Your Steam Name: V. Roosevelt
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:123591116
Your Character Name: Vincent Roosevelt

Target Steam Name: Dethn0te
Target SteamID: STEAM_0:0:36633530
Target Character Name (if known): John Kingsman

Request reason: RDM
When did the situation occur?: 21:57 Server Time
Your evidence to support your claim: http://plays.tv/video/59f4009182943dabe0/rdm-farmers
Additional members involved/witnessing: N/A

Since I did not threaten to harm or snitch on them, and I was not a threat to their life, it is RDM. I tried making a sit but that went as expected: https://gyazo.com/ead1d94e8e0a62287990cb6671fe8ff4

The Chef

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I came up to the area where they were farming as a cop because they were farming in public, after a bit of talking they said they owned the area and I disagreed, they continued to grow after I asked them to stop what they were doing/finish their last batch and move on so I said 'imma steal ur crops' to make them more hesitant to stay in the area. I was not going to actually steal their crops and if I did I would have had to do a /me I presume. The kill was unjustified by the standards of the rules, there is no need for them to explain their side of the situation, if you would like to see the full situation from when I got out of my car I can provide that but the problem is the same. (2.1 Do not kill without a reasonable in-character roleplay reason. This is considered Random Deathmatch (RDM). 4.1.3 You can not kill police officers unless you have a valid roleplay reason to do so. This includes, but is not limited to, carrying illegal weapons, drug dealing or something similar this is also dependant on the situation. 4.2.2 When robbing/mugging someone, you can not kill them. You may kill them if they are resisting and/or threaten to kill/snitch on you.) and since they had no valid reason to shoot me nor was I a threat to their lives, it is FailRP.

paul.791

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Hello as you could see in the footage that was me Joseph Paul so I can provide evidence too

First of all we only shot because you handcuffed one of us

Second if you wanted us to pack up and leave why didn't you just let us finish instead of handcuffing my friend

Last edited by a moderator:

The Chef

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I handcuffed your friend because he threatened to murder me, I did ask you guys to finish what you are doing and pack up. http://plays.tv/video/59f482d57c884e803c/full-rdm-farmers
As I said before, there is no reason that witnesses should be taken into account to consider intent, if intent mattered I wouldn't have been banned for Fear RP last month. This is a pretty open an shut case, just read the rules to confirm that handcuffing a friend is not KOSable nor is it when you should resort to the 'last resort' as there was no need to.

paul.791

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

He threatened because you said you were gonna steal our crops and I don't think cops would say that in reality and another thing is that if you would have waited for us to pack up we would have left but you decided to handcuff one of us this would have been avoided if you were patient patience is a virtue

The Chef

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

As you can see in the video, @CloutMonster planted more crops, you guys had no intent to leave, as you all said repeatedly. https://gyazo.com/229f4f8e750423d0bf52343801bebdfb Even if I did threaten to take your stuff, I would have to do a /me for it and even then if I was allowed to be corrupt I wouldn't be able to take other people's stuff. According to the rules, John Kingsman is in the wrong, again if intent was something that was considered at all in a report, I would not have been banned last month for Fear RP. Can we please get on with the sit and stop arguing over whether or not they meant to break a rule, they obviously did break the rules.

Dethn0te

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

DUDE. you cant report me if your in the wrong. I should of been recording too. this cop pulls up making threats being a minge. then stqartedd unlawfully handcuffing us . so I'm not going to deal with a fail cop. so I killed him. He didn't put his full recording on ban request .... why don't you put the part when u show up to when u died

The Chef

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

cop pulls up making threats being a minge.
Public Farming is illegal

then stqartedd unlawfully handcuffing us .
Threatened to murder me = valid reason for arrest

so I killed him.
Not a valid reason to kill someone, even if it was true, you should have made a report
He didn't put his full recording on ban request .... why don't you put the part when u show up to when u died
I handcuffed your friend because he threatened to murder me, I did ask you guys to finish what you are doing and pack up. http://plays.tv/video/59f482d57c884e803c/full-rdm-farmers
As I said before, there is no reason that witnesses should be taken into account to consider intent, if intent mattered I wouldn't have been banned for Fear RP last month. This is a pretty open an shut case, just read the rules to confirm that handcuffing a friend is not KOSable nor is it when you should resort to the 'last resort' as there was no need to.
That is from the moment I stepped out of my car

If your last resort is to try and invalidate my argument by saying I was being a minge, you better rethink it, I was engaging in valid RP by coming there to a public space, and telling public farmers that they cannot farm on public space.

The Chef

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

How come in the video you kept flashing your gun at them
Always stay on-topic. Don't start other discussions or arguments that are not relevant to that Ban Request.
It is not disallowed to hold a gun out as Cop, it is only for Security Guards and only when Mayor's life is in danger. If your strategy is to invalidate my argument by tearing apart my conduct in order to distract from the truth that your friend broke a rule, try harder.

Timorem1

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

im Jason Huntertz and my friend killed you because when you hand cuffed me he was allowed to attack you because it was initiation if you lnow so much about the rules you should have lknoen that your fried my dude your clearly a minge and you should stop breaking the rules for your own will your a fail cop.

The Chef

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

im Jason Huntertz and my friend killed you because when you hand cuffed me he was allowed to attack you because it was initiation
Negative, you are only allowed to kill if I threaten to kill you/snitch about your operation. Killing in Monolith is a last resort, as it states in the rules, and should only be done when all other foreseeable methods of RP are exhausted. In this case, you guys were defnintely in the wrong and should be punished. Bringing up FailRP on my behalf as a distraction to show that there is fault on both sides is a very poor choice as I did not commit FailRP, if you consider the Laws of Rockford created by Police Command Bryan1504, you could consider that me threatening to take the plants would be breaking the law however I am going to debunk those arguments before you even think of them:

3-1. Robbery: Forcefully, or threatening to forcefully take/attempt to take property of another against their will, in a violent manner.
This is invalid because you were farming on public property, the goods were public property, and everything you used except for the water inside your Watering Can is public property. Public Property means that the goods created on public property are wards of the owners of said public property i.e. the government, and as an enforcer of the law on behalf of the government of Rockford, those plants were technically my jurisdiction and you collecting them is an act of theft against the city.

5-1. Disturbing the Peace: Causing unnecessary stress or tension, using humiliating, abusive or threatening behavior, to other people in a public or private place.
This is invalid because I was on official duty when visiting you guys, as you were farming on public property, breaking the law. The behavior you can consider as threatening was me performing my official duty as a police officer for the city. @CloutMonster threatening to kill me violates this law and if I could have carried out the RP, he would have received a jail sentence of 2 years as per the Laws of Rockford.

4. It is an offence to provoke, create fear, or harass another person by threatening, abusive behavior or insulting words.
The behavior was not abusive as I was within the law to stop you guys from violating the law, insulting words is subjective as I did not officially advertise anything insulting, I did not create fear nor did I harass you guys based off the 'insults' you claimed at the start of the video upon arrival.

Anything else?

Aaron

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

deleted_user_574

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

It is clear to me that @Dethn0te killed as a first resort action. He did not attempt to roleplay the situation and risked his freedom as his friends sentence was most likely a small one. You were not unlawfully handcuffed as you were breaking the law.

@V. Roosevelt In future situations do not use the wording you did here. "I will be confiscating this plants" would be just fine.

A punishment will be given to @Dethn0te based on his record when I check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.