Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPapaMilk

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Type of feedback: Suggestion

Title: Event Chat

Links, videos, context (we love more information, media, etc.): So basically just like we have /radio, /gov, /org, /ooc, /yell, etc. I think we should add a /event chat so during events /ooc isn't being flooded with event messages. I know /event is already an admin command to do the orange text but perhaps make the event chat something different or use /event for that and change the admin command, that, of course, is up to the developers how they'd incorporate that.

heyitskev

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I also would like to see this. We can always use /it , but like all of the other commands the range is limited. I'll bring this up!

BigPapaMilk

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I don't know if /broadcast does anything like for the mayor broadcasts (I just use the tablet) but if it doesn't maybe change the admin command with the orange text to that and the players' event chat to /event? Just ideas, talkin' off the dome here

BigPapaMilk

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I don't know how the code structure is but if possible (to the devs here) maybe since there's an actual event mode for staff members have something like:

If (event mode);
Then (able to use the orange server wide text);
ElseIF (not event mode);
Then (independent /event chat)

This would be so that /event does different things dependent on whether or not they have event mode

Additionally, either all staff can always see /event chat or only maybe when they're in event mode?

As for allowing players to see the event chat, I'm suggesting possibly a job that just says Event.
Event staff can spawn an Event Coordinator NPC that players can just join the Event Participant job

I know all of this wouldn't be easy to incorporate but perhaps a WIP for down the road

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hello,

I do not believe this is needed. LOOC is fine, as the range is limited and allows close people in an event to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.