
- Law Enforcement may ignore NLR and come back if called by active units on scene until they have died twice for all raids, except Police or Sheriff's Department raids.
- The detective is an undercover Law Enforcement Officer and may perform normal police duties. He's required to ID himself to Law Enforcement Officers when requested. Refusal of identification is not an option.
- Detectives are allowed to perform certain illegal activities such as growing and doing illegal substances with other people as long as they immediately report these to the police to bust them. You may also perform in raids with permission from Lieutenants or above. During these activities you have to assist the police officers to catch the criminals. The detective can not be charged for performing these illegal activities.
- Detectives may not bait people into committing crimes. The civilians need to suggest these to you instead before you may take action.
- Detectives are above regular police deputies, but take orders from Sergeants and above.
- Detectives are allowed to equip and use any weapon of their choice while on duty. This is required when e.g. basing with people to not blow their cover.
- Detectives can only perform traffic stops in fully equipped police vehicles (lights & sirens). They should refrain from participating in pursuits or doing traffic stops if driving a civilian vehicle. If driving a civilian vehicle they may only engage in a pursuit if no other units are available, and should pull back as soon as uniformed units arrive.
- The role as detective may not be abused to e.g. receive intel from the police radio and use it to their advantage (e.g. crews using this intel while being raided). It's up to the staff teams discretion to deem certain actions as detective as abuse.
- Corrections cadets, officers and warden's jurisdiction only covers the Penitentiary and the road leading to it. Cadets and officers need to remain inside the specified area, unless they are chasing prisoners escaping from prison.
- Corrections cadets, officers cannot release prisoners without permission from the Mayor or the Warden. A prisoner cannot be released without a proper reason.
- As the Mayor, you represent the city, but, with the approval of staff, can accept bribes, engage in the overseeing of certain illegal operations but can not actually engage in any criminal activities, only observe it. This includes growing weed or creating drugs.
- As the Mayor, you may not create laws that are unrealistic. A staff member will request that you revoke a law if they believe it is unrealistic.
- As the Mayor, you may not create laws to allow public executions. The death penalty may be instituted under realistic circumstances - carried out privately for first degree murder or treason.
- As the Mayor, you may not overrule a permanent law. Permanent laws are the laws which are already set whilst there are no active laws and they are shown above your custom laws.
- As the Mayor, you may not carry any illegal weaponry. You are allowed to own a handgun. You are only allowed to carry it and use it if you are in danger.
- As the Mayor, you are not above the law and are liable for arrests and tickets like any other citizen.
[5.4.1] Emergency Services General Rules
- As a Medic, you are not allowed to be open for-hire to be a combat medic, meaning you can not specifically assist crews with medical supplies and medical assistance.
- As a Firefighter, you are not allowed to be for-hire to put out fires specifically for people's drug sets.
- You may not carry any weapons. If you are in danger call the Police Department or Sheriff's Department.
- You can be on scene during a raid or robbery only to assist Law Enforcement, after the situation is over. You can not directly follow them inside the building they are raiding, but you are able to go in and provide any medical assistance after the police contain the situation.
- As a Secret Service agent you do not share the same responsibilities, nor do you have the same jurisdiction as the Police Department or Sheriff's Department. You may therefore not perform police duties.
- Your role as a Secret Service employee is to protect the mayor; therefore, you may not put yourself up for hire while employed.
- You may not carry your weapon in public unless the Mayor is in danger. The mere potential of danger is not sufficient.
- As a Secret Service agent you are not above the law. You are liable for arrests and tickets like any other citizen.
- Secret Service may not harm any other government officials - like the Police Department and Sheriff’s Department.
- As Security Guard, you may only patrol inside and around the bank buildings and the gas stations.
- As Security Guard, you do not share the same jurisdiction as the local Police Department and Sheriff's Department, but may use tools available for you within your assigned area of patrol. This includes crime prevention in that area.
- Security Guards may assist civilians in need and protect them within their allocated area of patrol. They are required to call the Police Department or Sheriff's Department for active investigation and hand over the scene.
- Security Guards may under no circumstances participate in police chases nor assist the Police Department and Sheriff's Department in active shootouts unless they happen within their allocated area of patrol.
- Your assigned load-out may only be used against criminals within your assigned area of patrol.
Last edited by a moderator: