Your Steam Name: Seine
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:47841933
Your Character Name: Nick Doe
Ban Length: 1 month 3 weeks 5 days
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @Lola Meid

Ban Reason: Producing forged evidence, committing to fraud + metagaming
Time of Occurrence: 1:45PM 09/30/18
Relevant Evidence:

These were the charges laid against me: Producing forged evidence, commiting to fraud + metagaming, below are all the reasons why or why not these charges are valid.
0f1f996686b06ab5b47b01e467908052.png

On producing forged evidence
I did not have any reason to believe that the video was going to be submitted in a staff report, I thought it was just because he wanted to protect his privacy. Furthermore, at that time I did not have a full understanding of the rules so I could not say with confidence that his steam messages were against the rules, I was however aware that discord was not permitted.

Full discord conversation history here and here.

TRANSCRIPT
The Big Stick started a call.09/15/2018

The Big Stick09/15/2018

gotta screen share it
DanZeGreat started a call.09/15/2018

DanZeGreat09/15/2018

Hey man can you edit this for me

And Block out the steam messages for me

Thanks in advance

Steam Messages at 1:40-1:45ish
September 16, 2018

The Big Stick 09/16/2018

I'm not seeing anything here, send me the YT link, I'll see what I can do tomorrow

I don't know if you're trying to get my to go to this link but nothing seems to be here.

DanZeGreat 09/16/2018

my bad man

forgot to post

he link

the
September 17, 2018

The Big Stick 09/17/2018

Done tell me when you want to have a look
DanZeGreat started a call.09/17/2018

As you can see, from the discord conversations I had no reason to believe that the video was going to be used in a staff report nor did I have any reason to believe that it was being edited for any purpose other than to protect his privacy. Not to mention, I did not at any time bother to read what was being sent to and fro his steam.

On committing fraud
I was not the one who submitted the video evidence against Leon, I can't think of any reason for anyone to believe that I committed fraud as I did not at anytime misrepresent myself or the facts at hand, to say that I was deceiving someone by editing video and having him submit it in a different context is akin to blaming crayola if I write hate speech with their products. If anything, Hauptstadt should have been banned for fraud seeing as it was not included in the reasons for his ban.
f2230e8434326d6241813e819bf08b70.png

On meta gaming
Discussing the editing of video evidence is hardly what I would call meta gaming and I think most would agree with me too.
However, I do admit to trying to meet Hauptstadt in game through steam so I accept this charge but I don't believe it warrants a 2 month ban.

Additional members involved/witnessing: @Major Lorne(Pmx)

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

@Gurrazor will deal with your appeal as you've committed a serious offence.

You wanted immunity for something we both know is against server rules. You failed to bring in evidence because you disagreed that you will be punished regardless, which is a failure to report a rulebreak.

You also know for a fact what you were doing wrong, why you were doing something wrong and why you '''tried to report it'' to @Major Lorne(Pmx)

As I said, gurrazor can deal with you as I believe this is absurd and considered a crime. Regardless if it's just ''voice footage being tempered to avoid metagaming claims'' you still forged evidence and I would rather avoid having you on the server knowing you might do the same again.

PS: I find it hilarious that you've chosen to put a misleading title. Don't think I'd classify someone a friend who said the following
''If I go down, you'll be going down with me as you've forged the video''. Also according to him you were the one suggesting the action of forging.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

During the sit, you demanded immunity in order for you to provide the evidence that show someone broke the rules and that you took part in it.

You need to realize when we ask you to do something, you do it without demanding anything. When we brought the other guy back and when he said you were going down with him, you then released the evidence. Additionally, you were the one who forged them so you are also at fault, hence why you two were banned from the server.

I want you to understand how serious this is. You need to know what you are doing when you are asked to do something. Changing videos/images to your leverage is not allowed whatsoever and is punished accordingly.

2 months is appropriate for situations such as this one. If you repeat it, it will be longer and you will face more consequences.
Appeal denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.