peepeesuck7

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Kakarot
Your Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:141330911
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Kame Hameha

Admin being reported( Tag by writing @ before their forum name) @SCOTTISH

Reason for Report: Targeted punishment towards younger player/Unwillingness to investigate situation
Time of Occurrence: 5/4/2020 PST Early Morning
Evidence to support your claim:

Additional members involved/witnessing: @Mazen
Read, understood and followed staff report rules?:

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

Can you write out what you are reporting and not rely on a 13 minute video? Not everyone has the time or bandwith for that.

peepeesuck7

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I got blacklisted today (and had my appeal denied) for shooting a cop who was actively trying to detain me, and admitted to having an encounter where I ran away previously in his own player report. The player in mention who reported me had pulled me over minutes prior for simply having a holster equipped, saying that I didn't have a gun license. I lied to him and said I only had a holster, which then he started to ask me for more info and I drove off, not wanting to have to buy another one of the revolvers I favor using to a geared up officer. I eventually escaped and ran to the bank to depo some items I had been holding onto, when my friend happened to be there for a different reason and we started to chat and talk about stuff before walking outside. Another cop relayed our location to the player who was pursing me/reported me and within seconds he arrived on the scene, took no time to properly park and drifted into us ready to draw his weapon and detain us. Just as I assumed and just as what is shown in the video the player provided. I then pulled out my revolver and shot the cop who was brought onto the scene, not wanting to have to sit in jail nor lose my pistol, and then quickly turned around to take down the other officer who pulled out a UMP-45 and opened fire upon me. Some time after this instance, me and my friend both received 2 day weapons blacklists for RDM.

Before I get onto the portion pertaining to my friend, I want to explain the reasons why I KNOW I am not deserving of any of the punishment dealt out.

To start off, Scottish accuses me of copbaiting simply because of the fact I made myself present in front of an officer with a holster/pistol when I was doing nothing more than trying to get back to my car from the drug dealer under the bridge. Not only was the revolver I had on me not equipped onto my person, but I was in a car and incapable of using it without hopping out, risking being detained and searched. Also, if I was making an attempt to copbait for the frags as you're accusing me of doing, then why did I successfully run away from the player reporting me initially and make no attempt to interact with him until he was called to my location? Your accusations are inconsistent with what I know happened, and even with what is present in the video.

Secondly, he responded in the denial to my appeal that the actions I took were drastic, and that I could've simply ran away from the situation rather than shooting the cop. Not only were there 2 cops ready on the scene with primary weapons to stop any attempt I could make from driving away, but the officer I fired upon initially I had literally RAN AWAY FROM amidst being pulled over. Not only that, but there was conspiracy that I had an unregistered firearm. At that point, it was either I make an attempt to kill the threats, or be shot down in my car and arrested for a lengthy time for my crimes. Even in the video provided by the player who reported me, he was a literal keystroke away from equipping his M4 and detaining me before I shot him, validating the fact that I had genuine intuition on the context of the situation. Even if the player who reported me had no intention to detain me, that would be failRP on his end because he would be actively refusing to detain me or dish out any attempt of punishment for fleeing being pulled over with conspiracy of having an illegal firearm.

Another massive mistake here and evidence that literally no time was taken to analyze the situation was the fact that my friend, who both in the video the PLAYER provided and in the logs, had no weapon and only made an attempt to run away from the police I was fighting. Under no just circumstances should he have been punished with a weapons blacklist, but lazy investigation and bad judgement led to this anyway. My friend's blacklist was eventually lifted, but instantly replaced by 2 warning points leading to a ban for FTVL. In my opinion, this seemed extremely biased and aimed at giving him a punishment regardless of his actions in the situation. The report mentioned didn't even involve him in any way, but it was spotted that he was involved and he was quickly punished along with me for something he didn't do. Upon providing video evidence, again he was disagreed with and told that he made an attempt to FTVL by blocking the officer's bullets in the fight. Not only was he pinched between 2 guns firing at each other in the video, but his car was entirely blocked by 2 others in the parking lot, so trying to drive off was the least rational decision any innocent bystander could've made given that situation (all clearly shown in video as well). Not only this, but he staggered in front of the officer for a literal few frames before bolting the opposite direction, not even taking an ounce of damage from either me or the officer.

The issue I derived from this along with the unjust punishment, was the fact that Scottish somehow "investigated" and found him guilty of RDM, even though he is literally visible in the provided clips for literal FRAMES, but didn't jump to the more obvious possible offense which would've been FTVL nor stack it on top of the blacklist he received initially, making it look like scraping up reasons to punish him after his initial attempt didn't succeed. If he had actually investigated, my friend wouldn't have been punished for RDM, nor would I have a blacklist for any of the actions I decided to take.

This entire situation seems ridiculously biased and I feel neither me nor him were deserving of any punishment received, regardless of his being lifted after the fact of proving to Scottish he was innocent leaving no steady foundation for further contesting. The investigation efforts that seemed to go into this seemed little to none, and it almost seems as if he just glanced over the video for a mere few seconds and punished whoever he saw present rather than actually putting in the effort he's responsible for to make sure just punishments are laid out. Either that or all of this was done in an effort to intentionally target either mazen or both of us, because I can't see any other player reacting differently to the way we did shown in the video evidence.

If you or any other staff members find the time to watch my video, I highly recommend you do that rather than base your decision off of this text alone. I voice my points much more clearly when actually talking and provided visuals of everything to compound it all.

Last edited:

Dobarion

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Regarding your Staff Report of myself,

You have reported me for "targeted punishment towards younger player/unwillingness to investigate situation" which is an absurd claim, as a staff member I deal with many different situations whilst in-game and not, I do not know the demographics of all the users I deal with and the same applies here; I do not know either user apart of this situation that was issued punishment, making this claim, in particular, is very dramatic and maybe the purpose of inciting drama is a result of the situation. In addition, you also claim I am unwilling to investigate the situation which is false, evidence was reviewed, details were recorded and punishment was issued; yes, one of the users had their punishment changed but that does not mean the same for you; if I was unwilling to investigate this situation I would have dismissed your claims and not provided details behind my reasonings which I did.

As follows, as a staff member I felt as if the following users apart of this situation are currently in violation of server rules, as listed below:

Kakarot (STEAM_1:0:141330911)
  • 2.2.4 - Attacking to kill should be carried out sensibly and not as a first resort, unless you have a good reason for immediate lethal action.
    • Law Enforcement from prior evidence presented in regards to this situation merely arrived on the situation, no sense of imitation was triggered. As a player you assumed the situation from the start, shoot out roleplay is not the way to deal with all situations and you proceeding to act on assumptions and kill the others before any sort of action in roleplay could take place, therefore killing all other forms of roleplay and killing when not required; no form of roleplay is present here and most people will say never to assume a situation as you do not know the complete outcome.
  • 2.2.8 - You may not kill a Law Enforcement Officer unless you have a valid roleplay reason to do so. These could include, but is not limited to, visibly carrying illegal weapons or visibly performing an illegal activity. These reasons depend on the context. If police are attempting to initiate an arrest on you while you are carrying hidden illegal items in your inventory, that is a valid reason to kill them.
    • Was it necessary for you to be carrying a firearm openly without a licence? I believe you were aware that and used this open carry to incite/initiate reactions from the law enforcement for the purpose of shooting them, ending all form of roleplay.
    • Law enforcement in the evidence did not even confront you, they are not actively talking to you and you are assuming the situation, but once another officer pulls up you do not even say anything and proceed to kill both others, bear in mind that neither have said anything to you or acted at that moment which would allow you to lead up to this situation, no form of the intent of roleplay was seen in, the only intent was to shoot officers when unnecessary.
  • 2.2.12 - Law Enforcement may only be harmed if they are a direct threat to you. Passing by officers and deputies, such as those obeying NLR, may not be harmed unless they initiate on you.
    • Law Enforcement did not initiate on you, they never communicated with you and even in roleplay they did not interact with you, as you assume a situation as stated in prior rules killing should be at last resort which clearly you are not considering, you had two vehicles and enough time if you suspected something; but in my opinion, your intention was to end all form of roleplay and kill law enforcement which is not the sort of roleplay that most users want as its destructive.
  • 2.6.6 - You may not cop bait - the act of excessively provoking Law Enforcement for the sole purpose of having them chase you or incite some other reaction from them for your own mere enjoyment.
    • Evidence previously presented and commented on, you are aware you are carrying a firearm and I believe your intent was to gain a reaction from law enforcement when a firearm is not required.
Mazen (STEAM_0:1:105593399)
  • Fear Roleplay - The acts of roleplaying fear as your character. This means that your character’s life is in danger and have to respond properly towards it.
  • 2.4.1 - You must correctly follow FearRP when a situation calls for it, such as when you are being held at gunpoint. Roleplay should reflect on how you would approach a similar situation in real-life.
To conclude my statement, as a staff member I do not claim or handle reports with the intention of targeting a demographic nor my review period is sloppy; yes, mistakes can occur but they are always corrected and as a staff member I do not believe you have the intent to follow the rules listed above, I believe you are aware of the reactions you are trying to get and ultimately turn this into a lesser roleplay situation which you can lead to death, therefore, ending all other forms of roleplay; you had many options to choose but without taking into considerations of attacking at last resort you see to this as first, many other players could have clearly created a different situation which could have lead to better roleplay.

In result to your punishment as a player of violating server rules you see out to present claims without actual evidence, to create drama from a situation and to discredit my ability as a staff member, I find many of the remarks you have made unjust and out of line, when it comes to dealing with a situation such as yours, details are taken into account; bear in mind that staff have discretion on the punishment they administer and as a fairly long-standing staff member I always refer to the server rules, making sure that the correct punishment is administered in lines without the server rules are presented.

I am not going to argue or further create any form of drama on this situation, allow a member of management to review the situation and come to a decision.

Kind Regards,
SCOTTISH

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Under review.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Targeted punishment towards younger player/Unwillingness to investigate situation

This staff report is invalid, since the evidence provided do not show Scottish abusing his powers, targeting anyone or not wanting to investigate the situation, in any way, shape or form. In fact, as you can see on both his replies, to this staff report and your blacklist appeal, he was professional and explained to you what rules were broken.

In addition to this, you should have fled if you had any concerns, as you had enough time. The rules you broke were:

As follows, as a staff member I felt as if the following users apart of this situation are currently in violation of server rules, as listed below:

Kakarot (STEAM_1:0:141330911)
  • 2.2.4 - Attacking to kill should be carried out sensibly and not as a first resort, unless you have a good reason for immediate lethal action.
    • Law Enforcement from prior evidence presented in regards to this situation merely arrived on the situation, no sense of imitation was triggered. As a player you assumed the situation from the start, shoot out roleplay is not the way to deal with all situations and you proceeding to act on assumptions and kill the others before any sort of action in roleplay could take place, therefore killing all other forms of roleplay and killing when not required; no form of roleplay is present here and most people will say never to assume a situation as you do not know the complete outcome.
  • 2.2.8 - You may not kill a Law Enforcement Officer unless you have a valid roleplay reason to do so. These could include, but is not limited to, visibly carrying illegal weapons or visibly performing an illegal activity. These reasons depend on the context. If police are attempting to initiate an arrest on you while you are carrying hidden illegal items in your inventory, that is a valid reason to kill them.
    • Was it necessary for you to be carrying a firearm openly without a licence? I believe you were aware that and used this open carry to incite/initiate reactions from the law enforcement for the purpose of shooting them, ending all form of roleplay.
    • Law enforcement in the evidence did not even confront you, they are not actively talking to you and you are assuming the situation, but once another officer pulls up you do not even say anything and proceed to kill both others, bear in mind that neither have said anything to you or acted at that moment which would allow you to lead up to this situation, no form of the intent of roleplay was seen in, the only intent was to shoot officers when unnecessary.
  • 2.2.12 - Law Enforcement may only be harmed if they are a direct threat to you. Passing by officers and deputies, such as those obeying NLR, may not be harmed unless they initiate on you.
    • Law Enforcement did not initiate on you, they never communicated with you and even in roleplay they did not interact with you, as you assume a situation as stated in prior rules killing should be at last resort which clearly you are not considering, you had two vehicles and enough time if you suspected something; but in my opinion, your intention was to end all form of roleplay and kill law enforcement which is not the sort of roleplay that most users want as its destructive.
  • 2.6.6 - You may not cop bait - the act of excessively provoking Law Enforcement for the sole purpose of having them chase you or incite some other reaction from them for your own mere enjoyment.
    • Evidence previously presented and commented on, you are aware you are carrying a firearm and I believe your intent was to gain a reaction from law enforcement when a firearm is not required.
Mazen (STEAM_0:1:105593399)
  • Fear Roleplay - The acts of roleplaying fear as your character. This means that your character’s life is in danger and have to respond properly towards it.
  • 2.4.1 - You must correctly follow FearRP when a situation calls for it, such as when you are being held at gunpoint. Roleplay should reflect on how you would approach a similar situation in real-life.

Staff report denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.