Deleted member 12627

Your Steam Name: HuskyD0G
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:121982224
Your Character Name: Simon Bendetti

Target Steam Name: DerpDeGames
Target SteamID: STEAM_0:1:84815173
Target Character Name (if known): James Winters

Request Reason:
FTVL/Fail RP/Powergaming - Guy pulls an AK out in the middle of the street, I shoot at him with a pistol trying to protect myself. He then instead of trying to deal with the person with a class 3, tries to handcuff and taze me. I get in my car, then to which he gets behind my car (Literally shoves his whole body into the back of my vehicle) since it didn't have enough turning room from the front and forced a code red on me for lightly tapping him since he failed to value his life. I'd also appreciate if a police supervisor reviews this as well.

When did the situation occur?: 12:30 AM EST
Your evidence to support your claim:

Additional members involved/witnessing:
Read, understood and followed player report rules?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Claiming PR, awaiting video upload to review.

@DerpDeGames You have 24 hours (from the time the post is edited to include the video) to respond or this may be handled without your input. If you see this before the video is finished uploading, feel free to comment to let me know you've seen this.

D

Deleted member 12627

Claiming PR, awaiting video upload to review.

@DerpDeGames You have 24 hours (from the time the post is edited to include the video) to respond or this may be handled without your input. If you see this before the video is finished uploading, feel free to comment to let me know you've seen this.
Uploaded

ChasingOctane

Mentor
Mentor
Police Board

Years of Mono

LV

My side of the story:

I had just pulled up with my partner in my raptor as the incident occurred, I radioed him telling him to pursue the taxi as I handle the situation outside of the parking garage, which he did (you can see that in the clip). So while going after the taxi, I attempted to detain Simon Bendetti as standard protocol in policing is to detain anybody who had a drawn firearm. After he elected to get into his vehicle to which I got behind and attempted to force him out (for some reason I can only force people out from the back), and he ran into me as he was trying to flee, to which I responded by discharging my service weapon. Before going towards the taxi on foot.

My intent was not to kill, rather immobilize his vehicle.

Within 5 minutes of the clip taking place, we had the suspect in the taxi in custody.

Edit: Yes I know you should be able to force people out from the sides of the vehicle, but I try that more often than not and it does the thing where it shows the countdown, and then immediately it disappears. This also happens when clamping a vehicle for me. Also another reason for standing behind is to get the plate.

Last edited:

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

[2.6.1] You must abide by realistic roleplay measures. If something you are doing is illogical in a real life situation, then you can’t do it on the server.
[2.3.4] Powergaming, forcing your actions upon someone else without any chance for them to resist it, is not allowed.
[5.2.1.1] Law Enforcement may only use deadly force when the situation requires the protection of themselves or others. For example, if a person is threatening your life, you may use your weapon in self-defense.
[0] FTVL - Failure To Value Life - The act of not valuing the life of your character, such as running into active shootouts.

So to start, I'm not gonna fault the chief for moving to detain you in this situation. It was perfectly reasonable (I mean, what is he gonna do, chase the taxi on foot?), and I don't see any issue with that. What I do take issue with is standing right on the rear bumper of the car, then calling code red when you inevitably get hit by it. For this, I'll be issuing @DerpDeGames 1 Warning Point for FTVL/False Code Red. Additionally, as the reported player is a whitelisted and active police chief in this situation, I will be forwarding this PR to police supervision review.

Furthermore, the situation will be voided. You are free to request any lost items in the refund request section of the forums using the format found here.
I can confirm the following, please contact me if there are any mistakes
  • M1911
  • Kevlar and Helmet
  • A death fee of $485
If I've missed anything, or if you would like to discuss any part of this verdict, please let me know through private messages here or on discord.

Player Report Accepted,
Pending Police Supervision Review

Afash

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Answering on behalf of the police supervisors team.

@DerpDeGames shouldn't stand behind the car to prevent the car from moving and put his life at risk. We understand that you might wanted to force the driver out, however, you could have dealt with the situation differently. it is common that we see many cops nowadays just standing in front of a car or behind it to block the driver from driving, and the moment he drives and touches the cop they immediately code red him. This not acceptable and not according to the police policies.

You must have prioritized the called Class A firearm that was pulled in front of you. However, I am not saying that you are wrong of trying to detain HuskyDog (He discharged his gun and an investigation must be made). I will encourage you to RP in such scenarios, and ask HuskyDog to unequip the gun and maybe provide an ID. You can tell him to surrender and to keep his hands up / put handcuffs if necessary to avoid any sudden moves by him trying to reach to his gun.

The moment he flees, then you can start a chase and be in high alert as you already know he is armed and dangerous (if he puts your life or anyone's life at risk, then it's necessary to neutralize the threat to avoid civilian / PD casualties) and it's all explained and according to PD polices.

The PD Command has decided to keep your whitelist as a chief, however, you need to "remain more aware and open to listening to civilians to avoid such situations".

Concluded.

@Alphadef you may move the report.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Locked and Moved

Status
Not open for further replies.