Monolith Servers

Sokolov
Sokolov
I do give you positive credit for causing debate, better than everyone screaming at each other in-game... However, It does not give you the right to state how things should be, the rule hasn't been in for more than a week and yet you make threats to never play again, childish if I must say
Valdrec
Valdrec
I'm sorry to hear that you've taken it that way, but I am very thankful for your kind words too.
I didn't want it to be taken as childish, but I do feel in part, that it's not possible to disagree with people and not be seen that way.
I, like others on the server feel that we have very little say or ability to sway staff. Even with suggestions and a relatively large interaction with players, there is a growing rift -
Valdrec
Valdrec
Staff are, as I've observed in this debate, defensive and even at times personal, when criticised. As I hoped to address with my charts, this is an issue where staff and non-staff are split very clearly.
It wasn't my intention to say "oh I'm holding myself hostage" but I thought about what meaningful contributions I have to the server, without being petty.
Valdrec
Valdrec
I was a mentor, but I also am part of the population of the server. Although I am in sense, a customer of the server, because of the nature of it, I am also a contributor. I didn't agree with the direction I feel this rule represents, and I have very little influence even in debate, where I am routinely stereotyped as a nuisance. The only thing left I had to withdraw was my support and contribution as a player on
Valdrec
Valdrec
the server. And it has had some of the intended effect. I'm not the only person talking about this issue and the wider implications for it, even if I'm forced to brunt the weight of it. I couldn't talk about it on the server from threats of being banned, so this seemed like the best place for this discussion to exist, so long as it remains open.