Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Wolv.-
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:99853642
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Johnathan Doyna

Admin being reported( Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @Bottled Man

Reason for Report: Improper handling of a situation, making decisions with no context
Time of Occurrence: around 1:30 pm pst
Evidence to support your claim:

My group and I had wanted to raid bank with 6 cops on, as we started raiding bank and went to put on the drills a cop had gotten off, but the remaining cops online had already responded to the situation trapping us in the vault room. Rockford bank is just a funnel, the cops have every angle on one door and its the only door we can push to leave, therefore its not in our best interest to wanna push that door if we dont have to yet.

We tried to wait for a cop to get on and make advertisements to attract people to get on cop so we can maybe get that one cop on to place drills, but after waiting 10-15 minutes no cop got on. This is when the decision by Bottled Man was made that we as raiders HAVE to push out of bank vault.

This decision was not the proper way of handling this and the reason I believe that is because first of all, he wasn't even on the server making the decision so he had no context, second of all why are we punished for a game feature we cant control? We had went to place drills, and literally as we went to place them a cop got off, how is that our fault?

In my opinion, the better way of handling this situation would have been to void the situation when seeing what was happening, telling cops to leave the area and let the raiders leave as well. It only makes sense because it's not in our control that a cop happen to get off literally last second as we tried to place drills. I believe Bottled Man's call was not the right way of handling this situation, and it was improper to tell us what we have to do while not even being on the server and having no context to the situation.

Evidence that it was bottled who gave the call: 1706997799510.png

Additional members involved/witnessing: @Pino @mokeef @QxTerity
Read, understood and followed staff report rules?: yes

Wolv

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

just to be clear as well, i really like everyone on the staff team rn. even though im sure nothing would happen i dont want bottled to be in trouble at all. my main goal of this report is to voice how i feel the situation should have been handled for the future and doesnt happen again

Bottled Man

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
Marketing Team
Recruitment Team
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

@Wolv So I was not the primary member taking this reports as I was not even on the server when this happened I gave my thoughts based on information given to the staff member taking the report. First a member of your raiding party asked for a 10 min grace period for cops to get on to raid Second you broke 4.2.3 "You are required to leave the area you raid or heist after you remove, destroy, or steal anything of value, regardless of the raid’s success. You may not stick around or wait until something of value is obtainable." Third you had the choice to surrender from what I had heard which you would have been able to grab your weapons from the PD locker. Fourth you did not have to all run out in the lobby you just had to make an attempt to get out because you could not raid it.

Hope this helps you understand the situation

Wolv

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

@Wolv So I was not the primary member taking this reports as I was not even on the server when this happened I gave my thoughts based on information given to the staff member taking the report. First a member of your raiding party asked for a 10 min grace period for cops to get on to raid Second you broke 4.2.3 "You are required to leave the area you raid or heist after you remove, destroy, or steal anything of value, regardless of the raid’s success. You may not stick around or wait until something of value is obtainable." Third you had the choice to surrender from what I had heard which you would have been able to grab your weapons from the PD locker. Fourth you did not have to all run out in the lobby you just had to make an attempt to get out because you could not raid it.

Hope this helps you understand the situation
ok, i got a few things to say about this.

1. "So I was not the primary member taking this reports as I was not even on the server when this happened I gave my thoughts based on information given to the staff member taking the report."
In chat it was said "SA orders you guys to push out". this sounds like more than just giving your thoughts.

2. "Second you broke 4.2.3 "You are required to leave the area you raid or heist after you remove, destroy, or steal anything of value, regardless of the raid’s success. You may not stick around or wait until something of value is obtainable.""
This doesn't make sense. First of all, this rule is is pertaining to someone as if you had already raided something and were waiting around for more loot. some examples, raiding someone and finishing their coke, or raiding bank and waiting an hour to raid it again without ever leaving the vault. This wouldn't apply to our situation. We NEVER even got to raid, a cop got off and we couldnt place drills. This made it out of our control, hence why i feel this should be voided and future situations like it.

3. "Third you had the choice to surrender from what I had heard which you would have been able to grab your weapons from the PD locker."
This is somewhat true, however it shouldn't have to play out this way. Again, as I will keep saying, we were affected by a game mechanic that we cannot control that even got us in this situation in the first place. Situations like this should be voided

4. "Fourth you did not have to all run out in the lobby you just had to make an attempt to get out because you could not raid it."
Ok next time ill noclip through the vault and not run through the only door that exists that leads into lobby20240203143243_1.jpg20240203143238_1.jpg

Wolv

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

to follow up on the first statement of my last responseimage.png

Bottled Man

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
Marketing Team
Recruitment Team
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The chat messages in game were not supposed to be an order I did not see these as I was again I was not in game everything that I had said was to be given as a second opinion I was not the main staff member taking this report in game

Sushi

Executive Director
Executive Director
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Under review.

Sushi

Executive Director
Executive Director
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

After conducting an investigation, below is my conclusion:

• The entire bank raid is void
  • All players involved can make a refund request and will be approved
  • @Bottled Man will not be issued any punishments
The reason for my decision is because the situation became null and void after failure of code.

@Wolv, you should not have advertised for more cops to join because that's Fail RP. In real life, you do not advertise for cops to join cop to enable a bank raid. Instead, you should have made a staff report asking to void the RP situation, or some kind of assistance on the matter.

We will work on trying to apply a patch as soon as possible to prevent this kind of issue from happening again. Also, we will have a discussion with our staff team regarding communication to make sure we're handling these types of situations better. It seems the staff member who took your report misunderstood his supervisor, which caused some issues here that led to this staff report.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.