Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Bryson
Your Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brysonbknSTEAM_0:0:127231856
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Bryson Nelson

Ban Length: 24 Hours
Admin who banned you: @OGZeus2010

Ban Reason: "disrespectful towards players/admin in sit. Fail driving multimultiple times. Very disrespectful towards staff members. "
Time of Occurrence: 4:48 PM
Relevant Evidence: I help out literally every player on the server along with being friends with almost every staff member. 
Additional members involved/witnessing: @hawke @Dannny.

Note: This trial moderator did not bring me to a sit. before banning me. Funny thing is, I just sold someone a shotgun for 6k because he did not have enough money than I am banned right after it. I said nothing disrespectful, as I do not understand what I did wrong, and I really wish this trial moderator would have talked to me so he could explain what I did that he felt was so disrespectful. I can get over 20 players and staff as witnesses of my behavior stating I am not a disrespectful player OOC. 

✪ Cojo

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I'm not entirely sure if the public is allowed to comment in on these types of things. But I vouch for you as you're not disrespectful, but you do fail drive and failrp a ton and never get reprimanded for it. 

ProfessorSpace

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

@Bryson While he can be overwhelming while in a roleplay instance for an example using terms that in real life standards would make him the bad guy, is quite a nice person. Bryson can get a little out of control and from what ive heard from others sometimes can be a little problematic i do not believe he was disrespectful to any player unless its a roleplay event IE mugging.  The video only lasts ~30 seconds so i can really conclude it in my post but from my own personal experience with bryson i do not believe he should have been banned for a day. If the allegations are true then i would say a proper length of ban if any is 1 hour. Not to impose that i am any rank other than developer because im not im just putting my prospective in this, However my opinion might change but for the time being i would say this ban is a little out of spectrum.

I personally would like to hear from the mod @OGZeus2010 to see his side of the story

please note that i am not "acting" as a staff member, but rather saying what should be said so dont view this as a acting decision   

-EDIT-

After hearing from a few un-named players i feel the ban should be upheld. Sorry Bryson but this seems like the right choice. If you would like to improve i suggest that you should be focused on being more passive and not as overwhelming perhaps you might need a small break and if this post makes you dislike then i am sorry but i try my hardest not to be biased

Last edited by a moderator:

hawke

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I can vouch when @Bryson does VDM random players he says it's an accident most times, but in this instance, the reason is pretty much justified.

In terms of the disrespect, there is somewhat of a lack of common courtesy when comes to language. Obviously speaking with him, I'm also pretty relaxed about my and his language, but obviously in a professional manner with others it should not be tolerated. To fair, the duration of the ban I would say is acceptable given the circumstance, but I do not wish to see him gone longer than a day or so.

He is a good player and he does have very redeeming moments where he helps others, creates roleplay instances and actively participates in helping with the server as a regular player. 

ThéOGZeus

Monolith Pleb
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hey,

I'd first like to have @DAR_UMAH and Edward Blake (That's his IG name, I couldn't find his name on the forums) to give their opinion because they were a part of the sit and I'd appreciate if they could give their perspective on the whole situation.

I'll now explain why your ban is so lengthy:
- Firstly, I've noticed that when you're in a sit with other staff members, you are being reasonable and not disrespectful. However, whenever I pull you into a sit, you suddenly get this absurd attitude and start being very disrespectful towards me. I've told you this plenty of times, and this is not the first time I'm telling you. For example, two days ago I had to pull you aside and have a conversation with you about your attitude against me because I wanted to clear any tension we had between us. Even at that time you were acting very childish, you didn't want to be there, you ignored me most of the time and you barely answered any of the questions I asked you.

- Secondly, You're metioning something about not being talked to about being disrespectful towards me or other players that were present in the sit, and that is completely incorrect. We were at a sit 5-10 minutes earlier, and as you point out, I am a "Trial Mod", so I'm still learning how to do bans properly etc. so that is why it took some time for your ban to be issued. In the sit we had, you were laughing at the other players when they attempted to explain their side of the story, and then when I were trying to talk, you started talking over me. I told you on different occasions to be quiet and let me talk but you disregarded that and kept talking over me. To put the cherry on the cake, you even told me to be quiet because you had something to say, and that indeed is being disrespectful towards staff, I was trying to do my duties  and you were trying to make it A LOT harder for me to do.

I hope you understand why you've been punished. You should be happy that I was lenient to you, I could've punished your harder but chose not to because that's just how I am.

- OGZeus

DAR_UMAH ◢ ◤

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Hello @Bryson.

Firstly, what happened was a few hours back you we're threatening one of my org members saying that you're gonna raid and kill. i wanted to play on saying yeah don't raid, just kill her somewhere far. Later cops came up including you, as RP we don't know whether you snitched on us or not, I wanted to plan a ambush with @meatgrinder's org. It did go perfect after you reported along with your friends.

@hawke Claimed that his game crashed but never showed back up to the admin sit. You we'rent serious in the sit and wasted at least 23 minutes in the admin sit laughing and minging around...

I'm very upset to see someone before me thinking he can do whatever he want because his friends own the server and are admins on the server... You we're being disrespectful and involving other admins in since there are atleast 3 staffs involved/ helping.

24 hours is just a day. Be patient

~ DARUMAH

ThéOGZeus

Monolith Pleb
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

"Im done being nice" what do you mean by that exactly?

Bryson.PNG

ThéOGZeus

Monolith Pleb
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

This is shoutbox, open conversation, not this topic, please keep this on topic and reply to everything I stated in the recent reply. 

If that is off-topic i dont know what we are talking about...

Kenny

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

@OGZeus2010@Bryson Let's keep personal affairs out of this. Bryson, OGZeus has given you a 1-day ban and has proper witnesses to back him up. I understand that you feel this ban may be unjustified, but you do not have proper evidence to back yourself up. Next time try to record the sit or something, although you shouldn't have to do this for every sit you have. I know you were expecting this, and I'm sorry. I believe you are a great player and contributor to the Monolith Community, and I'm sure you'll keep doing that after this 1-day ban. hawke and ProfessorSpace both agree with this ban, and I think that's enough for the ban to be upheld. Please wait for a higher-up to give the final verdict, or for the ban to expire and the thread to get locked. Thank you.

ThéOGZeus

Monolith Pleb
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

@OGZeus2010@Bryson Let's keep personal affairs out of this. Bryson, OGZeus has given you a 1-day ban and has proper witnesses to back him up. I understand that you feel this ban may be unjustified, but you do not have proper evidence to back yourself up. Next time try to record the sit or something, although you shouldn't have to do this for every sit you have. I know you were expecting this, and I'm sorry. I believe you are a great player and contributor to the Monolith Community, and I'm sure you'll keep doing that after this 1-day ban. hawke and ProfessorSpace both agree with this ban, and I think that's enough for the ban to be upheld. Please wait for a higher-up to give the final verdict, or for the ban to expire and the thread to get locked. Thank you.

IM just trying to deffend myself, cuz he says that he is not beeing disrespectful, and i strongly feel that he is. That's all for me, nothing more and nothing personal.

hawke

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello @Bryson.

Firstly, what happened was a few hours back you we're threatening one of my org members saying that you're gonna raid and kill. i wanted to play on saying yeah don't raid, just kill her somewhere far. Later cops came up including you, as RP we don't know whether you snitched on us or not, I wanted to plan a ambush with @meatgrinder's org. It did go perfect after you reported along with your friends.

@hawke Claimed that his game crashed but never showed back up to the admin sit. You we'rent serious in the sit and wasted at least 23 minutes in the admin sit laughing and minging around...

I'm very upset to see someone before me thinking he can do whatever he want because his friends own the server and are admins on the server... You we're being disrespectful and involving other admins in since there are atleast 3 staffs involved/ helping.

24 hours is just a day. Be patient

~ DARUMAH

Actually, I never mentioned that my game crashed @OGZeus2010 can confirm and instead I left because I wasn't there because I broke rules nor did I feel I had anything further to contribute to the conversation. Instead, I went onto the development server because Coderall needed help testing the new skills system. I might've been at the SIT for no more than 6-8 minutes. Not sure where you got all about info you claim I was doing for 23+ minutes, but you're wrong.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

He didn't say you were part of the sit for 23 minutes, neither did he say you were mining and laughing @hawke

hawke

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

He didn't say you were part of the sit for 23 minutes, neither did he say you were mining and laughing @hawke

Oh, the way I looked at that line seemed like it was directly aimed at me lol.

meatgrinder

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Hello!

I am the guy with a character named Edward Blake and I can just confirm that everything OGZeus2010 and DAR_UMAH ◢ ◤ said about the sit we were in together is true and it was a quite unpleasant experience. I will try to give my side about why I think the ban is justified and how I experienced the sit I was in which was mentioned.
I will do my best to make this as short as possible and only include relevant things from point of view as a player and not a staff member.
Since I am quite new in the community I appreciate corrections if I made mistakes, to become a better staff member and player.

Some examples about things he did that I felt really disrespectful and unnecessary. 

• Laughed a lot during the sit. In a very condescending way. In my opinion it was to well timed to be caused by something else, but that is only what I believe.
  • Told me that I could not afford a gun on the server, which there was no reason to say and just insulting.
  • When I told him I wanted it all to be over as fast as possible for everyone sake he said something like "No, you guys are going to have to sit trough this" (Maybe with other words but meaning the same).
  • Moved and walked around a lot. (Not against any rules maybe but still quite annoying when you try to focus on the sit).
  • Screamed "HEY!" angrily when one of us tried to get the word while he was talking, since he was talking all the time, even though he interrupted several times himself.
  • Called in another staff member, as if he did not trust the judgement of the one who held the sit.
  • Interrupted the staff member in charge of the sit several times and talked over him.
  • Did not want to answer my question about what point the whole sit was.
  • Suddenly just wanted to get out of the sit saying he did not care and it was done.
  • Stod quiet for a while when the staff in charge tried to talk to him.
  • Started tending to his weed farm when the sit still was taking place.

I am not trying to paint Bryson out as a terrible player, I do not know him and have not RP'ed with him and I am sure he has many good qualities and this sit does not represent his entire role as a player on the server. Keep in mind this is only about one specific situation and I do not know about anything else he does on the server, but I am sure he could be really fun to RP with.

I also want to add,  even if it might be slightly off topic: 
The thing that bothered me the most was that the RP situation (a well planned gang related assassination in the park. Armed gun members running in to the park prepared for a firefight and snipers attacking from the roof) could have left a good memory of fun RP. But because of everything that followed I will hesitate before improvising RP situations that way again and will probably start playing more passively not to risk stuff like that happening again. 

/Meatgrinder

meatgrinder

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I want to apologize for me being so immature during this appeal and sit. I know I was being a prick, but I was doing it not directly, basically being a smartass. I had issues with @OGZeus2010 in the past and I do admit to messing with him. But I should of stopped a long time ago, due to the fact he did not think it was funny nor did he like it. I want to also apologize to everyone included in this, I will try my best to be more friendly to @meatgrinder and Zeus. As Zeus has stated,  he notices I have no issues with any other staff besides him and I always denied it. I had too much of an ego to apologize and know I am trying my best to make up my actions. This thread gave me a wakeup call and I want to thank all for replying and taking your time to make such in-depth responses.  :)

Thank you!
It is very mature and responsible from you to apologise and I really appreciate it :)

Martinerrr

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

A nice bit of enlightenment in this thread. However, the ban is still justified - the past can not be changed only the future. Therefore the ban will not be lifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.