Digby IV

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Bot TriHard
Your Steam ID: 76561198201276295
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Harvey Jackwith

Admin being reported: @officernoodles

Reason for Report: I believe him to be making up what had happened in an incident. I made a ban appeal today about my game crashing whilst running from the police. The appeal was accepted and my ban was shortened by 2 days. The link will take you to my report, although if you scroll down we are focusing on the replay made by him. @officernoodles said "You were under gun point by 2 cops in which you drove off and they blew your car up for running a paramedic over. As your car was blown up you were sitting in the fire refusing to get out. After about 10 seconds I kicked you out of the car in which you started to run away and then presumably your game crashed." Although in fact, I crashed as soon as I entered back into my vehicle to continue running from the police and being a player with roughly 150 hours into this server I saw that I was trapped and there were guns pointed at me I was going to get out and surrender. But then I got the crash notification pop up on my screen. On my screen, this is what had happened, maybe he saw another thing where a glitch may have occurred and my vehicle continued in motion and like he said ran over a medic and my character stayed in the game. If this is so I would like to see the evidence of it occurring, because without evidence of it occurring I shouldn't be banned for something I have not done.
Time of Occurrence: 1:50 - 2:10 PM 6/3/18 PST
Evidence to support your claim: https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/i-crashed-and-they-thought-i-ltarp.10857/
Additional members involved/witnessing: The cops chasing me, although I do not know their names.

officernoodles

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

I honestly don't have any words or phrases to respond to this. I gave my story in the ban appeal. Not sure what exactly you are reporting me for.

At 0:00 - 0:01 You hear over radio an Officer say that you ran someone over

At 0:03 You notice the Chief at the front end of the car and an Officer behind the car ( the same one who called over radio saying you ran someone over ) pointing weapons at the vehicle. At this point the Chief stated loud and clearly for you to get out of the vehicle. You did not and instead broke FearRP and drove off. Now the call out from the officer gave all rights to just immediately blow the car up so the Chief and Officer did that once you started to speed off.

At 0:11 Someone tells you to get out of the car ( hard to hear because my game froze a little ) and from that point to the point I kicked you out of the vehicle at 0:19 roughly 10 seconds as I stated in the ban appeal. You were failing to value your life ( and breaking FearRP again ) at that time since you were sitting in a car that was on fire refusing to get out at gun point I had no choice but either let you die not valuing your life or just kick you out so we can continue RP. I can understand some staff members would say I shouldn't have intervened because I was apart of the situation but it was something so minor since only 2 other staff members was online at the time and 1 was AFK and the other was busy.

From 0:20 - 0:22 you were walking forward which proves to me that your game did not presumably crash at that time and you were just not valuing your life.

At 0:22 Your game presumably crashed.

as soon as I entered back into my vehicle to continue running from the police
When did you enter back in the vehicle? You were in the vehicle the whole time until I kicked you out and you started to run.

I saw that I was trapped and there were guns pointed at me I was going to get out and surrender
If you saw you were trapped and at gun point then why didn't you exit the vehicle on your own. Why did you try to run when I kicked you out of the vehicle rather than just surrendering like you claim you were going to do.

But then I got the crash notification pop up on my screen. On my screen, this is what had happened, maybe he saw another thing where a glitch may have occurred and my vehicle continued in motion and like he said ran over a medic
If I read that right you are saying that your game crashed before I even kicked you out of the vehicle and before or after it was blown up. If that is true then why did you continue to walk forward once I had kicked you out of the vehicle. If your game truly had crashed whilst still in the car you would not have been able to move after I kicked you out.

Personally I don't see any wrong doing on my part other than maybe the kicking out of the vehicle since I was involved in the situation.

Last edited:

Digby IV

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I appreciate the evidence, although Now I would like to pick this video apart.

At 0:00 - 0:01 Yes someone says this, although if you were forced to take psych in high school, or just did it like I did you can hear quite a big stutter which would infer uncertainty, and also I ran no one over throughout this video, and I certainly don't remember running anyone over, but if you have a video of me doing that feel free to respond with the video after this.

At 0:05 Is the point when I crashed, I believe it was probably all the vehicles, sirens, talking, and then that initial shot by the chief, or lieutenant (Cant tell because those outfits are the same) must have crashed my game.

At this point the Chief stated loud and clearly for you to get out of the vehicle. You did not and instead broke FearRP and drove off
First off you can clearly see that my vehicle was already in motion and my finger was holding down w before the command started. Obviously, you know that when driving a vehicle in g mod there is a delay between holding w and the vehicle jerking forward and going, and with my 100,000 dollar engine upgraded car it gets up and starts going pretty quickly. Also, you said that instead, I broke FearRP, and that would have been correct if I had kept on going and didn't stop, or get blown up, and turned the corner. You need to give someone a second to process speech and react to it, what I would have done after my vehicle was blown up is get out and surrender although I had already crashed way before this point.

From 0:20 - 0:22 You can see my character after getting kicked out of the vehicle by you with your admin powers continued to walk forward, This is clearly a glitch because when have you seen a person who is running from the police when they are out of the vehicle they just keep walking forward, they don't turn around and try to dodge the taser fire, and or sprint away. Being a lvl 95 police officer I have never seen such an occurrence even within my 150+ hours where I would say almost 100 of those hours were spent as police I have never seen that.

At 0:12 As you like to nitpick I shall too, something that you didn't mention is that you used your powers to also lock your vehicle, which is abusing your powers, for everyone else would have to take their keys out and lock it. In my opinion, this is abusing, although I'm not exactly reporting you for that because I didn't know that. I was reporting you because I shouldn't be banned at all for something I didn't do because I crashed before all those rules where broken.

In conclusion I, unfortunately, can't prove you wrong for the game replay software I use doesn't work when you don't have a game open for it to replay (because I crashed). And at the end of the day, I know in my heart what the truth is and what happened but in the end, It really doesn't matter because when I'm older and I have other problems I won't remember this and I won't care. Also in life, we have to learn to be kind to each other and not be petty. I hope you live a long and healthy life and get everything you want out of it.

Last edited:

officernoodles

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

I locked my car through the c menu using powers because it is an admin spawned vehicle meaning keys dont work unless you were the staff member who spawned it in. I specifically wasn't the person who spawned it in. Another staff member did for me. Anyway, the more I look at the video I start to have doubt because when I kicked you out you did continue walking forward and after reading your response it somewhat does make sense that there could have been a possiblity where you were holding W down to drive the car and your game crashed and it continued. However in the moment it clearly looked like LTARP, but after further review I admit it does look weird. Throughout my countless hours of playing as Police or even on the server in general I have never seen such a thing. I have said my statement and provided everything I needed to. I will now leave it up to the Higher Ups.

Last edited:

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

After reviewing both explanations and the video I've come to the following conclusion:

@Digby IV We are not responsible for your game to lag, crash or glitch out. The point of the story is that you should've gone out and if you crash, not making it aware to anyone, it is your own responsibility. Don't get into a police chase or any intensive roleplay moment if your computer cannot handle it. As for this ''glitch'', there's not much to go by - I don't see anything that looks like a fault at the game.

@officernoodles however, should not have used his admin powers to kick you out. From what I can see he gave you 5 seconds to get out of the car, but then immediately kicked you out without waiting 5 seconds. So that I do agree that should not have happened. I have to admit, it is annoying when someone does not get out of the car, but not every police force has that power so it wouldn't seem fair. I'm actually going to see if @DevulTj can code something so we don't get this issue in the future (auto kicking people out of a destroyed car or something). But yea, seeing how there were no staff perhaps after the 5 seconds it would've been okay to kick him out if you just RP it out (as an admin, but /me - on the verge of powergaming), or just let you die and get a medic to revive you (if you actually take damage in a car).
Locking the car is fine in this case because at the time it wasn't noodles car (some other admin spawned it in for him, so he cant lock it otherwise). You can lock your car if its spawned in, just only yours.

So in short, your ban is justified due to your responsibility of your stability in game and how much you affect the roleplay to be disturbed (fearrp, failrp etc). Officernoodles will be spoken to in private.

Status
Not open for further replies.