Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Aziel
Your SteamID: 76561198040895635
Your Character Name: Aziel Boshog

Target Steam Name: Runner_11 [SAC]
Target SteamID: 76561197971758401
Target Character Name (if known): Tony Smalls

Request Reason: Petty arrest and false demotion without any prior warning or strikes.

Here's the incident: I encountered an individual stabbing the air with a knife, and to stop him, I used a taser. Shortly after, another individual, referred to as Runner, arrived, handcuffed the perpetrator, and took him away. I simply requested Runner to exercise leniency and release the individual, but he refused. Later, I inquired via radio about the duration of the arrest, only to learn that the individual was given a five-minute sentence for merely stabbing the air. Subsequently, I was demoted without any previous strikes from a supervisor or even a single warning.

When did the situation occur?: 2024-04-03
Your evidence to support your claim: https://streamable.com/6genp8
Additional members involved/witnessing: A lot of people but the video is enough.

Randy3671

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hellmagus

Monolith Pleb
Awards
LV

I was with him at the time of the demotion and witnessed the incident.
I can conclude only that Aziel did not received any strikes and he was just demoted straight away and runner_11 (chief) did not talked to him at the gunstore neither at the pd about the demotion or about the man in jail.

I don't know if it was dealt with already, but I do know that his job cooldown has been removed by a staff member

Last edited:

Randy3671

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

@Hellmagus thank you for this, I am Still waiting for runner to respond

ChasingOctane

Mentor
Mentor
Police Board

Years of Mono

LV

In my professional opinion, it appears the video sent in was trimmed to specifically give bias to one party as it doesn't show the entire incident as it is described by aziel.

runner11

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

@Hellmagus thank you for this, I am Still waiting for runner to respond
Hello Randy,

Aziel was demoted because he failed to act within his duty when someone was brandishing a knife with intent to harm. Aziel did taze the suspect but deemed it not neccessary to act after that. After the suspect did not put his weapon away he was cuffed and arrested by myself. (SS4.1.1.) Aziel continued to argue about said incident(insubordinate), another reason for his demotion. During his times as an officer he also mentioned multiple times that I am corrupt and often likes to say that a lot in order to start an argument or cause chaos by gaslighting. I mentioned to him a few times before that if he continued to argue there would be consequences, althought they are not in the video clip. After he asked about the time the person got he continued to question my actions and had a dis-pleasant attitude. After he was demoted I talked to Supreme and agreed to give him one more chance. As soon as he got on another job with access to PD radio he immediately tried to argue again and be unpleasant .
Given his history with his own words and actions I felt he needed to take a break and rejoin when he was ready to be a team player. Aziel Likes to think that he is the own judge of the law and will only follow the rules he deems necessary, his own words in a recent conversation were very revealing "If I do something and no one complains or cares at all it should not be an issue in my opinion" He believes his actions and the actions of other bare no consequences unless he deems them worthy, in spite of game rules and laws. This attitude is a core reason behind his actions that day and a reason I deemed him worthy of demotion. I did allow a second chance after talking with Supreme. I know I warned him once. At the time there were a lot of calls going on and I did not want to continue arguing and have it be a distraction when we had a lot of active situation going on. I will let you all judge my actions in game and will await your decision.

Thank you,
Tony Smalls

ChasingOctane

Mentor
Mentor
Police Board

Years of Mono

LV

Both parties have replied, this thread is being  LOCKED to prevent clutter, and forwarded to Internal Affairs. Thank you all for your input and honesty.

Regards,
Preston Speziale, MDPS

ChasingOctane

Mentor
Mentor
Police Board

Years of Mono

LV

I was asked to handle this with the powers invested in me, and in which doing so I will remain unbiased and fair to both parties, ruling as judgement sees fit for either and/or both parties.

Upon review, I find the arrest that Runner made was valid for "Brandishing a Weapon". As well as Aziel's right to exercise leniency although questionable in this circumstance. Runner, the superior, had the right to overrule you and perform the arrest.

The demotion made by Runner was valid, but not necessarily warranted and in my opinion, not needed at the time based on the evidence supplied. However, seemed more fitting given what is stated about the aftermath of the situation.

To quote a statement made by Vice Chair Travis, "If people are minging on cop or just causing trouble feel free just to demote them on the spot" and your pushback could have been perceived as causing trouble/insubordination. If I'm reading the report correctly, you were given a second chance after your demotion and you continued to be insubordinate and give pushback to your superiors.

I rule with the power designated to me by IA, that NEITHER PARTY is inherently in the wrong. No punishment will be issued to @runner11 however, he will be watched for any further infractions that may happen.

@Aziel, I am concluding this report with my verdict ruled in favor of neither party. Your time to make this report is appreciated as we want the Police department to be a pleasant and enjoyable experience for all who play monolith. Thank you.

Do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions, comments, or concerns about the ruling of this verdict. Do so on discord ChasingOctane or via my email. [email protected]

Best Wishes,
Preston Speziale, Vice Chair of Operations, MDPS

Status
Not open for further replies.