Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

How to avoid Meta-gaming

Meta-gaming is a common issue within players on monolith whether they are new or simply choose to break rules, therefore, I'm going to be making a guide on how to avoid Meta-gaming this guide will include a few tips and also a way of how to refer to [OOC] in [IC].

What is Meta-gaming?

Meta-gaming is using [OOC] information in [IC] this may include the following find out more here

- Using information someone provided in [OOC] chat

But why? why can't I do this?

Using OOC has an unfair advantage as you break the text chat range this could be abused by people who need help from somebody who isn't involved in the
a situation such raid.

- Using Discord to provide information of in-game situations find out more about this rule here

But why? why can't I do this?

Using Discord gives you a very unfair advantage because you can discuss in character information out of character which breaks the roleplay this could be abused the same as using [OOC] but much worse as you can discuss plans and call for backup.

- Using !PM to exchange in character information

Using !PM is unfair as it sends a direct message to someone without anyone else knowing this can be abused if your arrested or a hostage you can call for help without the use of the Mono-Tablet.

How to properly Communicate [IC]

iMessage
- You can find this on your "Mono-Tablet" click the "iMessage" icon and that brings you to your very own messaging service which you can use to communicate safely and securely without any risk of being punished by staff.

Radio
- You can purchase a radio from the "Tools-NPC" in the supermarket this costs "$6,000" but can be used to communicate with your friends from any place on the map as long as you have your comms.

These are both alternatives to breaking server rules , you might think they cant find out about you Meta-gaming but trust they can this also allows you to record giving you peace of mind during situations
Thank you for reading!
Best of luck

Billy Smith

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

This is a great help to other players you did it very well i hope less people get introuble with meta gaming if they read this
Great Work Karma

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Thank you! That's the plan

MRC

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Nice guide

Ben Chicago

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Nice Guide Karma u have been very helpful especially to fresh spawns like me you gave me a job and suppourt and now im in an Org with you +++++Suppourt Great player

legit

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

thanks it helped alot

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Update

The guide will be updated shortly and will include the following

- [IC] to [OOC] references
- Stearing clear of discord
- Mono Tablet / !PM is monitored information

Apster

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Nice Guide! Really Helpful for new players!