Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: MidgetWrangler
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:49657926
Your Character Name: Ross Baerd...

Target Steam Name: Harry Snow
Target SteamID: Unsure how to obtain this
Target Character Name (if known): Unsure how to obtain this

Request reason: This police chief was failing miserably to RP. He is seen in the video smashing full speed into a car on the highway before the police checkpoint (about 1:25 in video). His excuse was that "his lights were on". He then proceeds to smash through the front of the checkpoint and over a spike strip where his car is almost flipped. If it wasn't clear in the video, there was a sign posted by where he smashed the truck that states "Police Checkpoint >>SLOW<<". He then backs his car through a crowd of officers and demotes a cadet. I don't see how the chief of police can act like this then demote the newest lowest ranking person at the scene that was just following orders at a checkpoint. I understand that the police chief is allowed to tell us to remove the checkpoint but it is the huge amount of failRP that is troublesome to me.
edit: Had no idea this was an admin until hours after making this report. This is outrageous.
When did the situation occur?: 9/19/18 ~1:45 EST
Your evidence to support your claim: Will attach video
Additional members involved/witnessing: at least 3 cops at checkpoint seen on video - admin asked me to submit a report

Edit: how small does the video have to be to upload it? I've trimmed it down to about 40mb and its still too large...

Last edited:

Tango

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Going to go ahead and move this to Staff Reports, since Harry Snow is an SA. @Hazza

SpacedSloth

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

So was told by @Stuvi to make a reply to this thread since I spectated the entire incident and also recorded it. I can provide said recording to community management but it's while I was on duty noclipped with admin esp and contains admin chat/discord comms as well, as such I cannot post it for your view here without their permission.

To sum up what the video contains and what I witnessed. So, it starts with me in noclip as an admin noticing a terrible police checkpoint that's choking up the highway merged lanes of traffic, forcing people to make a weird turn and drive in the median. Anyway it was just a really poor checkpoint with no thought to egress of traffic. As staff, I was going to handle this as it was getting out of hand when Hazza decided it was better to try and handle it IC and I agreed since it would be better for the people involved instead of an admin flying up saying "remove this checkpoint".

Now Hazza has returned from being afk and became the police chief, at which time I asked him to tell the people to remove the checkpoint, turns out, he already did when he was police chief before he was AFK. However he still radioed in at this time of becoming chief, telling them to remove it for the second time. They refused, as such the chief (Hazza) went to respond on scene rapidly as traffic was getting worse. He responds with sirens and lights and attempts to reach there at a high speed, where he then brakes and slides through the spikes and into a prop, damaging no officer or vehicle other than his own. He yells at them IC for not listening and again tells them to remove the checkpoint. Four officers that were running the checkpoint gang up on him and refuse to listen to his orders yelling at him for speeding, even though 1: He's the chief and they were Lt's Sgts and Cadets, but 2: He had lights and sirens on. As they were not listening still he demotes one of them and they immediately explode into a character breaking frenzy of "Oh I'm recording this", "Hey cadet what's your name I'm gonna bring you to the admin sit", "I reported this to an admin" and other things along those lines. Some of them start to listen and begin to pack the stuff away. At which point I appeared very briefly and said "Before you make a report or anything, He's completely in the right, he's the chief he asked you to remove the checkpoint and you didn't." I flew away. You then made a report and another mod handled the situation where he told you there was nothing he could do unless you made a forum post.

So summing this up

1: He did not nearly flip his car, he was braking slid through the spikes and bumped into a traffic cone.
2: He did not back up into a crowd of officers, he moved his vehicle to park it so he could speak with you, you were standing right next to it and got bumped by his mirror. Also, he didn't back it up. He pulled it forward. He clearly did not intentionally try to hurt anyone and the fact that you tried to state that as a reason for a player report is sad.

3: "Had no idea this was an admin until hours after making this report. This is outrageous." Well on recording, someone told you he was a senior administrator. In fact one of the people in the sit was complaining that there was founders online and that they should take it because they were aware he was a senior admin. And you talked right after so I know you heard it.

4: When he drove back while you were in a sit at the side of the highway, he suggested you move out the road. You replied clearly OOC "Hey I suggest you fuck off nobody likes you kid"

He didn't do anything wrong and if anything you're lucky you weren't punished for the character breaking.

D

Deleted member 902

Pretty much whats said above from spacesloth. I clearly told you guys to remove it and you then proceeded to get angry when i demoted one of you for calling me a "fuc**** cu**" or something very similar.

When a chief gives an order you need to listen.

Also Im not responding anymore until you post this video tbh.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

He then backs his car through a crowd of officers and demotes a cadet. I don't see how the chief of police can act like this then demote the newest lowest ranking person at the scene that was just following orders at a checkpoint.

The cadet literally stated they wouldn't remove the checkpoint when Hazza ordered it so I don't see why you are even bringing this up.
Police officers must follow the Chief's orders at all times.

Additionally, the checkpoint was bad. As stated there was no room for emergency vehicles to quickly go through.

Staff Report Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.