Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Violence
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:70324571
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Jay Violence

Admin being reported: @Code Monkey

Reason for Report: Incorrect rule enforcement
I was speeding on the strip towards the Bridge that leads to layer 2, I drove past a stop sign and a police officer noticed. I continued to drive past farm and sugar.co and saw the police car behind me with lights on but no sirens. I then went back to the gas station near layer 2 in which I sat there for 20 seconds or so doing nothing, I saw the cop car behind me in which I thought to myself "ah aight so he was going for me", so I remained stationary until another 2 cop cars blocked my path and the cop car behind me also blocked my path so I assumed I was going to be arrested for fleeing or eluding or something along the lines of that even though I didn't really and so I began to evade because I didn't like the look of the situation, in the way they were positioned it look like I was going to be arrested and I had a SCAR-H on my back inside the vehicle. None of the police managed to get out of their vehicles before I drove off because I didn't want to give them the chance of putting me in FearRP. I began evading to layer 2 to which there was a left over police barrier, so I took the tactical advantaged of blocking the road and using my vehicle and barrier as a makeshift blockade, in which i exited my vehicle with my SCAR-H and gave the police at least 3 seconds to notice my weapon before I opened fire on the police vehicle instantly killing PMX as he exited his vehicle. A few more gunshots exchanged before I died. Situation Over - Ended in RP.

I come back from being AFK after dying notice I'm on a roof with Code and so I explain the situation. He asked originally why I fled, I explained the first time I didn't know fully if I was being pulled over or not so I continued to drive and then pulled over at the gas station. He then said why did I flee the second time I explained that I didn't like the look of the situation and that I was probably going to get arrested with a SCAR-H on my back, he asked whether or not the police exited the vehicles or saw my weapon. I stated no, in which alittle bit after he said "well you broke FailRP & FTVL".

The cops never had me at gun point so I have no fucking idea where FTVL comes in apparently getting into a gunfight is Failure to Value Life, I still don't know why this rule was enforced. Then we have FailRP in which he explained that I had no reason to flee when clearly I believed that the police would of presumed that I fled the first time hence why the blocked me off and was most likely going to resume in an arrest in which I avoided by evading. He also stated something about "cop baiting", I mean I wasn't explicitly hunting for police to bait to a location, I got caught doing a crime within RP and a series of events caused stuff in RP to happen.
Time of Occurrence: 20:00PM - 26/02/2019
Evidence to support your claim: N/A
Additional members involved/witnessing: @PMX @DistantLegendGaming

Code Monkey

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Violence
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:70324571
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Jay Violence

Admin being reported: @Code Monkey

Reason for Report: Incorrect rule enforcement
I was speeding on the strip towards the Bridge that leads to layer 2, I drove past a stop sign and a police officer noticed. I continued to drive past farm and sugar.co and saw the police car behind me with lights on but no sirens. I then went back to the gas station near layer 2 in which I sat there for 20 seconds or so doing nothing, I saw the cop car behind me in which I thought to myself "ah aight so he was going for me", so I remained stationary until another 2 cop cars blocked my path and the cop car behind me also blocked my path so I assumed I was going to be arrested for fleeing or eluding or something along the lines of that even though I didn't really and so I began to evade because I didn't like the look of the situation, in the way they were positioned it look like I was going to be arrested and I had a SCAR-H on my back inside the vehicle. None of the police managed to get out of their vehicles before I drove off because I didn't want to give them the chance of putting me in FearRP. I began evading to layer 2 to which there was a left over police barrier, so I took the tactical advantaged of blocking the road and using my vehicle and barrier as a makeshift blockade, in which i exited my vehicle with my SCAR-H and gave the police at least 3 seconds to notice my weapon before I opened fire on the police vehicle instantly killing PMX as he exited his vehicle. A few more gunshots exchanged before I died. Situation Over - Ended in RP.

I come back from being AFK after dying notice I'm on a roof with Code and so I explain the situation. He asked originally why I fled, I explained the first time I didn't know fully if I was being pulled over or not so I continued to drive and then pulled over at the gas station. He then said why did I flee the second time I explained that I didn't like the look of the situation and that I was probably going to get arrested with a SCAR-H on my back, he asked whether or not the police exited the vehicles or saw my weapon. I stated no, in which alittle bit after he said "well you broke FailRP & FTVL".

The cops never had me at gun point so I have no fucking idea where FTVL comes in apparently getting into a gunfight is Failure to Value Life, I still don't know why this rule was enforced. Then we have FailRP in which he explained that I had no reason to flee when clearly I believed that the police would of presumed that I fled the first time hence why the blocked me off and was most likely going to resume in an arrest in which I avoided by evading. He also stated something about "cop baiting", I mean I wasn't explicitly hunting for police to bait to a location, I got caught doing a crime within RP and a series of events caused stuff in RP to happen.
Time of Occurrence: 20:00PM - 26/02/2019
Evidence to support your claim: N/A
Additional members involved/witnessing: @PMX @DistantLegendGaming
Hey bud, let me explain my side and then we will leave it for higher ups to determine. You were pulled over for a traffic violation. Yes you had a gun on your back but it was not visible at the time. I confirmed with the cops they had no idea you had a gun on your back as it wasn't visible. You decided to run away from cops (FTVL due to the fact you will go to jail for running from police or end up dead) and FailRP due to the fact you had no reason to run as well. It would be a different story if they ordered you out of the vehicle and then they would have saw your weapon on your back. If that was the case you would have been able to run and get in a gunfight. You also mentioned in the sit "You need a purpose to run from the cops. People do it all the time that speed." I hope you understand what all you did wrong. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

Under review.

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

Lack of evidence is making this hard to understand who is right or wrong,

@PMX and/or @DistantLegendGaming would need to provide their sides as well.

DistantLegendGaming

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Ok so @Violence I dont know why you are reporting Code for doing his job either way you were not being pulled over for your gun quite frankly I didn't know that you had it at all I was the officer that called in that I wanted you pulled over I never told anyone you were fleeing and eluding. It was a high possibility that you did not hear my sirens so I just continued to try to get closer I was in a charger and you were in a lambo so much faster speed difference I called it out on radio stating "if you see a all black lambo with orange wheels pull it over and wait for me to arrive on scene" PMX and the other officer where already enroute to gas station because that was your last known location I pulled up behind you to initiate the traffic stop for the fact that I did NOT think that you heard my vehicles sirens I did not have intent to arrest you if I did I would have exited my vehicle before you took off I did not because I was actually waiting for PMX to move from in front of you to behind me to be my secondary officer because we all know people that ride around in lambos 9/10 have something on them so I wanted additionals for safety we were not going to arrest you until you gave us a reason. that's my side I still do not see why you have to report a great staff member for your wrong doing but you do you.... @Kent here is my side

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

From what I understood at the time, you were being pulled over and suddenly you disappeared (you did not stop) according to what was said on the radio. When DistantLegend found you again, you were at the gas station, he asked for backup and, as I was already in route to suburbs, I responded. Once me and the other officer got there, you started to flee and elude, went to layer 2 and started to shoot at police which resulted in my death (I don't know if anyone else died though).

I do not know why you tried to flee the first time.

Violence

Banned
Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Code Monkey
Hey bud, let me explain my side and then we will leave it for higher ups to determine. You were pulled over for a traffic violation. Yes you had a gun on your back but it was not visible at the time. I confirmed with the cops they had no idea you had a gun on your back as it wasn't visible. You decided to run away from cops (FTVL due to the fact you will go to jail for running from police or end up dead) and FailRP due to the fact you had no reason to run as well. It would be a different story if they ordered you out of the vehicle and then they would have saw your weapon on your back. If that was the case you would have been able to run and get in a gunfight. You also mentioned in the sit "You need a purpose to run from the cops. People do it all the time that speed." I hope you understand what all you did wrong. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

You decided to run away from cops (FTVL due to the fact you will go to jail for running from police or end up dead)
?? Doesn't that mean that any situation that involves the police is FTVL? Robbing Bank means you have the chance of dying or going to jail? Doing a raid can end up with you dying? You can't just slap FTVL on anything relating to weapons.

FailRP due to the fact you had no reason to run as well.
Explained that when I was speeding and missed a stop sign a cop car noticed that and had their lights on when I looked back when I was driving past farm on the dirt road, again heard no sirens so I did not know whether he was going for me or not and therefore when I pulled up at gas station and saw the cop car pull up behind me I remained stationary until another 2 cop cars blocked my path in which I believed they called me out as fleeing and eluding which would of left me to be arrested and to lose an illegal weapon which was on my back, therefore I backed up and started to flee as to my belief that they were going to arrest me.

It would be a different story if they ordered you out of the vehicle and then they would have saw your weapon on your back. If that was the case you would have been able to run and get in a gunfight.
If they order me out of the vehicle they most likely either have their gun in their hands on safety or pointed directly at the vehicle which would put me under FearRP therefore I cannot run or get into a gunfight and I must surrender... Why should I risk that when the way they reacted by blocking my vehicles path forwards and backwards to me it looked like that was going to happen so I took my chances and fled and attempted to kill the officers to escape.

DistantLegendGaming
Ok so @Violence I dont know why you are reporting Code for doing his job either way you were not being pulled over for your gun quite frankly I didn't know that you had it at all I was the officer that called in that I wanted you pulled over I never told anyone you were fleeing and eluding. It was a high possibility that you did not hear my sirens so I just continued to try to get closer I was in a charger and you were in a lambo so much faster speed difference I called it out on radio stating "if you see a all black lambo with orange wheels pull it over and wait for me to arrive on scene" PMX and the other officer where already enroute to gas station because that was your last known location I pulled up behind you to initiate the traffic stop for the fact that I did NOT think that you heard my vehicles sirens I did not have intent to arrest you if I did I would have exited my vehicle before you took off I did not because I was actually waiting for PMX to move from in front of you to behind me to be my secondary officer because we all know people that ride around in lambos 9/10 have something on them so I wanted additionals for safety we were not going to arrest you until you gave us a reason. that's my side I still do not see why you have to report a great staff member for your wrong doing but you do you.... @Kent here is my side

I was the officer that called in that I wanted you pulled over I never told anyone you were fleeing and eluding.
There's no way for me to know this, I presumed this was the case as the way the police reacted by blocking my vehicles path with 3 vehicles not to mention that in the past I've had a cop car pull up behind me put lights and siren on, the light turns green so I make a turn and start to pull over, I hear the cop say "yea he's fleeing, failing to stop". Although I can't relate that to every police officer, I just presumed that the way you guys handled it that I was going to be arrested.

I would have exited my vehicle before you took off I did not because I was actually waiting for PMX to move from in front of you to behind me to be my secondary officer because we all know people that ride around in lambos 9/10 have something on them so I wanted additionals for safety
See from my perspective there's no way I could of known that you was waiting for PMX to move from infront of me, they were blocking my path for a good 3 seconds-ish before I took off, so I didn't want to risk everything just to see if you would approach without trying to arrest me. That "assuming" people driving lambo is just kind of depressing that somebody's action can be based on a car they drive xd.

PMX

From what I understood at the time, you were being pulled over and suddenly you disappeared (you did not stop) according to what was said on the radio. When DistantLegend found you again, you were at the gas station, he asked for backup and, as I was already in route to suburbs, I responded. Once me and the other officer got there, you started to flee and elude, went to layer 2 and started to shoot at police which resulted in my death (I don't know if anyone else died though).

you were being pulled over and suddenly you disappeared (you did not stop) according to what was said on the radio.
This is why I assumed you guys believed that I fled the first time even though I personally did not hear a single siren, only saw a police car with lights and so I didn't want to unnecessarily stop to waste my time so I continued until I reached the gas station in which Distant caught up and then pulled up behind me.

When DistantLegend found you again, you were at the gas station, he asked for backup and, as I was already in route to suburbs, I responded. Once me and the other officer got there, you started to flee and elude,
When Distant was the only officer pulling up on me I was fine, I waited for him to do the traffic stop because at that point I knew I was being pulled over so I waited, it was only until you and the other officer pulled up that I started to think twice about waiting, if it was a simple traffic stop then why the fck would there need to be 3 police vehicles for it, this is when I started doubting and believed I was going to be arrested with an illegal weapon on me so I fled. If you left it to being Distant and Distant only doing the traffic stop or you guys actually pulled up behind Distant instead of blocking my path then I most likely would have remained stationary, it was the way that you and the other officer responded that made me flee because If I wanted to cop bait and purposely get into a chase then I would of drove off instantly when Distant pulled up on me but instead I waited.

Again two different sides, In my perspective there was no sirens or anything that could be heard so I wasn't fleeing even Distant can confirm that however in my eyes at the gas station it may have looked like I was fleeing therefore I presumed I was going to be arrested which is then why I fled. I didn't flee any other time.

Also:
9dfd0ed7d51ede6f39ea115ce964462d.png

Although it wasn't full visible, you could partially see the rifle on my back in the lamborghini and I can't remember if that's valid or not or whether seeing it is meta-gaming for example but I didn't want to risk it so that is also partially a reason for it as well. When I was fleeing I was at that point fleeing from arrest and fleeing to attempt to not lose my weapon so therefore I started to kill police in an attempt to escape without witnesses.

Code Monkey

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Code Monkey

?? Doesn't that mean that any situation that involves the police is FTVL? Robbing Bank means you have the chance of dying or going to jail? Doing a raid can end up with you dying? You can't just slap FTVL on anything relating to weapons.

Explained that when I was speeding and missed a stop sign a cop car noticed that and had their lights on when I looked back when I was driving past farm on the dirt road, again heard no sirens so I did not know whether he was going for me or not and therefore when I pulled up at gas station and saw the cop car pull up behind me I remained stationary until another 2 cop cars blocked my path in which I believed they called me out as fleeing and eluding which would of left me to be arrested and to lose an illegal weapon which was on my back, therefore I backed up and started to flee as to my belief that they were going to arrest me.

If they order me out of the vehicle they most likely either have their gun in their hands on safety or pointed directly at the vehicle which would put me under FearRP therefore I cannot run or get into a gunfight and I must surrender... Why should I risk that when the way they reacted by blocking my vehicles path forwards and backwards to me it looked like that was going to happen so I took my chances and fled and attempted to kill the officers to escape.

DistantLegendGaming

There's no way for me to know this, I presumed this was the case as the way the police reacted by blocking my vehicles path with 3 vehicles not to mention that in the past I've had a cop car pull up behind me put lights and siren on, the light turns green so I make a turn and start to pull over, I hear the cop say "yea he's fleeing, failing to stop". Although I can't relate that to every police officer, I just presumed that the way you guys handled it that I was going to be arrested.

See from my perspective there's no way I could of known that you was waiting for PMX to move from infront of me, they were blocking my path for a good 3 seconds-ish before I took off, so I didn't want to risk everything just to see if you would approach without trying to arrest me. That "assuming" people driving lambo is just kind of depressing that somebody's action can be based on a car they drive xd.

PMX

This is why I assumed you guys believed that I fled the first time even though I personally did not hear a single siren, only saw a police car with lights and so I didn't want to unnecessarily stop to waste my time so I continued until I reached the gas station in which Distant caught up and then pulled up behind me.

When Distant was the only officer pulling up on me I was fine, I waited for him to do the traffic stop because at that point I knew I was being pulled over so I waited, it was only until you and the other officer pulled up that I started to think twice about waiting, if it was a simple traffic stop then why the fck would there need to be 3 police vehicles for it, this is when I started doubting and believed I was going to be arrested with an illegal weapon on me so I fled. If you left it to being Distant and Distant only doing the traffic stop or you guys actually pulled up behind Distant instead of blocking my path then I most likely would have remained stationary, it was the way that you and the other officer responded that made me flee because If I wanted to cop bait and purposely get into a chase then I would of drove off instantly when Distant pulled up on me but instead I waited.

Again two different sides, In my perspective there was no sirens or anything that could be heard so I wasn't fleeing even Distant can confirm that however in my eyes at the gas station it may have looked like I was fleeing therefore I presumed I was going to be arrested which is then why I fled. I didn't flee any other time.

Also:
9dfd0ed7d51ede6f39ea115ce964462d.png

Although it wasn't full visible, you could partially see the rifle on my back in the lamborghini and I can't remember if that's valid or not or whether seeing it is meta-gaming for example but I didn't want to risk it so that is also partially a reason for it as well. When I was fleeing I was at that point fleeing from arrest and fleeing to attempt to not lose my weapon so therefore I started to kill police in an attempt to escape without witnesses.
Going off of what you said:
No. You would need to benefit from the situation. You are risking your life in a bank robbery to benefit from the money gained. Same thing with raids, you are attempting to gain something from it for risking your life.
In regards to this:
This is not a valid reason to run if you think they are going to pull you out of a car. This is a roleplay server, not a FragRP server. Roleplay the traffic stop and don't just run from cops so you can end up shooting them up like this is call of duty.

Lastly, in regards to this:
There is no need to risk it when you are getting pulled over for a traffic violation. If they were to put you under FearRP then make a report and the situation will get voided due to the fact they had no reason to point a gun at you. Do not take matters into your own hands by saying, oh I can just flee because I feel like the cops may point a gun at me...

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

I guess it's time to conclude this.

To start, I do not see any misuse of any staff members powers in this situation. It seems like a lot of conflicting statements have been brought up by multiple parties, so I am going to highlight things that stood out to me, and make my side on these mentions.

You decided to run away from cops (FTVL due to the fact you will go to jail for running from police or end up dead)

This is usually not always the case. In a lot of ways, I do feel like FTVL does not apply in this case at all. FTVL is failing to value your own life, fleeing the police does not mean you will die. Violence could have easily stopped his car and surrendered and not died, so I don't entirely agree with this judgement.

I do feel like Code Monkey had the right mindset in his ruling and judgement, and as PMX said in his post, he does not know why you fled from the police. Now as far as "having a gun on me" which would be an illegal item and you can flee, I am not sure whether you actually legitimately had this on you at the time or not, we are at the mercy of evidence and a lack thereof.

----

All in all, honestly, this feels like this was just a situation where everyone has differing opinions, and there was just a lack of context and clarity on the situation. I will not, cannot, and do not fault Code Monkey for his actions in this situation. I however, only disagree once, with his view on FTVL in this situation. Otherwise, I feel like he was only trying to effectively enforce the rules and do his job, and sadly due to the lack of evidence I cannot tell what is right, or wrong, given the differing sides here, and cannot give a valid judgement here.

Concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.