Deruta

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

I really wanted to know, but more from staff specifically, on the rule set determining MPD Tow.

When on duty as a MPD Tow, what exact activities from a regular (Taser Cop as it's the equivalent) can you do and not do. As it seems odd that Police Tow still has a set of cuffs/taser and the capability to Process someone for an arrest.

Even then, I've heard a very unsure response to this, and I don't know if it truly is disallowed to a chase, pull out suspects, or process people. Is it really just "Tow and do tow truck stuff"?

Al límite

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

In my opinion you have a taser for defense purposes like if someone was to attempt to attack you during a towing though they should not do so. And the cuffs would just be to detain the person that assaulted you. Though you would not prosess someone rather than call over a prison transport. Other than that your job is really just to tow cars and impound the cars.

Skojen

Community Manager
Community Manager
Recruitment Team
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Impound vehicles, give out vehicle related tickets, and be the support vehicle for MPD when their vehicles are in need of being towed for repairs.

That is all that you should do.

It's very simple.

Deruta

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

That was the part I was trying to avoid, as it just reiterates the whole you should/opinion aspect. Instead of the straight definitive answer that Police Tow would be by rules disallowed from such actions.

As Tyler stated, it's for protection, but Taser cops wouldn't be in a firefight, neither tow for their towing/ticketing job.

Then as Skojenmeister says, it should be dictated as the main job of Tow, and albeit that it's a "should do" item. Even then, I don't realistically see a "you can" or a "you can not". Defining that the MPD Tow is placed in a gray area against the rule board, and it's been put for an unsure interpretation for the job alone without regards to potential rule changing.

Including a potential factor that I don't believe Police Tow was even a think at a certain point of the previous map, or some time within our current, but I could be wrong.

Aside from all that, I'm still looking for that sweet release of info for the Yes, or No, for Police Authority for MPD Tow. Instead of you should do that, as a suggest reference. Unless Skojenmeister would like to reinstate that statement as a definitive answer to it all.

Opsprey

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Basically what Skojenmeister said but in more detail
1) Impound or ticket any illegally parked cars (usually cars blocking the street/abandoned cars in the road) Be careful tho because people usually are salty and will try to jump back in their cars when you have it attached (in this case don’t continue the tow and report the car/driver to PD, request a higher up to deal with the situation)
2) Police will usually request a tow for a suspect’s car after a pursuit or incident which you can respond to and impound the car
3) Help tow police cars on request to either the mechanic (for repairs) or PD garage
4) Call over radio any actual crimes for the police to handle. Do not involve yourself in situations outside your duties. If you see a crime going on, aim to just be a witness for the police (use radio)
5) You cannot chase, process criminals or in any way help to apprehend criminals. You can help to prosecute (if you are a witness you can give context/info to help prosecute the criminal)

things to keep in mind
-If you look over the rules you will see that as a tow truck driver you cannot be harmed or killed for impounding or ticketing a car (neither can you be harmed as “revenge”) If this happens you can make a report in game.
-you can not impound job vehicles, (taxis, food truck any vehicle you get on the job) in this case if the driver is arrested, tow it to the impound lot but leave it parked by the gas pumps outside the fence.
-The job is usually used as a stepping stone to become a police officer for you to get your police level up. However a police tow truck driver is always needed just make sure you type in gov chat that you are available so officers know to request you.