Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: misterjokeman
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:51800342
Your Character Name: Wolf Thornton

Ban Length:3 Weeks
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @Tuko
Ban Reason: Derogatory Slurs, Unnacceptable Behaviour

Unban Reason: It honestly seems that you have it out for me at this point, Im trying to enjoy half life RP and I was really having fun and you go ahead and ban me without a sit to defend myself or anything? I never said the N word and it is not a rule that you cannot say the F word as long as it is in character and I've checked the rules recently and there has not been an update. I've gotten away with saying it many times before even with administrators watching and in no way was I reprimanded because it was allowed within character. The only thing unacceptable here is the injustice that is occuring.

Your in-game character may be offensive to a certain degree HOWEVER, once players feel uncomfortable you have to stop immediately. Be observant and considerate. Things like the N-word and other ethnic slurs are never acceptable - neither Out-Of-Character nor In-Character.

This is the rule by the way, In no way was the N word or any ethnic slur spoken, but the F word was said and I never had a notification of the other party being uncomfortable as I exclaimed it once after I killed a combine that was solo raiding rebel base. Honestly seems like a warning would have sufficed rather than a three week ban for something that the rules states is allowed as long as the other party is not uncomfortable.

This is the last edit made by me: If the other person was made uncomfortable by my use of the F word I am more than willing to get on and apologize to them, however, I do believe my use of the word was juvenile and I will remove it from my vocabulary when I play on the server, it is a bad habit and I apologize for it. I think a single or double use of the word for three weeks is a bit much still.

Last edited:

Airless

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Tuko

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Hello, @misterjokeman I will preface this appeal with a link to staff report me here if you feel my actions were unjust. Now, the reporting party had obviously taken offense to your comments. The player was already dead and typed in /looc that you RDM'd them. You then responded and called them what you did in an aggressive manner from what was recorded. It in no way was in roleplay due to the context provided, and you used it in what I'm going to assume was an OOC fashion, which thanks to the rule you've quoted yourself is not allowed in OOC. If I'm wrong and that's not the case then you clearly metagamed, taking knowledge from /looc chat and responding to it in character which if I do remember correctly you were recently punished the same exact rule break. The reason this ban is so long is you have an extensive history of breaking rule here, and then on your first day back, you do this. Your ban will be reduced by a week. If more rule breaks occur they will be dealt with accordingly.
Regards, Tuko​

Status
Not open for further replies.