Status
Not open for further replies.

Dgc2002

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Issue:
When a crop is fully grown(including the ~2 minute portion after the bar is full) I'm unable to harvest it by hitting e to access the inventory.

Possibly related issue:
I'm unable to use the Medic First Aid or Defib sweps. The visuals play but nothing actually happens.

Scenarios tested:
I've attempted to grow crops 5 different times in 4 different locations. All with the result described above.

Attempted fixes:
I've completely reinstalled GMod. That includes uninstalling via steam then manually deleting the files that were left behind.
Before uninstalling I unsubscribed from all workshop mods.
Once GMod was reinstalled I subscribed only to the mods in the MRP content collection.​
I've run `unbindall` then reset my controls to default.
I've also tried things like running half way across the map in an attempt to unload the client-side crop entities so they would be freshly loaded when I returned.

Other information:
Today a player and an administrator attempted to help me. They were both able to harvest the tomato plant without issue.

Exception:
On two occasions I've been able to harvest the crop by manually typing `+use` in console. This seems to only work once per session.

Video:
Here's a short video showing me attempting to harvest a fully grown crop:
https://gfycat.com/ConcernedShoddyFoxterrier

Edit:

I've just attempted to harvest another person's crops and it triggered the
"_RP-Name_ attempts to steal crops from a plot" text. So it's registering in that respect :\

Edit2:
This issue affects equipping weapons as well

But I found out what the issue is

Cause:
To save my hands some issues I would type +speedinto the console so I didn't have to hold sprint all the time. I'm a software developer and after some bad habits learned the damage and pain of RSI, so I now do whatever I can to reduce its effects.

I'm assuming the intention was to prevent these actions while someone was actually running. But the check is implemented to just check if you're ready to sprint :\

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.