Years of Mono

LV

Steam Name: event horizon
Your SteamID32(You can obtain this from steamid.io): STEAM_0:1:126007236
Your Character Name: Michael Digger

Ban Length: 1 week
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @parkerx

Ban Reason: Macro/AHK use
Unban Reason: I got banned for using a macro which means that I coded a program that makes me able to farm without having to mindlessly hold down my mouse button and get a carpal tunnel. Farming in itself is a skill that takes long to level up and I just made it easier for myself. I made it so that I can watch my favourite tv show while the crops are getting watered on their own and I don't see how a week long ban is a right thing to do. I have never done anything like this before and level'd up to farming 70 before even attempting to make a macro. I just wanted to save a few braincells and make my life a little easier.

Time of Occurrence: Yesterday
Additional members involved/witnessing: Don't think so
Read, understood and followed ban appeal rules?: Yes

parkerx

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Also messaged me:
"Hey, I understand that you had to do something because I was afk while the macro was running. You could of warned me or kicked me but a week long ban is a stretch in my opinion and I wanted to ask for some blackpoints or something. I really wanna play on the server, I'll leave the AHK stuff. I just didn't know it was such a big offense "

My response:
"Any form of hacking, abusing or exploiting to gain an advantage over other players is not allowed."

The use of a 3rd party program to automate a task is not allowed in the server rules. I attempted to move you around and talk to you in-game to have a discussion about it before punishing you. I gave up after 5 minutes and issued a 7-day ban. Instead of mindlessly holding down your mouse button you are able to use "+attack" to continuously water your plants. You may not, however, use "+right", "+left", or macros to automate this. Had you been present at the time of me finding you, I would have very likely been more lenient with your ban time. Given your history, I would have thought that you'd known the rules a little better, but I'm giving you another chance by reducing your ban to ~24 hours. You were banned at 6:03pm EST yesterday, so you'll be able to join back at 6:01pm EST today. Please take the time to read the rules.

Appeal partially accepted- thread locked and moved.