Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambsauce

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I currently have the following specs, I am considering purchasing a second GPU purchased my current rig can be found here -->
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
Memory: 8 GB RAM (7.97 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Would it be worth purchasing a second GTX 1060 3gb?

Ice

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Pretty sure 1060's can't be SLIed.

OTXKU

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Depends on what you’re really planning on using it for, I’d say in my personal opinion by getting a second GPU you’d be bottlenecking your system because of how little RAM you have.

I’d first look into upgrading your RAM to 16 or 32 GB before even beginning to glance at getting a new GPU, because if I’m not mistaken the AMD FX-8350 runs base 4.0Ghz base clock, and that’s pretty damn impressive on its own, not to mention if it’s the Black Box edition you can OC it to about 4.3 to 4.5 Ghz depending on how risky you’re feeling. i would also highly consider getting a liquid cooling kit for that AMD, that chipset is very widely known for running bitchtons of hot, so maybe an H80i or an H100i from Corsair. But then again. This is afterall just my opinion, and I don’t know what you’re using that second card for, but for now this is my suggestion. :/

TL;DR Don’t get a second card. Upgrade your RAM first and OC your processor if plausible.

deleted_user_574

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

As ice stated the GTX 1060 doesn't support SLI

And like OTXKU stated it depends on what you will be using it for but do keep in mind that not all games support the usage of two graphics cards in SLI mode. I believe this is true for Garry's Mod and maybe all source engine games but for other games it will work for them. I may be completely wrong about that I am not sure

Lambsauce

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

As ice stated the GTX 1060 doesn't support SLI

And like OTXKU stated it depends on what you will be using it for but do keep in mind that not all games support the usage of two graphics cards in SLI mode. I believe this is true for Garry's Mod and maybe all source engine games but for other games it will work for them.
It's possible if I run it in LDA mode.

@OTXKU I am upgrading my ram to 64 in about a month, that's for certain.

Regarding the cooling, I bought a pre-built gaming PC so I don't know if I could integrate a liquid radiator.

deleted_user_574

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Regarding the cooling, I bought a pre-built gaming PC so I don't know if I could integrate a liquid radiator

Get your case specs and compare them to the sizes of the radiator you want. You will just have to find a mount on your case that matches the specs of the radiator.

Ice

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

It's possible if I run it in LDA mode.

@OTXKU I am upgrading my ram to 64 in about a month, that's for certain.

Regarding the cooling, I bought a pre-built gaming PC so I don't know if I could integrate a liquid radiator.
Just go on pc part picker and see which parts are compatible with your build
https://pcpartpicker.com

Status
Not open for further replies.