Your Steam Name: hypebeast
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:184499469
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Darrel Patel
Admin being reported: (Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @Lola Meid
Reason for Report: Inappropriate Conduct
Time of Occurrence: 6:45 PM CST
Evidence to support your claim:

Hello,
This staff report is being indicted on Lola Meid for inappropriate conduct towards a premium user. Both users and staff must abide by Monolith Servers's rules and guidelines, and it is necessary for our community to recognize when the people who enforce the guidelines push the boundaries and step out of their jurisdiction. Here is a summary of the incident leading to this report:
I filed a refund request to obtain my items after a confirmed RDM (this can be seen here). To ask for clarification regarding processing this request, I consolidated with Discord users asking for an estimated length of time for Super Administrators (SA) to clear requests and where I could find my refund at. After receiving my answers, I log into the server and notice two SA are online. Hence, I prompt the question asking the next time they would be reviewing users' requests. Community Manger Lola Meid responded to my question by asking where my request was located and adding that it would be automatically denied. A few moments pass by and a confirmation in chat states my request has been denied. This evidence can also be seen here.

Opening
The stance taken is there is divided into two sections: the questions and the form of punishment received. The first section will elaborate on the validity of the claim the punishment is based off, where I asked the same question multiple times regarding refund requests. The second section will explore the harsh and cruel punishment I received. Overall, this argument will provide reasonable evidence to support that I did not ask for a review of my refund request and request both my refund request be processed and Lola Meid be held responsible for her conduct.
Section 1
The two claims responsible for this indictment are as follows:
"does anyone know how long it takes to process a refund request?"
"hey senior admins - when is the next time you guys will check refunds requests?"
The supposed violation was Rule 4 in Refund Request Rules & Guidelines - "Do not ask staff to review your refund requests. We will get to it as soon as possible." The two claims both asking for an estimation of time were perceived by multiple staff, including Lola Meid, to be asking for a super administrator to give me special treatment. This is not the case. Given that I understand the intense workload of all staff members, the proposition that I am asking for them to review only my case is both preposterous and false. Both questions hold reasonable and truthful intentions when asking for an estimated time to log back into the server and claim my requested items rather than be held waiting for items without notification. The evidence of this intent to only request an estimated time for checking my items can be seen in a follow-up question on Discord: "are we notified via forums or will it appear in game". Asking when a user is notified of their refund shows that I am not asking for special treatment, rather a time I may be allowed to check back into the server to find my items. In conclusion, a misinterpreted question result in severe and unethical moderation against me. The questions asked did not violate Rule 4 in Refund Request Rules & Guidelines.

Section 2
The extent of my punishment is unreasonable, inappropriate, and unethical for the situation. The reasoning behind my punishment stands on the argument that my questions broke Rule 4 in Refund Request Rules & Guidelines. However, due to both claims not breaking Rule 4, there is no appropriate reasoning to list my refund request as denied. The severity of this punishment also stands cruel and harsh for the situation. To decline a serious and extensive request for in-game items based on both a courteous and truthful attempt of asking appropriate questions is cruel. The harshness derives from the additional snide comments made in-game following her action - the boastfulness of denying a player of his stolen items. As a staff member, the job not only lies in protecting the community but to propose ethical solutions to problems in the community. I feel as Lola Leid both did not protect but harmed our community and prefers to punish the player base rather than protect it.
Conclusion
Many of our members respect the guidelines of Monolith Servers, however in times where unethical practices shadow, it is our responsibility to uphold the Monolith Roleplay Rules, Community Rules, and other guidelines on people who choose not to. I hope this issue may be resolved and both parties can continue forward rather than be held back because of this issue.

Thank you.

Additional members involved/witnessing:

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Gonna say it short before going to bed

You breached the guidelines for refunds by asking in-game and on discord, and you have been punished for it. You tried blackmailing me (yes I call that blackmailing) but it failed. You also went ahead and called me toxic in OOC. Don't break the rules made and you would not risk your refund request being denied.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/495685035601428480/541079403258445824/AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
http://prntscr.com/mfivok

@Gurrazor shall deal with this report.

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Joey Sharp told you that you are notifed via the forums, and I confirmed his statement with a point up emoji

You left that part out from the screenshots
1549308077889.png

hypebeast

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

My mistake - thank you for the screenshot!

Gurra

Community Director
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

It's right that the rule does not warrant automatic denial of refund requests, but you did breach it twice - and staff have some discretion in how to punish you for it. I don't really see the applicability of words like unethical and toxic for that they enforce the rules against you in this way when you have clearly been in the wrong.

I think warnings would be appropriate before automatically denying a refund request in the future, but you can't assume that there will be any warnings. So to put it plainly - don't break the rule and you won't risk any consequences.

Concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.