Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: jColborn
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:445364752
Your Character Name: Jimmy Jimson

Which Staff issued the Warning Point: @SCOTTISH

Reason for the warning point(s): Failure to Value Life
more specifically, from Scottish: "Law enforcement told you pretty much to leave the area with weapons drawn, you failed to value life as you didn't comply and instead tried to be cocky, ramming into the vehicle putting their life's and others in danger therefore they had to take action as they are unaware what you are going to do next. Failure to value life."

Why should the point(s) be removed: I pulled up to the situation with the intent of helping the person I pulled up to with their hands up escape. As I pulled up, I said "it's ride timeee!" and started typing /me opens car doors to encourage him to hop in. At the time I pulled up, there hadn't been any shooting and I had no reason to believe my life was in danger. The police told me to go away, and of course as I wasn't under FearRP (there were no officers on the driver side of my car) and I meant to help the surrendered guy escape, I refused. I will admit, I was being cocky by backing up, but it also served to get me closer to the person. While I did bump up against the truck, it doesn't at all justify shooting me and I didn't put anyone's life at risk by doing so. They started shooting when my car was stopped, and didn't pose a threat. Due to this, I should not have had a fear of dying at the moment (because it should never have happened).

Video:

Time of Occurrence: Around 6:30 AM
Additional members involved/witnessing: https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/corrupt-police-and-mass-rdm.25517/
Read, understood and followed warning point appeal rules?: Yes

Dobarion

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hey @Jimmy Jimson ,

Regarding your Warning Appeal from the punishment issued from a Player Report (Link), you was issued with Two Warning Points for violating our server rules on Failure to Vale Life.

I pulled up to the situation with the intent of helping the person I pulled up to with their hands up escape.
By entering the situation you are putting your character in danger.

As I pulled up, I said "it's ride timeee!" and started typing /me opens car doors to encourage him to hop in.
From the video, I do not see any text stating you have opened the vehicle door. Video Link:

At the time I pulled up, there hadn't been any shooting and I had no reason to believe my life was in danger.
Law Enforcement had their class three weapons deployed at a number of individuals, that must strike at least some form of fear or worry.

Anyway, as stated over discord message (as you contacted me):

1586098057764.png

To conclude, I do not feel as if you were Valuing your characters life in this situation and the law enforcement had to take action as you were posing a direct threat with your vehicle. A Senior Administrator or above can decide on the punishment given, video evidence is provided.

Jimmy Jimson

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

From the video, I do not see any text stating you have opened the vehicle door.
I said that I started typing out /me opens car doors: https://gyazo.com/9e3d4094b738d5612c2395ca5bc51a66
By entering the situation you are putting your character in danger.
Of course, putting yourself in any situation that involves criminal activity, such as raiding the bank, mugging somebody, or helping somebody escape the police puts your life at risk. This situation posed a fairly small risk to my life, and I was only killed due to a few psychopath corrupt police that have been banned. Putting your life in danger is completely fine, it's part of the roleplay.

To sum it up, putting your life in danger is required while participating in criminal activity, which I was intending to do by helping the surrendered party escape.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Denied, the warning point will stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.