RobertoP

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

When a base is using a door alarm on a door, the use of a door charge should explode the alarm and door simultaneously and void the alarm sound.

Currently, when using a door charge on an alarmed door, the door opens and the alarm still sounds.

tweety

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

What is the point in suggesting this? You can literally hear the door charge tick and explode... I don't think it should be removed because it allows criminals to know when their base is being breached.

kyubi1098

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

So somehow they're gonna not hear the ticking of the charge or the huge explosion that has just blown there door open? Alarm or no alarm the people in the base will know

Bobby Hive

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

So somehow they're gonna not hear the ticking of the charge or the huge explosion that has just blown there door open? Alarm or no alarm the people in the base will know
Agreed, If crims don't know there's tons of cops outside and about to/already breaching with battering ram/breaching charge that's kind of their fault.

Lambsauce

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Agreed, any house alarm tied to a door in real life will cease to exist if a breaching charge is used on it.

tweety

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I don't think people should have to rely on an explosion to allow them to know if someone is breaching into their base. That's just stupid considering when a door charged is placed and the door is exploded it triggers the alarm to notify the inhabitants that the door has been breached and is open. There is much gray area in an "explosion" as well considering it sounds slightly similar to LSD or coke exploded. Just unfair in my opinion

RobertoP

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

This is exactly why I'm suggesting this. If you hear an explosion in real life, you'd at minimum peek a window. Currently, with door alarms able to still go off, the entire house won't care until they hear an alarm. Essentially, if you see an alarm, you have no incentive to use just a lockpick valued at $760 or less, versus a door charge that costs a decent amount of materials. I believe the radius of the door alarms is extremely high compared to explosions. I believe the rarity of door charges as civs is directly related to this issue. It's high cost and no reward. As cops usually make their presence WELL known, this is not a cop issue.

I'd love any further feedback.

What is the point in suggesting this? You can literally hear the door charge tick and explode... I don't think it should be removed because it allows criminals to know when their base is being breached.

RobertoP

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Let's be honest, door alarm users are usually basing with 3 (at minimum) to 5+, this is a balance that is well within the means. You hear an explosion, check your door. Not even game breaking.