Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name:Tyro Snow
Your Steam ID:76561198119398963
Your Character Name:Tyro Snow

Ban Length:1 week
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @Whathe12

Ban Reason:Breaking Raid timer,Shooting Unarmed people
Unban Reason: So starting with the raid timer, I assume hes talking about the situation at farm and the counter raid i did at the apartment. For starters, The time between when we lock picked into farm and the time i counter raided the apt, had to of been or close to a hour. I was trapped up at the top of farm for at least 20 minutes then after respawing and counte raided another 10 to 15 minutes. But i could be off, not to mention the fact that he never even mentioned the fact that broke raid timer just banned me without even explaining. The shooting unarmed civ part makes a little more sense, but still i wouldn't believe those 2 warrant a 1 week ban, even with priors. As i was countering the raid, i saw my friend get killed as he entered so i immediatly presumed all in the property were a threat. But there was 1 guy without a gun standing there, in the middle of the raid, that being FTVL so i shot him as i immediatly presumed him as a threat.

After I killed the last guy without waiting for RP to be over at all, Drew phsyguns me freezes me and tells me I should not have killed him, I explained to him thats hes standing in the middle of a raid without having his hands up or surrending therefore he is KOS. he then asks if I did the raid at farm, I said yes. He then says nothing about breaking raid timer and bans me. This seems a bit rediculous, especially since i had reason to kill the person in the apartment.

4.2 Raiding rule states:
  1. Killing during raids should be carried out sensibly. If there is a legitimate threat on the property of which you are raiding, it is reasonable to enter with the intent to kill. For example, if anyone at the targeted property has a weapon equipped, the base as a whole constitutes a legitimate threat and you may kill everyone that has not visibly surrendered inside it.
As the person did not have his hands up and was just standing there, I had reason to kill him. I don't believe this warrants a 1 week ban especially since the act of killing the person was legit, and the raiding timer was either already over, or was very close to being over. And as counter raiding counts as a "raid" otherwise he wouldn't of banned me for breaking raid timer. I ask for a reduction as the only thing I have done wrong here was breaking raid timer, and only by a small amount of time.

I do sincerely apolgize for breaking timer, I didn't think about it at the time, only to help back up my friend that was being raided. As it is not very well known that countering counts as part of raid timer. And that is why i ask for a ban reduction. Because of what i stated above, its the only thing i did wrong.

Time of Occurrence:6:30 PM EST
Additional members involved/witnessing: @Hello migo

Last edited:

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The time between when we lock picked into farm and the time i counter raided the apt, had to of been or close to a hour. I was trapped up at the top of farm for at least 20 minutes then after respawing and counte raided another 10 to 15 minutes.

The raid cooldown starts from the moment the first raid ends, not from when it starts.

Tyro

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The raid cooldown starts from the moment the first raid ends, not from when it starts.
Understood, i believed it started and ended as soon as you lockpicked. Therefore that part of the ban is legitmate, if he would of explained to me that i DID break raid timer. Which he never did, only added that to my ban.

Whathe12

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I apologize for not explaining myself more clearly during the sit with regards to why you were being banned.

The reason why you were banned for 7 days was because of your prior history as well as committing what looked to be 2 offenses at once. Your ban for the raid timer was clearly valid and I won’t be unbanning you for that.

However, with regards to the situation in the raid at the apartments things seemed a bit chaotic from your perspective which is something I’ll take into mind. I had been observing the situation at the apartment for a few minutes before your crew came, as I was called for another sit involving the people in that apartment but I was letting the RP play out. What was happening was the people with guns had raided that apartment and and killed the owner and took a few civilians who were in the area to be their hostages. The unarmed guy you killed was one of their hostages. However, they didn’t have Zipties so they were about to take the guys money and scram when your group came. Looking back on this, you guys didn’t know there was a lowkey hostage situation going down and that makes sense since they didn’t publically annouce it. Y’all got into a firefight and while the guy didn’t have his hands up, he was unarmed and didn’t pose a threat. However, it was a very borderline technical situation I’ll approve of a reduction of the ban to 48 hours.

PARTIALLY APPROVED.

Status
Not open for further replies.