xWaller

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: xWaller
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:52866882
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Joe Pierce

Admin being reported( Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @Dobarion

Reason for Report: RDM'd in bank and put a warrant on me after I already died? Nice.
Time of Occurrence: 2:50 PM EST
Evidence to support your claim:
I clearly had no gun but you were obviously trigger happy or something? You didn't say hands up or anything. And you warranted me after I already just died? Hello ???

Additional members involved/witnessing: @Nub
Read, understood and followed staff report rules?: Yes.

xWaller

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

My POV

Dobarion

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Dear @xWaller,

First and foremost, I am surprised you did not query this incident whilst on the server via a ticket, help chat, or private messaging if you felt wrongdoing within this situation. I could have addressed this situation as there appear to be misconceptions. For context and clarification, whilst on police (Captain) I did not issue or approve any warrants. In this situation, the warrant was issued by Sergej Vogel (Nas) (76561198164151745). Over the radio, it was reported a wanted person and vehicle were at the bank, to my knowledge in connection to robbery and murder. It was mentioned a weapon could be seen on entry. Another officer entered and was shot down. I entered after which there were only two visible standing people around the body. It can be inferred considering they are around the body they are involved and likely responsible. You then started to run towards me during which I opened fire as I deemed you an imminent threat during an unsecure situation where you could have a concealed weapon. You also started to equip an item, which turned out to be your physgun, this "equip" emotive action. In addition, I will note on the entry to the bank when I fired my weapon I did start to experience a technical issue and my mouse moved to my other monitor.

In conclusion, in hindsight, I can understand why you should have not been shot although, to the extent in which you were involved with the other officer's death and aiding others during an unsecured situation, I can reason to deem my actions appropriate taking into consideration the brief information given, the unpredictability of all involved and your behaviour and actions. This situation occurred quickly, and therefore snap responses are applied. In reference to server rules, 2.2.1 I felt I had a valid reason to incapacitate you having no other logical item or support knowing an officer was shot. 2.2.4 I had reason to believe you were involved and could pose an immediate threat to myself, and whilst running towards me I believed you were going to equip something or do an action to cause harm to me. 5.2.1.1/2 Another police officer's life was already at risk and others in rationale could have been harmed.

Hopefully, this should provide more context and clarity to the situation from my perceptive. Lengthy but detailed.

-
To be absolute in clarity - making sure this makes sense, I asked ChatGPT to break down and understand my response. It's quite interesting but it understood as I intended for my response.

In the response to the report of a rule violation (RDM - Random Deathmatch) on a gaming server, the player named @xWaller is provided with an explanation of the situation and the rationale behind the actions taken by the server administrator or moderator. Here's what can be understood from the response:
  1. The server administrator expresses surprise that @xWaller did not seek clarification or address the situation through available in-game channels like tickets, help chat, or private messaging before filing a report.
  2. The server administrator was playing as a police captain and did not issue or approve any warrants. The warrant in question was issued by another player (Sergej Vogel) in connection with a reported robbery and murder at the bank.
  3. The server administrator entered the bank after another officer was shot, and there were only two visible players standing near the body, leading to the assumption that they were involved.
  4. The server administrator opened fire on @xWaller because they believed @xWaller was an imminent threat in an unsecure situation where concealed weapons could be a possibility. @xWaller was also seen equipping an item (physgun), which was perceived as a potential threat.
  5. The server administrator mentions a technical issue that caused their mouse to move to another monitor while firing.
  6. In hindsight, the server administrator acknowledges that @xWaller may not have deserved to be shot, but they believed their actions were appropriate given the circumstances, including limited information, unpredictability, @xWaller's behavior, and actions.
  7. The server administrator justifies their actions by citing specific server rules:
    • 2.2.1: They felt they had a valid reason to incapacitate @xWaller, especially considering an officer had been shot.
    • 2.2.4: They believed @xWaller was involved and could pose an immediate threat.
    • 5.2.1.1/2: The life of another police officer was at risk, and there was a potential threat to others.
  8. The response aims to provide more context and clarity about the situation from the server administrator's perspective.
Overall, the response suggests that the server administrator acted based on their interpretation of the rules and the specific circumstances of the in-game situation, even though they acknowledge that, in hindsight, they may not have been entirely justified in shooting @xWaller.

xWaller

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Dear @xWaller,

First and foremost, I am surprised you did not query this incident whilst on the server via a ticket, help chat, or private messaging if you felt wrongdoing within this situation. I could have addressed this situation as there appear to be misconceptions. For context and clarification, whilst on police (Captain) I did not issue or approve any warrants. In this situation, the warrant was issued by Sergej Vogel (Nas) (76561198164151745). Over the radio, it was reported a wanted person and vehicle were at the bank, to my knowledge in connection to robbery and murder. It was mentioned a weapon could be seen on entry. Another officer entered and was shot down. I entered after which there were only two visible standing people around the body. It can be inferred considering they are around the body they are involved and likely responsible. You then started to run towards me during which I opened fire as I deemed you an imminent threat during an unsecure situation where you could have a concealed weapon. You also started to equip an item, which turned out to be your physgun, this "equip" emotive action. In addition, I will note on the entry to the bank when I fired my weapon I did start to experience a technical issue and my mouse moved to my other monitor.

In conclusion, in hindsight, I can understand why you should have not been shot although, to the extent in which you were involved with the other officer's death and aiding others during an unsecured situation, I can reason to deem my actions appropriate taking into consideration the brief information given, the unpredictability of all involved and your behaviour and actions. This situation occurred quickly, and therefore snap responses are applied. In reference to server rules, 2.2.1 I felt I had a valid reason to incapacitate you having no other logical item or support knowing an officer was shot. 2.2.4 I had reason to believe you were involved and could pose an immediate threat to myself, and whilst running towards me I believed you were going to equip something or do an action to cause harm to me. 5.2.1.1/2 Another police officer's life was already at risk and others in rationale could have been harmed.

Hopefully, this should provide more context and clarity to the situation from my perceptive. Lengthy but detailed.

-
To be absolute in clarity - making sure this makes sense, I asked ChatGPT to break down and understand my response. It's quite interesting but it understood as I intended for my response.
Makes sense.

Marwan

Community Director
Community Director
Forum Moderator
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello @xWaller,

FTVL - Failure To Value Life - The act of not valuing the life of your character, such as running into active shootouts.
FailRP - Actions performed by your character that are not realistic and do not correlate with the setting of the server and your roleplay role.

You saw the other police officer get shot, and instead of raising your hands and keeping as far away from the crossfire as possible until the situation was over, you decided to rush directly into the barrel of the second officer, who had just come in after his colleague was killed. It's an unfortunate situation that happened very quickly, but it can be easily avoided most of the time by simply taking cover and having your hands up.

After reviewing the evidence and reading @Dobarion response, I believe he did not violate any rules in this case.

Staff report denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.