Grady

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Grady
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:53209891
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Grady Pratt

Admin being reported: (Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @Larry Gibbons

Reason for Report: I was representing my client as a lawyer and negotiating for his release (I did this because I witnessed the cops FailRP by not valuing a hostage's life). After talking with the arresting officer for a bit we come back out to my client. This is when the police chief tells me to leave because I am "trespassing" (I was annoyed because that was like the 3rd cop who yelled at me to leave because they didn't realize I was a lawyer and had permission). After I explain that I am a lawyer, the police chief immediately puts me in cuffs (It is very hard to not get salty when people FailRP btw xD). The police chief then continues to not only ignore me, but also his fellow officers... while saying "There are no such thing as lawyers". Then he put me in jail. *Note: I was never told explicitly "leave or you will be arrested". (Though I am sure Larry will claim he did say this...)

I was arrested for "trespassing" by Larry Gibbons (police chief). This is FailRP because I was indeed not "trespassing", which can be confirmed by the video below and by the officer who granted me access (Steven Constalation). Another reason this is FailRP is because he interrupted and ruined a roleplay situation that myself and the cops were involved in...
Time of Occurrence: 11:45 pm EST 6/19/17
Evidence to support your claim: http://plays.tv/video/5948ac722ee753eee4/police-chief-failrp ***Unfortunately, play.tv bugged and didn't record other people's voices. However, the video still clearly shows how I was granted access to the police station. (Excuse my breathing, I have to be really close to my mic for anyone to hear me due to the quality of the voip)
Additional members involved/witnessing: @Ge4l (Officer who gave me permission to enter the PD, ie. Steven Constalation)

*Note: After I served my time in jail I had a short admin sit with Larry Gibson and @Mark to discuss the situation. During this sit Larry acted very disrespectful towards me, saying such things as "You are just butthurt" and "You need to get over it". This is not how a Staff Member should behave.

Last edited:

Larry Gibbons

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Sorry if you believe I acted disrespectful. You actually do need to get over this. You broke the law and in no way did I do anything to break the rules. As the Police Chief, my word outranks all others in the department. Never did I say I was going to arrest you for trespassing, nor did I claim this so I don't know where you got this idea. I entered the holding area, and once I saw that you didn't have handcuffs on, I determined that you were not being detained. I asked you to leave the police department in which you responded "I am a lawyer" in turn I responded by detaining you because you failed to leave after I asked you to. The reason that my detainment is lawful is because once I ask someone to leave a property, and they fail to do so, it then becomes trespassing which you were properly arrested for. Even if the officer let you in legally, I, as the Chief, have the lawful right to revoke your access to the department and did so when I asked you to leave. When you chose to stay instead, and use vulgarity on top of that, I decided to arrest you for trespassing which I can do since I previously asked you to leave and you failed to do so.

I did nothing wrong. I am not being disrespectful and sorry if you feel this way, but you are wrong and you need to get over it.

Laquesha Brown

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

your the most disrespectful staff member I've seen on the server saying things like "Learn to roleplay" or "get over it just take the ban" and you talk with a attitude which tells me your not fit for any staff position

Grady

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

You actually do need to get over this.
but you are wrong and you need to get over it.
I believe your arrogance will be your downfall in this case my friend. Are you imply that I have no right to report you? That I should just get over it?

Also I understand your point, but just because you are the highest ranking police officer doesn't mean you get to disrupt an ongoing roleplay situation (ie FailRP). This is all I have to say and will not be commenting on this post again.

Larry Gibbons

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

I believe your arrogance will be your downfall in this case my friend. Are you imply that I have no right to report you? That I should just get over it?

Also I understand your point, but just because you are the highest ranking police officer doesn't mean you get to disrupt an ongoing roleplay situation (ie FailRP). This is all I have to say and will not be commenting on this post again.
No, I am not being arrogant. You have the right to make this complaint, but I believe it is a waste of time since I did not FailRP. As the Chief, what I did is perfectly lawful. I see no reason for this complaint in the first place. There is no such thing as "disrupt and ongoing roleplay situation" because what I did is also roleplay. I brought myself into that roleplay situation. It is not FailRP.

Laquesha Brown

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

@Larry Gibbons you completely stopped him from RPing as a lawyer and arrested him for trespassing as you can see in the video he was invited in by several officers. That is failrp in a real life situation he would of helped his client to the best of his ability got paid for representing his client and left to find another client. This feels really good to say but uhh learn to roleplay Larry.

Laquesha Brown

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

there was also no roleplaying coming from larry during the arrest. Ya we dont have audio so who knows if you read him his Miranda Rights but his mug shot was never taken and he was sent straight to jail by you

Status
Not open for further replies.