Scofield

Banned
Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Alright, so I need some advice on what to do here,
I have a close friend that is a girl (she has a bf) and lives 2 hours away from me, so we don't live in the same state. She invited me to a concert with her and 2 other school friends (who I haven't met before, and there was one guy and one girl). Before the concert, we went for a meal together, and when I reached the restaraunt, we sat down on the table, and I was taken aback about how attractive one of her friends were. Throughout the meal she was making solid eye contact and was giving a flirty vibe, and even during the concert. The next day I adder her on snapchat and started talking to her.
My main question is, how should I proceed from here, as we both live far away from each other? My idea was to go to the same college as her, but there is another issue. She is almost year older than me, as she is 18 and in senior year of high school, but I am still a junior. I am taking driving lessons and she has a car, so hopefully making the distance should be easier. Any advice on how to proceed?

SKuLLzSKiLLz

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Keep conversation going until you can drive then just ask if she wants to link sometime, don't ask until you have a reliable and sustainable method of transport. But bro, a f*ck is still a f*ck no matter what happens after that (the relationship deteriorating).

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

My idea was to go to the same college as her
That's a terrible idea, go to the college that gives you the most financial aid and has a good program for your degree. I almost made that decision myself

Bryce

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Never ever ever ever EVER base a big life decision, like going to college, after a girl. Ever. Just keep talking and see where it goes.

Valentino

Mentor
Mentor
Police Board
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I mean it really depends on what you're looking for. do you just want to fuck her? Do you just want to be friends? Or do you actually want a proper relationship? Anyway, whatever you want like many others have said do not go to the same college as her just for her. Also buddyro said long distance never works out, from my experience it can work out but both people have to honestly really love each other.

TL;DR I agree with mudjug. Just keep talking and see what happens.

TheXeno

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I think you should make sure to really get to know who she is first. Maybe you learn some things down the line that you just don't like. I tend to find that simply just taking some time before you get into anything serious with someone you really develop an understanding of who they are, sometimes the first time meeting someone you get those strong feelings but sometimes when those feelings fade you realize you really aren't that interested in that person. Also never ever base a huge life decision on something so new. Realtionships end more than they last. It would really suck to waste the time and money on something that doesn't work out and you might be left in a college alone that you just hate and we're only there for them. Hope this helps.

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

My girlfriend is set on going to the same college as me. I was looking at Drexel U. and she wants to go there but hasn’t even taken the SAT yet and we’re both seniors in high school. Never. Never ever make a college or life decision based on an SO or even a girlfriend or “thing.” It’s not good in the long run if something ends up happening. Sure, if you like her, talk to her.

TheXeno

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

She has a boyfriend but she's being flirty with you? That sounds problematic if you end up getting her, who's to say she won't do the same to you.
His good friend has a bf, not the girl hes interested in.

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

She has a boyfriend but she's being flirty with you? That sounds problematic if you end up getting her, who's to say she won't do the same to you.
Do you even read? God.

Folganas

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

What I can suggest is be yourself, show who you are, keep talking to her, tell her about how your day was and ask her how her day was. I wish you the best bro ;) Oh and most of all, if this doesn't work out don't blame yourself there is always someone out there looking for you.

Bryce

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Im coming back to this because its had me thinking since you posted it....
When I first started on monolith, I was set irl. I was working as an Emergency Service Officer (I was an armed security officer who doubled as a client accounts firefighter and EMT). I LOVED my job beyond belief and it paid great. I was working overnights but that wasnt so bad, 7 on 7 off schedule. It was an absolute dream. My wife and I were already married at that time and in April she got homesick. She wanted to move back to where we are now so she could be around her family again. She told me either I came with her or shes leaving me. To this day, no matter how much it pains me to think about, I thoroughly believe I should have taken the divorce. Life has been miserable ever since I got here and I can never go back to that job again. It was an incredibly difficult job to recruit for and I left with no notice. As it is, you guys and this server are one of the few joys I was able to bring with me from my old life but I will always heavily regret leaving home. Point is, doing what the heart wants and doing what is smart are two different things. There is a chance that, if you make that sort of move, you may not be as happy as you would think and coming back to things the way they are may not be an option. Dont make my mistake and make an impulse decision, and certainly dont leave what has always made you happy for something that just started making you happy.

Scofield

Banned
Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

When I first started on monolith, I was set irl. I was working as an Emergency Service Officer (I was an armed security officer who doubled as a client accounts firefighter and EMT). I LOVED my job beyond belief and it paid great. I was working overnights but that wasnt so bad, 7 on 7 off schedule. It was an absolute dream. My wife and I were already married at that time and in April she got homesick. She wanted to move back to where we are now so she could be around her family again. She told me either I came with her or shes leaving me. To this day, no matter how much it pains me to think about, I thoroughly believe I should have taken the divorce. Life has been miserable ever since I got here and I can never go back to that job again. It was an incredibly difficult job to recruit for and I left with no notice. As it is, you guys and this server are one of the few joys I was able to bring with me from my old life but I will always heavily regret leaving home. Point is, doing what the heart wants and doing what is smart are two different things. There is a chance that, if you make that sort of move, you may not be as happy as you would think and coming back to things the way they are may not be an option. Dont make my mistake and make an impulse decision, and certainly dont leave what has always made you happy for something that just started making you happy.
Thanks Tyler, I appreciate your advice. No matter what we here at monolith will always be there for you as well

TheXeno

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I hope everything is still going okay in the marriage?

twinkie

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

i am a married man at 25 years of age. yes 25. LONG DISTANCE DOESN'T WORK IN HIGH SCHOOL. I mean it all depends on maturity of both parties but almost all high schoolers never work out. My wife and i were able to hold a long distance relationship for 7 months when we were both 22ish. But i had known here since i was 14 and thats a big reason why it worked out. Now theres no harm in talking but a relationship might be too soon tbh. But that being said if i was in your situation id say fuck the old guy im gonna peruse her and nothing wrong with that. Later down the road you will remember this comment and be like damn he was right lol. I hope im wrong but gl anyways