Clue

Monolith Newcomer
LV

I've noticed I'm not the only one that thinks this, but I think the move away from the Monoford Map wasn't a great move, especially to Evoside.

By Comparison, Evoside is a low quality map, and it has no sense of self. It feels like Rockford with half the buildings removed and some random stuff placed everywhere. It's also incredibly unfriendly to new players who don't have cars. IDK if there's some kind of legal issue for using Monoford, and if there is I'd suggest using a different map. There's several high quality ones that can be friendly to new players and be interesting for long time players like

Truenorth
Paralake
NYCity
Rockford

Paralake was probably the community favorite before Monoford, Truenorth has a rural layer and urban layer, NYCity has 2 very urban cities with tons of interiors, and Rockford was pretty much the OG map.

Mak

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Recruitment Team
Top Fragger 2023
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Evoside was a map voted in by the community, but I do agree, and I think many people acknowledge the fact that Monoford just fits Mono better than any other map.

If you weren't here a couple of months ago, there was a map poll with a variety of maps, including Truenorth, Paralake, and Rockford, as you mentioned. The map with the most votes was Evoside, so it was changed to Evoside. As many have noticed, these types of map changes are often like an excitement that wears off quickly. This is a very common occurrence—players tend to crave certain features, and when they’re given, they change their minds. Understandably, the game can get stale, and it did get very stale with the map change, as we’ve seen—just like what happened when they decided to switch to Rockford and Paralake.

The map will be changed back with the next update. I can’t disclose too much, as I don’t know the full details of what's to come, but they know what to do differently to avoid the issues we've experienced over the past couple of months.

Clue

Monolith Newcomer
LV

Evoside was a map voted in by the community, but I do agree, and I think many people acknowledge the fact that Monoford just fits Mono better than any other map.

If you weren't here a couple of months ago, there was a map poll with a variety of maps, including Truenorth, Paralake, and Rockford, as you mentioned. The map with the most votes was Evoside, so it was changed to Evoside. As many have noticed, these types of map changes are often like an excitement that wears off quickly. This is a very common occurrence—players tend to crave certain features, and when they’re given, they change their minds. Understandably, the game can get stale, and it did get very stale with the map change, as we’ve seen—just like what happened when they decided to switch to Rockford and Paralake.

The map will be changed back with the next update. I can’t disclose too much, as I don’t know the full details of what's to come, but they know what to do differently to avoid the issues we've experienced over the past couple of months.
Ah, understandable, I took a couple months off to focus on personal stuff and it must've happened right before you guys did the poll, was not aware of it at the time of writing this. Thank you for the response, much more professional than I would've gotten under previous management. Looking forward to seeing if you guys can recover the kind of base that made this server great a long time ago.

Reactions: Mak