Years of Mono

LV

Steam Name: dutchie420
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:19139895
Your Character Name: Nate Bogger

Ban Length: 4 whole days
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member):
SCOTTISH
Ban Reason: I was banned for failing to perform my duties as a police officer to protect the mayor from getting assasinated
Unban Reason: I do not understand what I could have possibly done to stop the mayor's assassination attempt as 3 armed men charged through the TH lobby passing atleast half the PD which were all completely unarmed due to the budget being neglected by the mayor at the time. The hit on the mayor was ordered by a police officer (whom I cannot name because everyone was yelling stating this in the radio so it was hard for me to identify the officer) who did not get punished at all for his actions. Server rules state that I may not use my taser nor my baton when class 3 firearms are being used by the suspects and currently in combat with PD and the mayor. SCOTTISH believes I haven't done my fullest extent as a chief to protect the mayor but could not tell me a better method of how I should have done my job but simply stated "you should have called backup". Calling backup would have been useless in this situation since half the PD was watching the murder go down and I was picked out because of my rank I suppose. SCOTTISH would not reason with me and went by the books as he should I understand he has a job to do and maybe I did take up a tone with him but I've been banned for 4 days because I do have 2 priors of FAILRP after playing on this server for a solid 10 months now.
I may have made a couple of mistakes during my time here at Monolith RP but I've always performed my duty to the best of my ability and if anybody is anti corruption it is me. My demeanor torwards the mayor would cause SCOTTISH to believe that I was in on this and wanted this to happen but I did nothing except let the hit take it's course due to the budget issue at hand.

[5.2.1] General Law Enforcement Rules: Law Enforcement may not harm any other government officials - like the Mayor - but if roleplayed well they can work with others to bring them down.

im not saying I helped bring down the mayor but please take a minute to real this rule ^^^. It states nowhere that i'm not allowed to not act on a crime being commited such as SCOTTISH stated torwards thus the reason why he banned me.

FailRP is interperated as such by the monolith RP rule handbook:
Actions performed by your character that are not realistic and do not correlate with the setting of the server and your roleplay role.
The action of my character was not realistic I agree but I would have wanted to stop the mayor's assassination but as stated above I did not have the tools at my disposal in order to do my job and to prevent anything. PD raiding is a good example.. if a raid were to occur and I was standing next to the armory NPC but there was no budget and I allowed the criminals to continue their onslaught on the PD would I have also been in the wrong then?
Time of Occurrence: 10/8/2019
Additional members involved/witnessing: Too many to count
Read, understood and followed ban appeal rules?: Yes I sure did

Last edited:

Dobarion

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello @Nate Boggers ,

Regarding your ban appeal, you were issued the following of a four-day ban for Fail Roleplay ( Third Offence ) and No Intent to Roleplay.

Just so you are aware:
Would it not make sense to have somebody who wasn't at the situation in the first place review the appeal?
The purpose of a ban appeal is for the player to request by the issuing staff member for their ban to be reduced or removed, this normally allows players to conclude their thoughts on the situation and explain themselves via text on an appeal. Staff Management may intervein if necessary on a Ban Appeal and can, of course, overrule the ban appeal etc.

Ban Appeal - Subject Matter: Response
As explained in a prior Ban Appeal made and in the sit you were in before the ban was issued, the following was stated: Based on the situation/scenario the Law Enforcement Officers on the scene were not roleplaying as their job intended, these Law Enforcement Officers stood by as the current sitting Mayor of the City was assassinated and in response, you did not roleplay as according, instead you supported the assassination of the Mayor which is believed due to a prior matter where yourself has reported the Mayor for Corruption and not providing you budget. In which, that sit was dealt with, myself and another staff member looked over the evidence we had and the decision of the Mayor being corrupt and misspending the budget couldn't be determined. The Mayor was advised to provide you with a set budget of $1,500 I believe in which he did so.

In addition, in the result of your prior history and the attitude in which you displayed towards me as a staff member and the Mayor as a player was not acceptable, you acted improper, rude and outright outrageous to the situation. I can understand that you were upset or "heated" due to the situation but you didn't take the appropriate choice of not commenting and appropriately reacting to the situation. As mentioned in the prior ban appeal, most players issued punishments by myself would state that I am fair as possible with the punishments I issue. In issuing a ban, it is always a last resort, staff do not like to ban players but if the player in fault breaks server rules and issued punishments and yet they continue, this, therefore, means that the methods of punishment were of no effect in reforming your behaviour and how you conclude yourself on our servers.

To conclude, regarding your ban appeal, I will advise you that you haven't correctly filled out the appropriate information for Ban Reason nor your unban reason was correctly explained. Your behaviour and actions while on the server were not appropriate nor acceptable, how you treated me and other players over the report against the Mayor to his assassination is outrageous. I would consider yourself quite lucky, as to how you acted towards staff and players were in clear violation of disrespect and how you should behave while on our servers. Consider your actions and reform, educate and develop yourself. As you clearly cannot follow a set of rules in which you already have identified that you were aware of that in this appeal and in response to your punishment history and behaviour your ban will remain, your appeal is denied. This is an opportunity in which you can read over the server rules and develop on yourself.

If you object to the decision that has been made and you would like to file a complaint, I will provide you with the link below in which you may file a complaint.

https://monolithservers.com/forums/forums/staff-reports.37/

Thread Locked,
Thread Moved to Handled Appeals.

Status
Not open for further replies.