PhaseBootz

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Do you only need a career license to operate career vehicles? Why would the game allow you to do those jobs without a standard license if it requires it

DK.

Server Director
Server Director
Event Team
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

you need a career drivers license to drive job vehicles

PhaseBootz

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Makse sense. Can your taxi get booted for not having standard??

Phoenix Carter

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Ya know thinking about it there has never really been a guide to what a bootable offense and non-bootable offense is now that I think about it...at least as far as I am aware

Sokolov

Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hate to say it, but I'm on Phasebootzs side on this, would be great if the devs would implement the licensing better with proper descriptions and also the Community Management clearly defining what is required.

The way I see and interpret the law here:
1. To drive any vehicle you must have a valid standard drivers license.
2. To drive employment vehicles you must have a valid careers license.
3. However while driving an employment vehicle you standard drivers license must be current and valid to drive anywhere.
4. The careers license allows you to have access/deploy employment vehicles, but it is the standard drivers license that trumps all to drive on roads.

Scenario:
If you were a delivery truck driver and did not have a career drivers license but had a standard drivers license and used your colleagues delivery truck, you would be violating the law and subject to punishment for operating a careers vehicle without a careers license.

However if you were stopped by police and found to have a valid careers license, that's great cause at least you're legally allowed to operate said vehicle, but did not have a valid standard license you would be subject to punishment's for operating a motor vehicle on a public road without the standard license.

Point #4 is key in these scenarios.

Phoenix Carter

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Hate to say it, but I'm on Phasebootzs side on this, would be great if the devs would implement the licensing better with proper descriptions and also the Community Management clearly defining what is required.

The way I see and interpret the law here:
1. To drive any vehicle you must have a valid standard drivers license.
2. To drive employment vehicles you must have a valid careers license.
3. However while driving an employment vehicle you standard drivers license must be current and valid to drive anywhere.
4. The careers license allows you to have access/deploy employment vehicles, but it is the standard drivers license that trumps all to drive on roads.

Scenario:
If you were a delivery truck driver and did not have a career drivers license but had a standard drivers license and used your colleagues delivery truck, you would be violating the law and subject to punishment for operating a careers vehicle without a careers license.

However if you were stopped by police and found to have a valid careers license, that's great cause at least you're legally allowed to operate said vehicle, but did not have a valid standard license you would be subject to punishment's for operating a motor vehicle on a public road without the standard license.

Point #4 is key in these scenarios.
I like this

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

The way I've always looked at it is that standard drivers license for private vehicles.
Any job related vehicle you can operate solely with a careers drivers license, without having a standard one at all.

This doesn't make a huge amount of sense from a realism standpoint, granted. Realistically the careers license would most likely be something akin to a CVE or similar.

However, the reason I see them as two separate licenses that can be used independently of each other, is simply for the sake of new players.

The majority of starter jobs (food truck, tow truck, taxi, delivery, cop etc.) all have job vehicles that are more or less hard requirements for doing the job. Without a license new players would be severely handicapped.
The careers drivers license is both significantly cheaper and easier to get than the standard one, catering more to new players.
If a career driver had to have both, it would be a lot more difficult for new players to start out.
They would have to get an even larger amount of money to be able to access basic starter jobs, not to mention that they would have to figure out even more stuff to get started on an already overwhelming gamemode for new players.

If the licenses should be changed to operate where the validity of a careers license was dependent on the status of your standard license, the license system itself would have to be changed to accommodate new players first.

I do agree with @DystopianRaven though, that we should make the distinction between the two clearer for players.

Zynthax

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

The way I've always looked at it is that standard drivers license for private vehicles.
Any job related vehicle you can operate solely with a careers drivers license, without having a standard one at all.

This doesn't make a huge amount of sense from a realism standpoint, granted. Realistically the careers license would most likely be something akin to a CVE or similar.

However, the reason I see them as two separate licenses that can be used independently of each other, is simply for the sake of new players.

The majority of starter jobs (food truck, tow truck, taxi, delivery, cop etc.) all have job vehicles that are more or less hard requirements for doing the job. Without a license new players would be severely handicapped.
The careers drivers license is both significantly cheaper and easier to get than the standard one, catering more to new players.
If a career driver had to have both, it would be a lot more difficult for new players to start out.
They would have to get an even larger amount of money to be able to access basic starter jobs, not to mention that they would have to figure out even more stuff to get started on an already overwhelming gamemode for new players.

If the licenses should be changed to operate where the validity of a careers license was dependent on the status of your standard license, the license system itself would have to be changed to accommodate new players first.

I do agree with @DystopianRaven though, that we should make the distinction between the two clearer for players.
This is actually a good point. Perhaps a good solution would be to automatically provide the career license in every job, like as an object in your inventory. I do not know if am explaining it properly