Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Who?
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:147531782
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Dixie Santos

Admin being reported( Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @Killjoy445

Reason for Report: He handles sits unprofessionally and clearly doesn't understand the rules
Time of Occurrence: Weeks ago
Evidence to support your claim:

In this clip this also clearly shows his lack of knowledge of the rules, It clearly states in general rule #6 that "We do not tolerate derogatory slurs towards any group of people, such as racism, homophobia etc., within the community - especially Out-Of-Character. Your in-game character may be offensive to a certain degree HOWEVER, once players feel uncomfortable you have to stop immediately. Be observant and considerate. Things like the N-word and other ethnic slurs are never acceptable - neither Out-Of-Character nor In-Character." In the recording you can see that this guy says the n word 2x and was not punished for it.

In the next clip, you can see him bringing people to sit at random without saying anything or checking to see if I was in Roleplay or driving or anything. He did this once before when I was raiding a base and he brought me to a sit. Unfortunately, I don't have video of it, but that incident nearly cost me the entire raid.

You can see the guy pointing a gun at me in this video, which would give me KOS because he was threatening my life, which would be a valid reason to kill him. When I did, I was taken to a sit, and the person I killed claimed that I had RDMED him despite the fact that he had pointed a gun at me, and Killjoy could be seen in the back. He also lied during the sit, claiming that the man only pointed the gun at me for a split second, which is completely false. The entire sit is shown in these two clips.

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/85RIBJhcZtl25/d13379c3xXOT?invite=cr-MSxmb2wsMzYwODIwMzIs 1

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/862DC-H8gvmGM/d1337uvY0mfW?invite=cr-MSxXNHosMzYwODIwMzIs 2

You can tell he doesn't know how to be a staff member and doesn't know the rules very well. I understand the entire staff's disrespect, but it was minor, and I mostly said it because I was frustrated at how unprofessionally he takes sits.

Additional members involved/witnessing:
Read, understood and followed staff report rules?:yes

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Do not reply to reports you are not involved in.
<This message was removed by a Forum Moderator.>

Last edited by a moderator:

Killjoy445

Years of Mono

LV

Sorry for not replying to this, I honestly forgot about this post entirely. For your first clip, the guy was explaining something and he was not being racist in any regard, as soon as he said "My N***a was on the roof and saw the whole thing." You started to interrupt him saying "OMG he said tN-worded you fucking idiot." but you lack that part of the video, He was not being racist because if you googled simply what racism was you would know that.

In your second clip, I was a first-week temp mod and still getting the hand of some key elements, I'm used to if you bring someone they are usually standing. The, if you in a car thing is new to me. You cut the part where I apologized to you when you were revived.

And for your third clip, I was recording and caught that whole encounter, I gave that video to PMX directly.

You know the rules but you use them at face value to make your claim stand. I brought you to multiple sits and you tried to control the conversation and I wouldn't let you, you retaliate with "shut the fuck up" " You are retarded" etc... I am not going to remain "professional" to you anymore when you disrespect me, everyone is afforded respect from me until you take it away. This is not my job, I am a volunteer of the community like all other staff, which means I'm a member of the community as well, you are afforded the same amount of professionalism as anyone is garry's mod. I don't have to be a store clerk and take your disrespect then with a smile, give you what you want. What's frustrating is that you treat other people and staff like that in then come on here with a holier than thou attitude.

Neko.

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Sorry for not replying to this, I honestly forgot about this post entirely. For your first clip, the guy was explaining something and he was not being racist in any regard, as soon as he said "My N***a was on the roof and saw the whole thing." You started to interrupt him saying "OMG he said tN-worded you fucking idiot." but you lack that part of the video, He was not being racist because if you googled simply what racism was you would know that.

general rule no.6 states
"We do not tolerate derogatory slurs towards any group of people, such as racism, homophobia etc., within the community - especially Out-Of-Character. Your in-game character may be offensive to a certain degree HOWEVER, once players feel uncomfortable you have to stop immediately. Be observant and considerate. Things like the N-word and other ethnic slurs are never acceptable - neither Out-Of-Character nor In-Character."

DevulTj

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

Locked & under review.

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

I'll take the clips one at a time, that seems the easiest.

In this clip this also clearly shows his lack of knowledge of the rules, It clearly states in general rule #6 that "We do not tolerate derogatory slurs towards any group of people, such as racism, homophobia etc., within the community - especially Out-Of-Character. Your in-game character may be offensive to a certain degree HOWEVER, once players feel uncomfortable you have to stop immediately. Be observant and considerate. Things like the N-word and other ethnic slurs are never acceptable - neither Out-Of-Character nor In-Character." In the recording you can see that this guy says the n word 2x and was not punished for it.
He says the n-word, that isn't allowed that is correct.
In that situation whichever staff member had the sit should simply inform the person that using the n-word on the server regardless of context, is not allowed.
It wasn't used in a targeted or hateful way as far as I can hear in the clip and doesn't warrant an immediate ban. That would be disproportionate in my opinion. Now the clip doesn't really show if @Killjoy445 address the use of the n-word with the guy in the clip, since the video ends 4 seconds after the word was uttered.
I will have a conversation with @Killjoy445 to make sure that it was handled and that he is aware of what to do with those situations. I don't see the need for further action.
In the next clip, you can see him bringing people to sit at random without saying anything or checking to see if I was in Roleplay or driving or anything. He did this once before when I was raiding a base and he brought me to a sit. Unfortunately, I don't have video of it, but that incident nearly cost me the entire raid.
Uh, I don't really see the huge issue with this. I've done it myself countless times. It happens, you get your health set back and alternatively revived if necessary.
Yes, staff should check to see if people are pre-occupied but it can slip ones mind, I'm talking from personal experience here. I'm sure that @Killjoy445 will keep in mind in the future to check if people are in raids before teleporting if its not urgent.

You can see the guy pointing a gun at me in this video, which would give me KOS because he was threatening my life, which would be a valid reason to kill him. When I did, I was taken to a sit, and the person I killed claimed that I had RDMED him despite the fact that he had pointed a gun at me, and Killjoy could be seen in the back. He also lied during the sit, claiming that the man only pointed the gun at me for a split second, which is completely false. The entire sit is shown in these two clips.
I'm gonna comment on the sit videos here as well.

I will start out with saying that @Neko. is correct in the interpretation of rule 2.2.2
The rule is with regards to how you can respond to verbal insults from other players in a proportional manner.

With that out of the way, lets deal with the actual matter of the sit and the reason for it.
Assuming that the clip the reporting party provided shows the full story of what happened at the bank, I would have made the same decision as @Killjoy445 of having the weapon being returned and the situation voided. Further punishment no necessary.

My reasoning for this being that you were both in layer 1 bank with class 3's out just waving them about, so my assumption is that players were either showing them to each other, trading or moving attachments around.
In the clip provided by @Neko. another player is standing at the teller with a weapon equipped and aimed. @Neko. himself has a weapon equipped and drawn, not aimed.
The aiming player only turns around once he is addressed by @Neko. which is understandable, who wouldn't turn around when someone verbalises something in regards to ones actions.
The killing itself isn't shown in the video, but as I can gather, the killing took place in the bank also.
The reason I agree with @Killjoy445 and would have returned the weapon, is that there clearly was no intent to threaten or harm anyone in that clip, and it seems that the few seconds that the weapon was trained in @Neko. direction was simply used as a very thin excuse to gain a free weapon by technically operating within the rules.

TLDR: the sit could have been handled better, no argument there, but I agree with the general outcome of it. I'll talk to @Killjoy445 about what he could have done different and where there is room for improvement, but I do not believe that further action is required for now.
In the future, if you disagree with a staff-member in a sit, simply do as they ask and contact a higher up to avoid creating issues for yourself by complicating the situation.

Staff report concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.