Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: SmokenChicken
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:508705385
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Jon Samuel

Admin being reported: (Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @SCOTTISH

Reason for Report: I was a police sergeant, setting up a choke point where I would attempt to stop ongoing pursuits with spikes. SCOTTISH pulled up in his charger, I assumed he was just a normal player. He made no attempt to signify who he was, besides just some backseat moderator, which I had assumed he was at the time. I placed down my spike strip (will come back to this point later on), and SCOTTISH walked up and tried to tell me that it was not allowed. Again, I had assumed he was just a troll, trying to obstruct my checkpoint to avoid an inconvenience for himself, or possibly a backseat moderator. I disregarded what he was saying as I was going to take many precautions to make it so that the spikes were VERY visible, and ALWAYS retracted unless a pursuit came by. Granted he was correct about what occurred next, I ignored what he was saying for the reasons stated above. Before I could place a traffic cone in front of it to warn people it was there, a car hit it. I had literally no time to do anything about it, regardless, SCOTTISH deleted the spikes before I could pick them up, and only then did I know that he was a staff member. Before I could explain myself, one, why they were there and two, that they would be extremely visible as well as not extended into the road, he drove off, rendering my checkpoint useless to the many pursuits that were in the area.

Time of Occurrence: 7:13 PM

Evidence to support your claim:

Additional members involved/witnessing: None

Dobarion

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Hey @SmokedCheddar ,

At the arrival behind you, I informed before the video I noticed that you had placed a road sign just like the one displayed at the start of your video. I saw your spike strip placed down, I informed you that you cannot leave your spikes strips there as there is no clear identification or reason to put them down. As a result of you placing your spike stips down on a highway bridge many vehicles pass by in which one did, while you were not facing the bridge location a vehicle drove by and lost all their tires on the right-hand side of their vehicle which is why I told you to remove them. In which you didn't do so and as a result of your carelessness a citizens vehicle was spiked without reason. @SmokedCheddar You made the statement you had no time to respond to my request and you ignored it, therefore you are being careless while on duty as a Law Enforcement Officer. Due to your actions, you caused a vehicle incident and you ignored advice by a citizen that was clearly concerned, and in the result of not supervising your spike strips and unnecessary placing them they were taken by me as I said and destroyed ( aka removed ) due to the situation that it is the main highway bridge in which many vehicles pass by as not responding to this immediately would cause chaos and future to point to you being careless while attempted to run a "choke point".

Finally, from reading upon your statement made in the staff report against myself you also have changed your decision on whether it is a "choke point" or "checkpoint". I can see your point of view on the situation, but in the perspective of myself you were not listening to advice and you had enough time to remove the spike stripes to then place your cones or barriers near it which you did not. And as mentioned by myself, your spike stripes were removed to prevent any unnecessary actions that can affect players due to a reckless and careless action of a Law Enforcement Officer but sadly you affected another player's roleplay by leaving the spike stripes placed down in which they more likely had to repair.

SmokenChicken

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Hi SCOTTISH
So what I was planning was a checkpoint at a choke point, sorry I didn't make that clear in the initial response. Also, to clarify, the vehicle that passed hit my RETRACTED spikes, therefore as you stated it lost the passenger side set of tires. If I may also add, my whole construction of the checkpoint was not completed, as there was going to be a cone there to signify that the spikes were sitting there. Granted I probably should have put the cone first, and also granted this may not disarm the "carelessness" argument, I believe this was my only display of, as you have put, "carelessness."

The Reason for the spikes were the high amount of chases happening across the city. My idea was to set up spikes at this "choke point" by setting up a checkpoint, with, may I add, retracted spikes until a chase happened to show up. As for not responding to your request, I will stress this again, I had assumed you were just attempting to hinder my efforts, therefore I deemed it unimportant, given that you didn't reveal/portray yourself as anyone of authority.

Dobarion

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

@SmokedCheddar

Regarding the situation at hand:

If I may also add, my whole construction of the checkpoint was not completed
the vehicle that passed hit my RETRACTED spikes, therefore as you stated it lost the passenger side set of tires
was going to be a cone there to signify that the spikes were sitting there

As stated by myself and confirmed by you, in this situation you provided a poor judgement of your creation of a "checkpoint" and placed detracted spikes on the highway bright, despite them being retracted they can still puncture vehicle tires if driven over. The placement of the spikes was also fairly close to the inner centre where a vehicle tire would drive over. Your "checkpoint" was not completed, therefore you shouldn't have placed any item which could issue damage or restraint towards an oncoming vehicle.

I will stress this again, I had assumed you were just attempting to hinder my efforts, therefore I deemed it unimportant, given that you didn't reveal/portray yourself as anyone of authority.
As mentioned by you, you "assumed" I was attempted to hinder your "set up" of a traffic checkpoint which the only purpose was to spike vehicle due to an increase in a crime apparently which was a careless action as stated by myself before. Due to the situation, I didn't intend to ruin my own roleplay while advising you that your action was going to cause an incident, and as mentioned by myself your spikes strips were taken as they were unsupervised, not clearly visible, dangerous, pointless at that construction moment.

The report in which you made against me, in my opinion, doesn't seem clear of the main reasoning in which you are reporting me as a staff member for and based of your choice of language you clearly are upset or aggravated by this situation. And you clearly made a poor decision in which had to be acted on as it would have caused a further issue if no immediate action would have taken place. Bear in mind, if I hadn't stepped in and quickly dealt with that situation and left this would have put you in a predicament as if another player or the player you spiked reports you, you could have received punishable action whereas I just simply removed the spike strips to avoid any other incidents.

- @PMX : Server Management or higher will respond soon of a response based on this situation.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Under review.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Without video evidence, it is impossible for me to see wether the spike strips were interfering with everyone else's roleplay experience, in a negative way. However, I would like to state a few things:
  • You must be careful when placing down spike strips and building police checkpoints, so that you do not make it unfair towards people that need to pass through the checkpoints. We receive reports regarding "fail checkpoints" and "being spiked for no reason" pretty often;
  • Leaving checkpoints unattended is not an option, unless it does not disturb traffic in a negative way. If there are spike strips placed down, there needs to always be someone near them, in order to open/close them if needed;
  • If there was the need for immediate action, due to you not following what I mentioned above, SCOTTISH was allowed to tell you to remove the spike strips and remove them himself, should you fail to comply. In this situation, it is important to state you are a staff member and deal with the situation accordingly.
I do not see the need to take further action.
Staff report denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.