LV

Your Steam Name: Valdrec
Your Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:42437591
Your Character Name (If Applicable):
Jimmy Longfellow

Admin being reported:
@Ali

Reason for Report:
Improper conduct, false enforcement of rules, turning a blind eye to rulebreaking, improper closing of reports.
Time of Occurrence: 12:29-12:32 UST
Evidence to support your claim:
Chat logs from that time:

Ali has teleported to Valdrec.
[00:30] Mike Field says "HENLO."
[00:31] Mike Field says "10:50:23 AM - Transactions - Soap - Josephi Krakawski (STEAM_0:1:124275157) took item: Glock 18 from a container owned by Vald."
8B1T has teleported to Soap.
[00:31] Mike Field says "To be honest, it was nearly a minute."
[00:31] Mike Field says "So he could have taken it."
[00:31] Josephi Krakawski says "Still i wanted the backpick."
[00:31] Josephi Krakawski says "Backpack."

Additional members involved/witnessing: @Lawn mower And although not witnessing, ultimately resolved what Ali had left open @Major Lorne(Pmx)

Don't ban pls

Outside GM Motors, I spawned my trusty van, the SS Booty. (Bright Green GMC SAVANNA), but something was irregular with the map, akin to an earthquake, and my Van was sent flying into me, instantly killing me.
Figuring that this was not a normal situation, I did the appropriate thIng and made a !report:

Luckily for me, the EMS Director at the time, George Mccoy, was on scene fast enough to revive me, and as I stood up, coughed, and said "Oh that's my stuff there." Joseph Krawkawski ran up to the bag that was at my feet, and grabbed the item inside, all the while, me and the good Doctor were telling him to
"come back" and "You can't just take that."
Joseph seemed unperturbed by such moral quandaries, and made a B-line straight for the bank teller, to deposit it, at which point I made a second report:
"Valdrec: Jospeh Krawkawski mingegrabbed my Deagle and then banked it"

Typically, I carry a a Deagle, but in this instance I was carrying a Glock. A small error on my part.
Initially it isn't clear which staff member takes the sit, as I seem to be talking to one staff member before Ali swooped in. I tried to explain that he stole it right from under my feet, but Ali is very quick to dismiss it, saying that it had been a minute timer, allowed Josphie to keep the mingegrabbed gun, and quickly flew out of the area, taking him with him, not formally ending the sit.

I waited for some time.

Eventually I met Joseph again in a sit, and @Major Lorne(Pmx) made it clear that Josephie should have done /me, and that @Ali was wrong to handle the sit in that way, and returned my weapon.

I feel that Ali was incredibly unprofessional, and it almost seemed as though his intent was to let this player get away with breaking the rule. He spent no time listening to anyone at the scene, and ultimately it had to be fixed by another staff member in a separate sit.

Ali

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

You never explained to me the actual situation. I claimed both reports as they were by you, and saw you were revived so I closed the death report.

As you made a second report, I responded to find out that, had there been two situations, Soap had not mingegrabbed as it was after 55 seconds or so, which is extremely close to the minute timer, and there was no active fight. You never told me that the two situations were connected, instead telling me and insisting that it was stolen under your feet and nothing else.

Had you explained that your death was wrong, I would have had your gun returned and would not have made any further actions as there is no way of knowing that your death was false.

So yes, I place the blame on you for making a separate report for the same situation, rather than making an addition saying your gun was mingegrabbed. You also failed to clarify that it was the same situation even after I told you that there was a minute between your death and him picking the gun up.

Of course I would never intend for a rule breaker to escape without punishment, but you failed to clarify to me that the situations were the same. You could have also made an attempt to contact me and clarify this misunderstanding, but you chose to contact another admin instead, to whom I am guessing you made the misunderstanding clear.

Lastly, I explained the minute-wait rule in the report, and closed it, as you still made NO effort to clarify that it was under one situation.

Sincerely,
Ali

Last edited:

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

You never explained to me the actual situation.

From the logs:

Report 1:
12:28:44 AM
Valdrec: My own car deployed funny and killed me

12:30:11 AM
Ali: I have claimed the report

12:32:17 AM
Ali: I have closed the report

Report 2:
12:29:48 AM
Valdrec: Jospeh Krawkawski mingegrabbed my Deagle and then banked it

12:30:07 AM
Ali: I have claimed the report

12:32:18 AM
Ali: I have closed the report

Note if you will, the timestamps.
Report 1 was one minute and four seconds after the first one. In this time I have been knocked over, made a report, revived, and made a second report.

Note if you will, the accept times on the reports.
Within four seconds, you accepted both reports.

And lastly, note the time elapsed between opening two reports, and closing them.
From the first accept (12:30:07 AM) to the final closure. (12:32:18 AM) there have been a total of two minutes and eleven seconds.

I ask you. If you did not receive my "actual explanation", Why were these reports closed so quickly?
If you did not know these reports were connected, Why did you not ask? Why did you not check the time submitted?

It is my belief that you mishandled the situation by rushing it, and the logs would seem to corroborate that.
Furthermore you failed to mention that a /me is required.

Ali

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

You may not loot a corpse during a gunfight if you are not directly involved in that situation.

Lootbags may be looted by uninvolved parties after a minimum of 60 seconds after the gunfight.

Police are allowed to confiscate illegal belongings of these corpses, regardless of their involvement.

These are in looting rules. There is no /me requirement.

I closed the reports because you didn't explain it and I concluded the second as not a mingegrab. I didn't connect the two.

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

As per @Major Lorne(Pmx) during the sit quoted the rule

[2.6] FailRP

1. You may not steal items from other players without performing a /me. Instantly stealing money that another player dropped in a transaction is forbidden. Instead do a /me of stealing it and give the player(s) time to react.

Ali

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

We have both been informed by @Dirty Harry that the rule does not apply to loot bags. This will be made more clear in the rules but it still applies here.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

If you make a report about you dying due to a bug or mistake - and we see in the logs that you were revived by a paramedic - then there is no reason for us to investigate this case any further as the report is automatically resolved with your revival. I see nothing wrong here.

The rule about you not being allowed to pick up items for at least 60 seconds after the lootback dropped is only a orientation. This is to prevent players from instantly rushing towards lootbacks without staff or third parties having time to interfere. Claiming the loot after ~55 seconds is therefore no problem and not punishable. Again, I see nothing wrong here.

Lootbacks do not fall under rule [2.6] FailRP, Section 4.
You may not steal items from other players without performing a /me. Instantly stealing money that another player dropped in a transaction is forbidden. Instead do a /me of stealing it and give the player(s) time to react.
A clarification about this in the rules will be made shortly.

Report denied.

Reactions: Ali
Status
Not open for further replies.